Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Official Conor McGregor thread (part 5) *Read Mod Note in Post 1*

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭Autochange

sabat wrote: »
    Who paid for them all to go? Whose idea was it? This wasn't fisticuffs outside a pub - this was a group of (really fcking stupid) foreigners entering the USA with the intent and planning to carry out an assault. Like I said, they're all in serious sh1t-for starters it's the last time they'll be allowed enter the country.

Already in the country. Dana White even said it. People need to keep up

• Registered Users Posts: 8,748 ✭✭✭degsie

Always assumed that mcg wasn't the sharpest tool in the shed, but he did a really really stupid thing today. Finally showing his true colours perhaps.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,683 ✭✭✭Subcomandante Marcos

robwen wrote: »
    Where does Conor get the private jet from?

You can charter them fairly easily, especially in Ireland, if you have the money.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,057 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

This is McGregor Ltd's most ambitious advertising campaign yet. It has cost around .5m already and thats before the lawsuits. Flying his crew around the world on a whim to box lads ...

Will he get a return on this investment or will there be sanctions?

The jumped-up little gurrier will be eating serious humble pie if the award is taken off him. I remember a time when some goons were suggesting he be awarded the freedom of Dublin!!! lol

yeah cos that's only reserved for the likes of geldof so he can **** it back at us to make a point!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,683 ✭✭✭Subcomandante Marcos

Autochange wrote: »

They flew there last night. Conor chartered a flight and brought half of the SBG fight team with him.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,539 ✭✭✭John_D80

sabat wrote: »
    Who paid for them all to go? Whose idea was it? This wasn't fisticuffs outside a pub - this was a group of (really fcking stupid) foreigners entering the USA with the intent and planning to carry out an assault. Like I said, they're all in serious sh1t-for starters it's the last time they'll be allowed enter the country.

SO McGregor is responsible for their actions because he paid for them? Nope.

Can you prove there was intent before they arrived in the USA? Last time I checked Conor had a freiend and team mate on this card so he had reason to be in the city.

They may not be allowed back in the state or country (unlikely but possible) but McGregor will not do prison time for this.

rusty cole wrote: »
    I kind of agree, I actually watched the notorious again recently and some parts are brilliant..to think a guy can raise such interest as to have Arnie call into his house in Vegas...If he wasn't charismatic, arnie would read a book in his car...
    it only lowers it;s tone when you see saps like that WARD lad and the likes creep into the periphery. take all that away, leave john kavanagh, Conor mcgregor, and team SBG, and it's a fairytale.. There;s something to be said for working class lads not handling the fame and money well..Most lotto winners go mental and blow it all too...even tyson was fukt in the end..

c'mon the entrance to the chad mendes fight would raise your arm hairs now again if ye watched it.

Hate the persona....give respect to the athlete and fighter..c'mon lads, he got better as they got tougher FFS!

Never defended a title. He's not a true champion. He's a scumbag and it's all unraveled for him now. F him

obviously they have to leave first before they can be denied entry as they're already there.

• Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭hewhoscares

Gotta say as mates go - all the critisims about him and his lackeys behaviour is more than valid - but flying out a private jet with an entourage and risking everything to get at Khabib is some kop.

He's rolling tight with Artem.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,604 ✭✭✭dave1982

Well if Dana said .....
    reports are that Artem contacted Conor after altercation on tuesday and Conor rounded up they boyz and boarded a private jet

#thuglife

obviously they have to leave first before they can be denied entry as they're already there.

He didn't just fly over to cause trouble. They were already here is what I mean.

dave1982 wrote: »
    Well if Dana said .....
    reports are that Artem contacted Conor after altercation on tuesday and Conor rounded up they boyz and boarded a private jet

#thuglife

What reports are these now? Didn't see anything about this yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,604 ✭✭✭dave1982

John_D80 wrote: »
    What reports are these now? Didn't see anything about this yet.
    https://twitter.com/arielhelwani/status/982001363709255681

Gotta say as mates go - all the critisims about him and his lackeys behaviour is more than valid - but flying out a private jet with an entourage and risking everything to get at Khabib is some kop.

He's rolling tight with Artem.

Why not fight him in the octagon?
    During the press conference Artem had a go at khabib.
    Bye bye McGregor. Back to the plumbing apprenticeship

• Registered Users Posts: 988 ✭✭✭brendanwalsh

junkie scum. hope thats the last we see of him.

Mod: Take a break from the forum, you add absolutely nothing to it. During the week posting fake news nonsense from a twitter account, multiple breaches of the charter with calling fighters derogatory terms and your comment about Andrew McGahon is a classless pathetic thing to say - hoping someone loses their job just because of someone elses actions. Your kind of posts are more suited to AH and I suggest you stick to posting on the McGregor thread over there unless your attitude changes before coming back here.

dave1982 wrote: »

What a child.

And not just him either, everyone involved.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,748 ✭✭✭degsie

In fairness, after watching the video, it was all handbag stuff. You see more violence at a rugby game.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,885 ✭✭✭stephenl15

junkie scum. hope thats the last we see of him.

Not a fan I take it?

He didn't just fly over to cause trouble. They were already here is what I mean.

it's like oceans 11 crossed with the regency attack

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,279 ✭✭✭✭mdwexford

When asked on Wednesday about the Lobov run-in, Nurmagomedov shrugged it off as “nothing,” however, on Thursday he said, “I explained to Artem like a small baby, ‘Hey, no more talk about me.’”

This quote cracked me up. Explained like a small baby. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 11,279 ✭✭✭✭mdwexford

degsie wrote: »
    In fairness, after watching the video, it was all handbag stuff. You see more violence at a rugby game.

People getting glass in their eyes and cutting their faces.

What do you want, actual stabbings?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

Axwell wrote: »
    Hes still champ one would assume till tomorrow and still signed to the ufc, so yes to answer your question. Hes obviously more active outside the cage than in it but still doesnt give people the go ahead to start calling names and break the charter. It brings a level of immaturity to the forum and the flocks of people never seen before dropping in to have their annual post to tell us what they think of him before ducking out again never to be seen for ages in the forum in true champ champ fashion...

This is the only thread where I regularly see people complaining about 'outsiders'. All the time.

Did it ever occur to you - and others - that many might regularly read the thread but only be moved to comment the odd time?

Yes, the odd time may be when Conor has a fight coming up, on fight night or when he does something massively stupid, but what's the problem with that anyway? There's a level of snobbery here.

Now while I understand that your intention in this instance is to avoid 'the regulars' giving 'outsiders' an impression that you can call someone 'a knacker' or whatever, the attitude is representative of how this thread can be pretty hostile.

mdwexford wrote: »
    People getting glass in their eyes and cutting their faces.

What do you want, actual stabbings?

It's in the Us .he wants a shootout

Never defended a title. He's not a true champion. He's a scumbag and it's all unraveled for him now. F him

yeah walked through a fighter who's now the 145lb champ, unbeaten and maybe a two weight champ come saturday? sparked aldo in 13 seconds and showed it was no fluke by walking through eddie alvarez, a phenom in mosts minds, it was childs play.. His left hand was put on par with a babe ruth swing, that was frankie edgars coach by the way, mark henry said that, we'll be lucky to see such beauty in our life time, such was mcgregor's timing!!! and speed. he put mendes away having never prepared for a wrestler (john jones refused to fight in the same circumstances) oh and with a dodgy ACL no less.

Give over, you haven't a clue

• Registered Users Posts: 5,245 ✭✭✭myshirt

Finally some serious repercussions for his actions

Yeah, that'll learn him. Probably nail him on the TV licence aswell.

rusty cole wrote: »
    yeah walked through a fighter who's now the 145lb champ, unbeaten and maybe a two weight champ come saturday? sparked aldo in 13 seconds and showed it was no fluke by walking through eddie alvarez, a phenom in mosts minds, it was childs play.. His left hand was put on par with a babe ruth swing, that was frankie edgars coach by the way, mark henry said that, we'll be lucky to see such beauty in our life time, such was mcgregor's timing!!! and speed. he put mendes away having never prepared for a wrestler (john jones refused to fight in the same circumstances) oh and with a dodgy ACL no less.

Give over, you haven't a clue

notwithstanding that, he's repeatedly proven himself to be a scumbag, who deserves no admiration.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭Fromvert

Reed Harris (works for UFC) said he thought he was going to die :pac:

Some of the over reactions are hilarious

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,790 Mod ✭✭✭✭riffmongous

Well, whatever about Conor's future, the memes coming from Facebook all night have been brill thanks to this

• Advertisement

glasso wrote: »
    notwithstanding that, he's repeatedly proven himself to be a scumbag, who deserves no admiration.

I agree with you 100% outside of the ring, my point was at the NOT a true champ shyte...
    outside he's been a disgrace as of a good while ago.. I;m concerned only with his achievements in the octagon really.
    on that note, he's done great things. done more for the sport post reebok that any tito ortiz, chuck liddell or randy couture.
    he's a game changer like Aldo, St Pierre, edgar, penn and silva, with 100 times more hype than a sonnen!!

yeah cos conan O'Brien & jimmy Kimmel always had UFC fighters on!!!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement