Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Official Conor McGregor thread (part 5) *Read Mod Note in Post 1*

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,929 ✭✭✭raven136

Any official link to that?

What a fcuking dickhead to ruin a good card if it true

https://twitter.com/bokamotoESPN/status/982067365591572480

• Registered Users Posts: 3,539 ✭✭✭John_D80

The SBG takeover will continue, mark my words ................

In Bellator.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,683 ✭✭✭Subcomandante Marcos

If Borgs eye is badly injured and he presses charges Conor is 100% fooked, in terms of criminal proescution AND civil litigation.
    Chiesa can do him too for preventing him from making a living, loss of earnings from assault injuries is treated very seriously in murica.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,299 ✭✭✭JenovaProject

John_D80 wrote: »
    To which you got the answer that I don't care either way.

It just so happened that the response I gave didn't fit with the limited options (yes or no) that you tried to restrict me to.

Why ask what fight if you dont care?You could have answered yes or no John..Im not some trinity student who'd debate you to boredom!!!

Anyway Im not in the mood of arguing...I think Conor tried to build up a potential Khabib fight by acting the retard and its backfired spectacularly.

Not a big UFC conspiracy but defo something Conor tried to engineer by his actions tonight.

Borg has glass in his eyes and one of them won't open fully.
    Doctors won't let Chiesa fight because of the cuts on his face.

Artem is being exiled to Navan Road for life for being a naughty boy.

No official link, Ariel and a few other usual MMA Journos posting on twitter at the min about it all.

Wasnt doubting you at all man:)

• Advertisement

If Borgs eye is badly injured and he presses charges Conor is 100% fooked, in terms of criminal proescution AND civil litigation.
    Chiesa can do him too for preventing him from making a living, loss of earnings from assault injuries is treated very seriously in murica.

If it even gets remotely close to to 1% fooked, Conor can well afford to pay them both off more money than they could ever dream of making as fighters.

Wasnt doubting you at all man:)

I probably should have just posted Ariel's thread link in fairness, but it's late and I'm tired and didn't think of it.

If it even gets remotely close to to 1% fooked, Conor can well afford to pay them both off more money than they could ever dream of making as fighters.

And he fooking should after the bullsh1t carry on of tonight

Anyway Im not in the mood of arguing...I think Conor tried to build up a potential Khabib fight by acting the retard and its backfired spectacularly.

Not a big UFC conspiracy but defo something Conor tried to engineer by his actions tonight.

Yeah sure buddy. He did this to hype a fight. Good man.

He can't pay off the state of New York though.

• Advertisement

Yeah sure buddy. He did this to hype a fight. Good man.

You really doubt how low McGregor can go???

Edit....he didnt do it to hype it...he did it for a big payday!!!

He can't pay off the state of New York though.

True but a lot of Conor's criminal charges will disappear when the injured parties are "compensated" for their distress and injuries.

It's red panty night for Chiesa and Borg basically.

McGregors looking at something similar to a breach of the peace and criminal damage.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,009 ✭✭✭Tangatagamadda Chaddabinga Bonga Bungo

Think he needs to be out of the US and never return. Could easily be up for criminal charges if he doesn't.

You really doubt how low McGregor can go???

Edit....he didnt do it to hype it...he did it for a big payday!!!

Seriously what are you on about??? What payday??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

Happier times.

DaCj3UqXUAEz6g2.jpg

Conor Khabib...like I said earlier...why is it so hard for you to understand?
    All this crap makes the fight bigger.
    Im not saying its right or wrong but i can see Conor thinking "make a big rivalry and this sh1t sells"....I just think he overstepped the boundaries tonight

Im not saying its right or wrong but i can see Conor thinking "make a big rivalry and this sh1t sells"....I just think he overstepped the boundaries tonight

You're trying to say that the biggest name and highest paid fighter in the history of the sport needs to pull a stunt like that to secure a big payday.

A stunt that will probably lose him multiple sponsors worth millions.

There was nothing calculated about it. It was a dumb move that he made with no consideration to his future earnings at all. Period.

Seriously think about what you're saying.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,246 ✭✭✭ardinn

So I've a few theories, questions

It makes sense it's real, seeing what khabib did to artem - if so, and the resulting cancelleations will see the following

Lawsuits against the ufc from employees, both of the barclays center and their own, including fighters
    Mac gets 6 lawsuits for loss of earnings from fighters
    another 10 from moneygrabbers on the bus who "thought they would die"
    ufc sues for making them get sued.
    He has lost ANY and ALL sponsorship deals he ever had a chance of getting.
    He could be as broke as mayweather was this time next year!!

Now - does someone actually have to press charges against him in order for him to be done by the law over there or can the cops do him for breaching the peace - even if no complaints are made.

How serious does it get with the russians - genuine question, one idiot is all it takes, and there are plenty on both sides.

You're trying to say that the biggest name and highest paid fighter in the history of the sport needs to pull a stunt like that to secure a big payday.

A stunt that will probably lose him multiple sponsors worth millions.

There was nothing calculated about it. It was a dumb move that he made with no consideration to his future earnings at all. Period.

Seriously think about what you're saying.

I never mentioned him being calculated about it...hes a livewire...hes a bit ****ing nuts...hes known to fly off the handle from time to time...Mcgregor is far from a level headed individual...why did he lose the head and do it then?
    Just cos he's off his head on coke?
    I doubt it.
    Imo he thought it would generate hype but he pushed the boat out way too far

I never mentioned him being calculated about it...hes a livewire...hes a bit ****ing nuts...hes known to fly off the handle from time to time...Mcgregor is far from a level headed individual...why did he lose the head and do it then?
    Just cos he's off his head on coke?
    I doubt it.
    Imo he thought it would generate hype but he pushed the boat out way too far

Generating hype was the last thing on his mind. It was a vendetta against someone that made a show of his friend. Nothing more.

He didn't need to hype any fight and if he was going to, he had all the time in the world if it ever got made.

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭hewhoscares

No. It's basically schoolground style loyalty playing out - there's no bigger picture 3D chess going on, though undoubtedly it should that affect on a potential Khabib Conor fight - he's just an man driven on ego and maybe chemical based instinctive reactions of you come at one of us you come at us all.

Part of me respects the loyalty aspect to it, but its so misplaced and he has the resources to do so much more and be so much more affective.

Just no many knock on effects from all this premeditated madness

Firstly the guy hes sticking up for hes actually harmed, as this will be the end of Lobovs UFC career, deserved or not.

the maclife will be no more. Unless he does monthly interviews with them whats left to report? local MMA aint gonna keep the bodies on the payroll. They ain't getting UFC access no more, not that their undeserved access there was paying the salaries but it was something.

Id be suprised if the sponsors he currently has suddenly distance themselves. Someone with his profile, language and notoriety is already a tough sell to corporate america but this they're gonna want out I'd imagine.

He loses leverage with the UFC as blue chip sponsors and the WWE become less likely revenue streams. So fight purse becomes even more the key for him and they know hes a bit more limited.

Potentially jail time - though with his access to top end legal advice, unlikely.

He's opened himself up to criminal and civil proceedings from so many different entities.

And finally rumours are afoot that RTE may possibly be removing him from their coveted sports personality 2016 award. If that doesn't make Conor sit up and reasses I don't know what will.

Suppose this is all conjecture - most of the same could have been said after the Goddard Bellator incident and nothing really happened there. You'd just hope there are actual repercussions as he's just gonna go further and further

Generating hype was the last thing on his mind. It was a vendetta against someone that made a show of his friend. Nothing more.

He didn't need to hype any fight and if he was going to, he had all the time in the world if it ever got made.
    No bother buddy you're conclusion is as stupid as mine.

No bother buddy you're conclusion is as stupid as mine.

Wait, if you think your conclusion is stupid (and it is) and mine is the opposite of yours, how can mine be stupid too??

Wait, if you think your conclusion is stupid (and it is) and mine is the opposite of yours, how can mine be stupid too??

I don't think yours is the opposite...its just different

I don't think yours is the opposite...its just different

You said he was trying to hype a fight, I said he wasn't.

That's pretty much opposites.

Robbed from twitter but this is class

-Jon Jones
    'No one can fúck up their career as bad as I have'

-Conor McGregor
    'Hold my cocaine'

Conor McGregor got off the couch yesterday and took out six people. Don't ever say he's not active.

You said he was trying to hype a fight, I said he wasn't.

That's pretty much opposites.

No I didn't...i gave an explanation for why he might do what he did...is it really that out there that he might have stirred up this trouble to make a few million quid extra from a fight rather than just going so save his buddy???

• Advertisement

def.jpg

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement