Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Official Conor McGregor thread (part 5) *Read Mod Note in Post 1*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,539 ✭✭✭John_D80

No I didn't...i gave an explanation for why he might do what he did...is it really that out there that he might have stirred up this trouble to make a few million quid extra from a fight rather than just going so save his buddy???

Yes. Very much so. He was already going to be naming his price for his comeback fight. This stunt would not have made him money. He was only ever losing money from this even before it went this far.

Conor McGregor knows how to generate interest and doesn’t need to hype fights by attacking buses in hotel car parks for it to be recorded on mobile phones.

You can cling to the notion that he was trying to build up interest in a fight if you want but it’s just plain silly to think that.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,231 ✭✭✭Jim Bob Scratcher

According to some NBC reporter he is in custody right now :pac:

https://twitter.com/Tom_Winter?ref_src=twsrc%5Egoogle%7Ctwcamp%5Eserp%7Ctwgr%5Eauthor

• Registered Users Posts: 21,391 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

This tweet really sums up the madness of it all.

https://twitter.com/shaunalshatti/status/982076574705971200?s=21

• Registered Users Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

• Registered Users Posts: 3,161 ✭✭✭Amazingfun

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,925 ✭✭✭pudzey101

I cant wait to hear him explain himself or write up an apology , it will say alot for what happens next

• Registered Users Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

• Registered Users Posts: 29,853 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Jason must be the UFC employee with the broken hand. Weigh ins should be very interesting, starting in 8 hours.

In the meantime, let's go to our man on the ground with the latest info. Ariel, what's the situation there where you are?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,797 ✭✭✭✭hatrickpatrick

This situation is just completely mental. After getting three fights cancelled, I really can't see Conor coming back to the UFC on good terms :(

• Registered Users Posts: 29,853 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭theballz

He’s a scumbag - simple as.

Three fights cancelled now, UFC will sue him for loss of earnings. Barclay ground staff, security, basically anyone on the bus will want a piece of him. He’ll lose his deals with Reebok, Beats by Dre, Burger King etc and if convicted won’t be allowed enter the US again

• Registered Users Posts: 723 ✭✭✭PhilipsR

Well, this will be the making of the man. Either this is finally the thing that makes him curb his actions and cut loose the hangers on known as his ‘entourage’ or he’ll be in a cell or a lot worse come this time five years.

There was no plan for this. This was pure and utter scumbaggery of the highest order. He deserves everything he gets. What an idiot.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭Autochange

PhilipsR wrote: »
    Well, this will be the making of the man. Either this is finally the thing that makes him curb his actions and cut loose the hangers on known as his ‘entourage’ or he’ll be in a cell or a lot worse come this time five years.

There was no plan for this. This was pure and utter scumbaggery of the highest order. He deserves everything he gets. What an idiot.

Charlie Ward will pay you a visit for disrespecting his homeboy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,950 ✭✭✭ChikiChiki

McGregor is blessed that yoke he threw hit a panel between the windows of the bus otherwise we may have been looking at a serious casualty.

The guy has had some career but has **** for brains at times.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,918 ✭✭✭Sugarlumps

He's turned into Al Capone with his trusted goon squad. Yet another pathetic display.

Can we get a poll up for his bail amount??

I’m guessing 30,000.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,233 ✭✭✭threeball

I reckon he wanted out of his contract after they stripped him yesterday and decided to use the artem thing as an excuse. Because his ilk can do this deal in Ireland and get no more than a slap on the wrist he's dopey enough to not figure that the US is a little different.

If I was the UFC I'd cancel the event and sue him the 60 or so million in loss of earnings. Other lawsuits would come on top. There will be people they passed on the way back to the car sueing him. It's going to be gas

Sugarlumps wrote: »
    He's turned into Al Capone with his trusted goon squad. Yet another pathetic display.

The pigeon-brain posse.

That includes McGregor

• Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭Rossi IRL

I use to be a big fan of his but this is the final straw for me.

He has been getting worse and worse and I reckon its alot to do with that gang of little tag alongs that follow him everywhere.

I still want to see him do well as an Irish man but I certainly won't be getting up to watch any future fights of his at 3 in the morning, that is of course if there is more fights.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,925 ✭✭✭pudzey101

So he flew from ireland to New York just to confront Khabib for harassing artem. Literally flew across the Atlantic Ocean to throw stuff at a bus ,

Not sure if a stupid loyalty thing or a smart move to make him and khabib the biggest PPV to date

• Advertisement

pudzey101 wrote: »
    So he flew from ireland to New York just to confront Khabib for harassing artem. Literally flew across the Atlantic Ocean to throw stuff at a bus ,

Not sure if a stupid loyalty thing or a smart move to make him and khabib the biggest PPV to date

Obviously it was step 62 in the master plan. It's all planned out.
    The man's a genius businessman as has been said here before.
    It's all to promote his hand-truck company that he's about to launch. He'll take over the market.
    Charlie Ward is set to be announced as chief operating officer, with McGregor as CEO obv

• Registered Users Posts: 3,153 ✭✭✭Brief_Lives

some online reactions, from other fighters....

https://www.mmafighting.com/2018/4/5/17203602/pros-react-to-conor-mcgregor-chaos-in-brooklyn

ffs Conor... bye bye sponsors and license..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭weldoninhio

some online reactions, from other fighters....

https://www.mmafighting.com/2018/4/5/17203602/pros-react-to-conor-mcgregor-chaos-in-brooklyn

ffs Conor... bye bye sponsors and license..

Jesus, some of them weren’t holding back.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭Asus X540L

This could be serious for Conor

This happened in America where they don't **** around.
    He can expect serious lawsuits from everyone on the bus and that's besides criminal charges. He's looking a ton of felonies. Assault with a deadly weapon, gbh, maybe even attempted murder.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭weldoninhio

Asus X540L wrote: »

He can expect serious lawsuits from everyone on the bus and that's besides criminal charges. He's looking a ton of felonies. Assault with a deadly weapon, gbh, maybe even attempted murder.

Especially in NY where they still have Guilliani’s zero tolerance policy.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,517 ✭✭✭EagererBeaver

.ak wrote: »
    "Pathetic", oh stop being so precious, and naive.

Ofcourse the UFC would heap the pressure on him to make him look like he's unwilling to defend his belt. Anything to get him back into the ring on agreeable terms. That's not a conspiracy, it's just how the fight game has always been promoted, even pre-MMA.

It was pathetic. You've rowed back from "tricks" and "publicly shaming" to "anything to get him back into the ring on agreeable terms".

Another way to describe that would be "negotiating" but that wouldn't fit with your "poor Conor is such a victim" narrative.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,760 ✭✭✭Effects

Just been texting one of my friends who is very high up in RTE. He says the word at montrose is that they will be stripping McGregor of his 2016 Sportsperson of the year award. Said the chiefs there never wanted to give it to him and were very miffed when he didn't show up. Execs voting on it tomorrow morning.

Hopefully it is awarded to someone more deserving retrospectively.

My mate in RTE is higher up than your mate in RTE and he said your mate's lost the vote and the award is staying with Conor.

• Site Banned Posts: 3 Cross Currency

Yep, someone should tell him US courts aren't like Irish courts, they don't tolerate that sh1t.

He’s already been charged. Not quite a ton of felonies though.

One felony: mischief
    Two x misdemeanor: assault and reckless endangerment.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭Asus X540L

Did you get then mixed up?
    "Mischief" is a felony?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement