Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Official Conor McGregor thread (part 5) *Read Mod Note in Post 1*

Options

Comments

one of my friends high up in RTE, give over will ye..could your friend get a signal in the UK whilst grooming!!!:cool:
    is this the same RTE who had him on with Turbridy? and his trainer roddy? and his coach John?? pull the other one mate

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,150 ✭✭✭kumate_champ07

Just been texting one of my friends who is very high up in RTE. He says the word at montrose is that they will be stripping McGregor of his 2016 Sportsperson of the year award. Said the chiefs there never wanted to give it to him and were very miffed when he didn't show up. Execs voting on it tomorrow morning.

Hopefully it is awarded to someone more deserving retrospectively.

how does his behaviuor in 2018 effect an award based on his 2016?

sounds like RTE want to use his name again for some publicity,
    I bet they have a meeting to figure out what kind of hashtag they'll use
    maybe #notmychampion?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,913 ✭✭✭Pintman Paddy Losty

John_D80 wrote: »
    I know yeah!! As if the RTE sports department got together for an emergency summit right after this happened!! Laughable.

I didn't say they called an emergency meeting. According to my source who without saying too much is a very senior player at Donnybrook, the execs are meeting to vote on it in the morning. Watch this space!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,279 ✭✭✭✭mdwexford

What others? People on boards? Right. He's not some sort of gang leader. Every one of them is entirely responsible for their own actions.

You dont think the kind of representation he can buy, along with the fact that he has no criminal record whatsoever can keep him out of prison?

He absolutely is the ring leader of this gang of lowlifes.

Why do you think he has no criminal record?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,539 ✭✭✭John_D80

Fromvert wrote: »
    He's 7/1 to go to prison in 2018 so fill your boots all you maniacs who think that's where he'll end up

Maybe just maybe if he gets picked up tomorrow he might do the weekend in lockup, only because there will be no court until monday morning but the people saying he will actually do time for this need to wind in the dramatics. :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,952 ✭✭✭duffman13

I know yeah!! As if the RTE sports department got together for an emergency summit right after this happened!! Laughable.

Ah but the chiefs never wanted to give it to him, probably shouldn't have made it a feckin public vote then

• Registered Users Posts: 27,341 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

evil_seed wrote: »
    Are we allowed to criticise fighters now?

Been a good while now since McGregor was a fighter.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,299 ✭✭✭JenovaProject

I didn't say they called an emergency meeting. According to my source who without saying too much is a very senior player at Donnybrook, the execs are meeting to vote on it in the morning. Watch this space!

Who gives a sh1t?
    Hardly big news even if its true.

• Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭miocicmma

CatFromHue wrote: »
    4 teams were on the bus. Nurmagomedov, Namajunas, Chiesa and Kowalkiewicz

mdwexford wrote: »
    He absolutely is the ring leader of this gang of lowlifes.

Why do you think he has no criminal record?

They might be his empty headed lackeys but he is no way responsible for their actions.

I'm basing my assumption that he does not have a criminal record on the fact that he has been previously granted visas to travel and work in the USA.

• Advertisement

I was always a fan of Conor, at the moment Conor seems to be going through some issues (which could be drugs or whatever). I am not liking him at the moment and I hope he is punished harshly. I do hope though that he can get his act together and "keep his circle small" like he always bragged about and be the guy that we were all once a fan of.

People can hate him or love him, he is one of the greatest Irish sports men we have had in years and to have an Irish person to support at that level of the game was awesome, hopefully we can get more moments like we had before.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,784 ✭✭✭froog

I think I'd rather watch my arsehole with a mirror.

froog wrote: »

I wish I could thank this twice :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,604 ✭✭✭dave1982

They might be his empty headed lackeys but he is no way responsible for their actions.

I'm basing my assumption that he does not have a criminal record on the fact that he has been previously granted visas to travel and work in the USA.

The boyz are delighted private jet to new york, free food drink accommodation course its his fault they brought them with him, doubt they bought aer lingus tickets

People can hate him or love him, he is one of the greatest Irish sports men we have had in years

That is a completely ridiculous statement.

Johnny Sexton, Rory McIlroy, McGuigan, Sonia O'Sullivan, Sean Kelly, Ronnie Delaney, even bloody Roy Keane.

They are names you would associate as great Irish sports people. McGregor never represented Irish sport. A brash thug in a niche sport who appealed to the lowest common denominator.

Mod: Between a combination of fighter name calling and trolling you are on your way to a ban from here. You drop in only when McGregor is involved in something to give your two cents, if it is going to be of the current nature of trolling then take it elsewhere such as AH..

• Registered Users Posts: 5,245 ✭✭✭myshirt

Artem obviously shat his pants and started crying after Khabib gave him a dressing down. His nerves were shot.

I don't get it. This man is supposed to be a fighter and be able to handle himself. He shat his pants lads, that's what happened, his pride was hurt. All this incident shows is that Khabib rattled the lot of them, they are all in a blind panic after seeing Artem curled in a ball in the corner crying.

Someone tell me what about this incident shows them as tough men? If anything it just shows them in panic mode by throwing this wobbler.

Artem must really have had his nerves hit bad. I feel for the guy. Maybe Khabib was too hard on him.

mcgregor will need a big mirror to get a view of his whole hole after a stint in the clink stateside.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,351 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

Haven't read the whole thread but what's the summary?

Tell me there aren't still people who like/defend this lowlife?

I was always a fan of Conor, at the moment Conor seems to be going through some issues (which could be drugs or whatever). I am not liking him at the moment and I hope he is punished harshly. I do hope though that he can get his act together and "keep his circle small" like he always bragged about and be the guy that we were all once a fan of.

People can hate him or love him, he is one of the greatest Irish sports men we have had in years and to have an Irish person to support at that level of the game was awesome, hopefully we can get more moments like we had before.

I kind of agree, I actually watched the notorious again recently and some parts are brilliant..to think a guy can raise such interest as to have Arnie call into his house in Vegas...If he wasn't charismatic, arnie would read a book in his car...
    it only lowers it;s tone when you see saps like that WARD lad and the likes creep into the periphery. take all that away, leave john kavanagh, Conor mcgregor, and team SBG, and it's a fairytale.. There;s something to be said for working class lads not handling the fame and money well..Most lotto winners go mental and blow it all too...even tyson was fukt in the end..

c'mon the entrance to the chad mendes fight would raise your arm hairs now again if ye watched it.

Hate the persona....give respect to the athlete and fighter..c'mon lads, he got better as they got tougher FFS!

• Registered Users Posts: 988 ✭✭✭brendanwalsh

he's a dirty knacker lads.

andrew must be bulling.

can't feel too sorry for roddy and kavanagh, they've let him get away with this for too long.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭hewhoscares

Just been texting one of my friends who is very high up in RTE. He says the word at montrose is that they will be stripping McGregor of his 2016 Sportsperson of the year award. Said the chiefs there never wanted to give it to him and were very miffed when he didn't show up. Execs voting on it tomorrow morning.

Hopefully it is awarded to someone more deserving retrospectively.

Finally some serious repercussions for his actions

• Registered Users Posts: 4,604 ✭✭✭dave1982

DrPhilG wrote: »
    Haven't read the whole thread but what's the summary?

Tell me there aren't still people who like/defend this lowlife?
    Course they are haha

• Registered Users Posts: 11,279 ✭✭✭✭mdwexford

Johnny Sexton, Rory McIlroy, McGuigan, Sonia O'Sullivan, Sean Kelly, Ronnie Delaney, even bloody Roy Keane.

They are names you would associate as great Irish sports people. McGregor never represented Irish sport. A brash thug in a niche sport who appealed to the lowest common denominator.

Why don't you toddle off back to after hours.

You haven't a clue.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,055 ✭✭✭JohnnyFlash

The jumped-up little gurrier will be eating serious humble pie if the award is taken off him. I remember a time when some goons were suggesting he be awarded the freedom of Dublin!!! lol

Why bother yourself with him so. He's won two titles in the pinnacle of his sport. If you cant respect that then maybe your the lowest common denominator you like referring to.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,360 ✭✭✭robwen

Where does Conor get the private jet from?

Finally some serious repercussions for his actions

LOL. Good one.

^^^^
    Vulgarity which typifies McGregors fanbase.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,896 ✭✭✭sabat

What others? People on boards? Right. He's not some sort of gang leader. Every one of them is entirely responsible for their own actions.

Who paid for them all to go? Whose idea was it? This wasn't fisticuffs outside a pub - this was a group of (really fcking stupid) foreigners entering the USA with the intent and planning to carry out an assault. Like I said, they're all in serious sh1t-for starters it's the last time they'll be allowed enter the country.

• Advertisement

The jumped-up little gurrier will be eating serious humble pie if the award is taken off him. I remember a time when some goons were suggesting he be awarded the freedom of Dublin!!! lol

Yeah he'll be devastated, Remember when he was so proud to receive it that he flew back from the US especially for it?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement