Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Official Conor McGregor thread (part 5) *Read Mod Note in Post 1*

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭weldoninhio

John_D80 wrote: »
    Why shouldn’t they??

The people who saw him for what he was early were condemning him before he ever even started on the slippery slope he’s on.

If it’s good for the goose......

FYP

Mod: If you are going to go and do a FYP to what someone said then dont waste my time reporting someone else for doing it back to you. I have enough to be doing without dealing with your nonsense.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,539 ✭✭✭John_D80

dave1982 wrote: »
    Will there be video feed of the court appearance?

It will streamed on fightpass.

For $69.95.

They’re expecting it to break all sorts of PPV records.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,925 ✭✭✭pudzey101

Will there be video feed of the court appearance?

Doubt it , be another like the speeding fine , plenty of cameras waiting for him outside i imagine

He’s a decent lad really who just fell in with a bad crowd. I hope he can come back from this. In fact with support of true fans like myself, I’m sure he can.

How gracious and forgiving of you.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,517 ✭✭✭EagererBeaver

will the fan boys still defend him now

The same people who thought the craic at the Ward fight in Bellator will say the same about this. It's only a bit of craic, it's great publicity, it's Khabib's fault for ganging up on Artem etc etc

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,860 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

The same people who thought the craic at the Ward fight in Bellator will say the same about this. It's only a bit of craic, it's great publicity, it's Khabib's fault for ganging up on Artem etc etc

Nah too far this time.

Disgraceful. I'd imagine hes going to lose a lot of that 100m from the Mayweather fight in law suits.

However if he fights again it'll be the biggest fight ever. No such thing as bad publicity.

Once the dust settles this will be a positive thing for him. Oddly enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,649 ✭✭✭Whelo79

darced wrote: »
    Anyone got the video of Khabib trying to get out of the bus that was mentioned earlier?

It was his manager Ali that was talking and trying to get out of the bus, not Khabib.

The Nal wrote: »
    Nah too far this time.

Disgraceful. I'd imagine hes going to lose a lot of that 100m from the Mayweather fight in law suits.

However if he fights again it'll be the biggest fight ever. No such thing as bad publicity.

Imagine the “road to redemption” spin the UFC will put on this.

I’d say Dana is already after commissioning a six part fly on the wall type documentary.

Imagine the “road to redemption” spin the UFC will put on this.

I’d say Dana is already after commissioning a six part fly on the wall type documentary.

Dana's on his third **** thinking about the marketing and the press tours already. Rocky IV in Russia sort of thing.

Dana's on his third **** thinking about the marketing and the press tours already. Rocky IV in Russia sort of thing.

Matt Damon to star as Dana White in a UFC production of “The fall and rise of Conor McGregor”.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,935 ✭✭✭Tazzimus

To be fair.. It kinda is.
    I have no problem with McGregor coming in to back up Artem over the **** Khabib pulled and the subsequent stuff that happened off camera (Artem did bring that on himself though with the comments he made)

However, throwing **** around, breaking windows, injuring fighters etc
    That can't be excused or passed off as acceptable retaliation, that's just being a spa.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,649 ✭✭✭Whelo79

UFC actually showed the incident on this and says stayed tuned for more hahaha

Khabib send me location, I will come Ireland

Khabib looks like a stone cold killer in those last 10 seconds of that video!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 280 ✭✭Max Prophet

Nah too far this time.

Doubtful. He will be back to plumbing in Jobstown when this is over.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

When whats over?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,925 ✭✭✭pudzey101

Judge : do u swear to tell the truth

Mcgregor : beg me

Not a hope. He'll be making more money than before.

Mike Tyson raped someone and it helped his career.

Any comment or condemnation from the president of the Irish MMA Association ?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭MarkY91

sabat wrote: »
    Who paid for them all to go? Whose idea was it? This wasn't fisticuffs outside a pub - this was a group of (really fcking stupid) foreigners entering the USA with the intent and planning to carry out an assault. Like I said, they're all in serious sh1t-for starters it's the last time they'll be allowed enter the country.

As if the scumbags Conor brought to New York could afford to go to the states by themselves anyways.

MarkY91 wrote: »
    As if the scumbags Conor brought to New York could afford to go to the states by themselves anyways.

The plan wasn't to smash the bus up. That just happened. There was a load of media, photos etc planned, open workout, fitness and so on. McGregor brought them all over on a private jet yesterday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,402 ✭✭✭nxbyveromdwjpg

• Advertisement

Any comment or condemnation from the president of the Irish MMA Association ?

toadie mctoadstool is lost for words apparently. poor soul.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,666 ✭✭✭✭Frank Bullitt

Schaub thinks this was planned for a mega fight in Russia with Khabib...this was obviously before 3 fights were pulled and he was in jail.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,193 ✭✭✭Eircom_Sucks

glasso wrote: »
    toadie mctoadstool is lost for words apparently. poor soul.

Is that kavanagh ? Sorry not up to speed on toadie

If not

Has there been any word from john ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,966 ✭✭✭laoch na mona

Why shouldn’t they??

caused he attacked a bus, cut someone and messed up a ppv card, and is making Irish MMA look like a pack of thugs

Is that kavanagh ? Sorry not up to speed on toadie

If not

Has there been any word from john ?

toady / toadie definition

toady. n. "servile parasite," 1826, apparently shortened from toad-eater "fawning flatterer" (1742), originally referring to the assistant of a charlatan, who ate a toad (believed to be poisonous) to enable his master to display his skill in expelling the poison (1620s).

no word from john, no

• Registered Users Posts: 3,131 ✭✭✭dashoonage

glasso wrote: »
    toady / toadie definition

toady. n. "servile parasite," 1826, apparently shortened from toad-eater "fawning flatterer" (1742), originally referring to the assistant of a charlatan, who ate a toad (believed to be poisonous) to enable his master to display his skill in expelling the poison (1620s).

no word from john, no

best. post. ever.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,517 ✭✭✭EagererBeaver

McGregor and Cowley both charged. Cowley will be absolutely loving the notoriety. Biggest splash he'll ever be making on the international MMA stage anyway.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

For anyone landing on the thread today to give their two cents who wasnt on last night you have been warned already.

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=106641379&postcount=1937

• Registered Users Posts: 813 ✭✭✭MattressRick

Not a hope. He'll be making more money than before.

Mike Tyson raped someone and it helped his career.

How did it help his career? You'll have to explain that.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,593 ✭✭✭Wheeliebin30

Was it him actually throwing the barrier?

I know he threw the trolley but seems to me all of the media have reported it wrong.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement