Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Official Conor McGregor thread (part 5) *Read Mod Note in Post 1*

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭Autochange

rusty cole wrote: »
    yeah walked through a fighter who's now the 145lb champ, unbeaten and maybe a two weight champ come saturday? sparked aldo in 13 seconds and showed it was no fluke by walking through eddie alvarez, a phenom in mosts minds, it was childs play.. His left hand was put on par with a babe ruth swing, that was frankie edgars coach by the way, mark henry said that, we'll be lucky to see such beauty in our life time, such was mcgregor's timing!!! and speed. he put mendes away having never prepared for a wrestler (john jones refused to fight in the same circumstances) oh and with a dodgy ACL no less.

Give over, you haven't a clue

Defend a belt. Champions defend titles. Pull your head out of his arse

• Registered Users Posts: 7,056 ✭✭✭darced

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭weldoninhio

Fromvert wrote: »
    Reed Harris (works for UFC) said he thought he was going to die :pac:

Some of the over reactions are hilarious

Up until the gate was coming down to seperate the bus from the gang, no one seemed to know what was going on.

With the terrorist threat, especially in NY, and daily shootings etc in the US, I’d imagine you would think the worst if your bus came under attack.

Up until the gate was coming down to seperate the bus from the gang, no one seemed to know what was going on.

With the terrorist threat, especially in NY, and daily shootings etc in the US, I’d imagine you would think the worst if your bus came under attack.

darced wrote: »
    Didn't like the whole Khabib acting like a bully to Artem thing so I have to laugh at him hiding on the bus when Conor shows up. In a pure soap opera terms the whole fiasco is hilarious but smashing windows is too much, Conor always goes too far.

Hiding? He’s the guy in the video trying to pull the door open and get out. :rollseyes:

• Advertisement

Autochange wrote: »
    Defend a belt. Champions defend titles. Pull your head out of his arse

ohhh hurt you telling you that you hadn't a clue, go back to your sunday world roy keane poster, we all know you've been dying to put it back up.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

evil_seed wrote: »
    Are we allowed to criticise fighters now?

Commenting on their actions isnt a problem - name calling and using derogatory terms is, which is in the charter and anyone regular on here is fully aware of.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,308 Mod ✭✭✭✭.ak

First of all you said they were up to tricks with him.

Then you said they were trying to "publicly shame him into defending his belt".

Do you not realise how pathetic that sounds? The sheer idea that they would even have to shame him into anything?

The UFC, like everyone else, clearly want him to fight. He's their golden goose. There's no conspiracy here ffs.

"Pathetic", oh stop being so precious, and naive.

Ofcourse the UFC would heap the pressure on him to make him look like he's unwilling to defend his belt. Anything to get him back into the ring on agreeable terms. That's not a conspiracy, it's just how the fight game has always been promoted, even pre-MMA.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭Fromvert

Maybe if the people causing the trouble had serious weapons instead of trash cans, dollys and folding chairs over their head. He's completely overreacting, Alex Ferguson that soccer ball could of killed him levels of over reaction.

andrew murray and charlie ward can't fly commercial due to drug distribution charges

delighted that this is the end of mcgahon's and lobov's careers. sbg will struggle to get anyone into ufc anymore.

the only thing conor will be tapping on soon is the bars of a new york prison cell

Mcgahon went up and down the country covering Irish MMA out of his own pocked and working on Severe MMA again for no pay but the love of the sport. He got an opportunity to work for the MacLife to progress his career and give him a chance to focus on his BJJ. He is also a fellow boards member and having met him and spoke to him a number of times he is a very sound and decent individual. There is no confirmation yet which members of the MacLife crew let McGregor etc in and even if he was one of the two MacLife people who supposedly opened the door its highly unlikely he expected this sort of action to take place or was going to turn around and tell his employer and 20 of his crew no. To be delighted someone might possibly lose their career because of someone elses actions is a pretty pathetic and classless attitude to have. You have been banned from the forum for a week for a combination of posts in this thread, I would suggest you consider posting in AH and not coming back here unless your attitude and posting manner changes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,091 ✭✭✭backspin.

PTSD claim on the way.

ohhh hurt you telling you that you hadn't a clue, go back to your sunday world roy keane poster, we all know you've been dying to put it back up.

McGregor is gone now. No reason for you to watch UFC anymore.

Maybe if the people causing the trouble had serious weapons instead of trash cans, dollys and folding chairs over their head. He's completely overreacting, Alex Ferguson that soccer ball could of killed him levels of over reaction.

How was he to know they didn’t??

McGregor is gone now. No reason for you to watch UFC anymore.

I'd say you still go the pub and call MMA , de UFC!!! I do de UFC Fellas!! :D
    you probably AUTOCHANGE back to watching womens waterpolo!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,683 ✭✭✭Subcomandante Marcos

Just on potential charges here.

New York has mandatory minimum sentences for certain violent crimes. One of them is "Gang assault" which doesn't actually mean gang membership, it just means assault by a group of people and carries a mandatory minimum sentence of 3.5 years.
    A conviction for assault carries a mandatory minimum sentence of 2 years.
    Both of those are for people with no criminal record. Since NY went "zero tolerance" in under Giuliani in the 90's they have had some of the strictest and harshest sentences for violent crimes convictions.

If he's hit with either charge he's properly fooked.

Folks multiple cards have been handed out - if you received one its quite clear why so I wouldnt bother sending pm's complaining. You are all fully aware of the charter and fighter bashing/name calling or using derogatory terms towards them. I also posted a warning about it earlier.

Secondly making accusations about drug use being involved is only looking to get yourself in hot water and I would suggest keeping opinions on the matter to yourself.

Same goes for making accusations about who did what without any evidence or source to back any of the speculation up.

The majority of you are around long enough to know what is and isnt ok to post, if you have to second guess it then it most likely isnt something to be posted and if you decide to just ignore warnings and the charter and post it anyways then you only have yourself to blame for any repercussions.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,056 ✭✭✭darced

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 419 ✭✭TJ Mackie

Subtitled video of the Khabib/Artem incident

I'd say you still go the pub and call MMA , de UFC!!! I do de UFC Fellas!! :D

What's an MMA?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭Fromvert

How was he to know they didn’t??

By looking at them? Come on man, McGregor made an absolute fool of himself and was a scumbag but people saying they thought they were going to die is complete nonsense. We've all been in situations that get chaotic but thinking you'll die is over the top and looking for attention and I gave him what he wanted.

• Advertisement

What's an MMA?

It's a johnny logan song as far as you're concerned :)

By looking at them? Come on man, McGregor made an absolute fool of himself and was a scumbag but people saying they thought they were going to die is complete nonsense. We've all been in situations that get chaotic but thinking you'll die is over the top and looking for attention and I gave him what he wanted.

I felt threatened just watching the video..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 280 ✭✭Max Prophet

Can anyone confirm twitter rumours he is now arrested ?

It's a johnny logan song as far as you're concerned :)

Yeah I know the one
    Looking forward to summer slam this year ?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,885 ✭✭✭stephenl15

Sow Ewan McKenna thinks it was all staged.... Ffs.

https://twitter.com/EwanMacKenna/status/982002469373992961?s=19

Personally if I’m on a bus and a window explodes inwards, I’m hitting the deck. And if more **** keeps hitting us I’d be seriously scared for my life. But I still wouldn’t be putting my head up as a target.

I'm out of whiskey so heading to bed, we'll see how that land lies in the morning I think. Nice crossing swords with ye Autochange, you CANT see me!!!!! it's all good as Diaz would say

• Registered Users Posts: 30,308 Mod ✭✭✭✭.ak

Well, whatever about Conor's future, the memes coming from Facebook all night have been brill thanks to this

Yeah even some of the posts here have me in stitches.

Over the 'RTE to withdraw the 2016 Sports Person of the Year award' story..
    The country holds it's breath!!
    Finally some serious repercussions for his actions
    myshirt wrote: »
    Yeah, that'll learn him. Probably nail him on the TV licence aswell.

And these gems :pac:
    clsmooth wrote: »
    And I only came on here tonight to see if there were any updates on Jon Jones' skinny legs..
    Must have been an interim warrant

I'm out of whiskey so heading to bed, we'll see how that land lies in the morning I think. Nice crossing swords with ye Autochange, you CANT see me!!!!! it's all good as Diaz would say

No worries. Good old Cameron. Great for the quotes and one liners.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,995 ✭✭✭Sofiztikated

TJ Mackie wrote: »
    Subtitled video of the Khabib/Artem incident

That gives a load of context to what happened, ta for that.

Still a stupid thing to do, but now I can see where it came from.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement