Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Official Conor McGregor thread (part 5) *Read Mod Note in Post 1*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,966 ✭✭✭laoch na mona

McGregor and Cowley both charged. Cowley will be absolutely loving the notoriety. Biggest splash he'll ever be making on the international MMA stage anyway.

injuring fighters outside the octagon is not exactly the best way to get on a promoters radar

but in a wwe esque way it will give him some name recognition

• Registered Users Posts: 4,604 ✭✭✭dave1982

Was it him actually throwing the barrier?

I know he threw the trolley but seems to me all of the media have reported it wrong.

I seen video of security stopping someone throwing the barrier so i don't think the barrier hit bus unless someone threw another one but it was Conor who broke window that caused the injuries

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,593 ✭✭✭Wheeliebin30

dave1982 wrote: »
    I seen video of security stopping someone throwing the barrier so i don't think the barrier hit bus unless someone threw another one but it was Conor who broke window that caused the injuries

No I know, just pics of someone throwing the barrier but the media saying was Conor, it seems he came along behind whoever had the barrier and tried to throw a bin!!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,760 ✭✭✭Effects

A shoe has been deemed a deadly weapon before.

Link to the case? I'd have my suspicions on that one.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,666 ✭✭✭✭Frank Bullitt

Can't imagine he was planning on being the cause of 3 cancelled fights and spending some time in jail.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,191 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

Was it him actually throwing the barrier?

I know he threw the trolley but seems to me all of the media have reported it wrong.

Yeah he threw a barrier too, separate incident.

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

• Registered Users Posts: 3,539 ✭✭✭John_D80

caused he attacked a bus, cut someone and messed up a ppv card, and is making Irish MMA look like a pack of thugs

There was a bit more to the point I made besides the little piece you quoted.

McGregors fanboys continuing to support him, is no more or less rational than the people who hated on him and begrudged him before he ever did anything wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,191 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

Gintonious wrote: »
    Can't imagine he was planning on being the cause of 3 cancelled fights and spending some time in jail.

Isn't I mad how acting like a thug can work out negatively even when you thought it was gonna be such a positive career decision...

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

• Registered Users Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

• Registered Users Posts: 2,966 ✭✭✭laoch na mona

John_D80 wrote: »
    There was a bit more to the point I made besides the little piece you quoted.

McGregors fanboys continuing to support him, is no more or less rational than the people who hated on him and begrudged him before he ever did anything wrong.

seriously? people who were put off by his showmanship and took a dislike to his antics when he was still fighting are the same as fanboys ignoring actual criminal behaviour

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,517 ✭✭✭EagererBeaver

Effects wrote: »
    Link to the case? I'd have my suspicions on that one.

Consider your suspicions allayed. Reading Wikipedia isn't that difficult.

http://masscases.com/cases/app/19/19massappct921.html
    Footwear, such as a shoe, when used to kick, can be a dangerous weapon.

Links to other cases too.

Was Artem involved in the fracas? It's hard to see some of the videos. Certain guys you can tell a mile off (Crowley, Ward etc).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,593 ✭✭✭Wheeliebin30

Was Artem involved in the fracas? It's hard to see some of the videos. Certain guys you can tell a mile off (Crowley, Ward etc).

He was there alright

• Registered Users Posts: 3,925 ✭✭✭pudzey101

He was there with them not sure how involved he got though , hence the reason hes pulled from sat

• Registered Users Posts: 1,390 ✭✭✭Gamb!t

Chiesa vs Pettis - Cancelled
    Borg vs Moreno - Cancelled
    Lobov vs Caceres - Cancelled.

Well done Conor.
    He should be booted out of the UFC if that's the case.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,860 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

How did it help his career? You'll have to explain that.

Tysons last fight before prison against Donovan Ruddock earned him $2m, about $6m after ppvs etc etc. He earned $27m from all of his 8 fights combined pre prison.

His first fight post prison against Peter McNeely (a punchbag) saw him earning $25 million just for that fight. The fight was the most bought PPV of all time.
    Gamb!t wrote: »
    He should be booted out of the UFC if that's the case.

Should be but won't. A Conor vs Khabib fight is now the biggest fight in UFC history.

How many people who aren't fans even knew there was a UFC event on this weekend? Its all promotion. Totally offside and disgraceful mind you but theres no such thing as bad publicity, especially in America and especially in the fight game.

pudzey101 wrote: »
    He was there with them not sure how involved he got though , hence the reason hes pulled from sat
    Yeah, that was my follow up question. If he was throwing **** himself then absolutely should be removed from the card.

But if he was just present but not actually involved in the mayhem then it might be harsh to remove him from the card. Legally I wonder how that works. He could make a case that he was 'assaulted' on Tuesday in full view of UFC staff and no action was taken against that fighter. But he gets pulled for something Conor did.

Again, this assumes he did nothing in the fracas, which I don't know if it's true or not.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,636 Mod ✭✭✭✭mayordenis

I think he was very close to Conor when the hand cart is thrown but it looks a little like he and the other person are trying to stop him.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,153 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Lobov is surely cut now. A guy with a 13-14 record has no business in the UFC anyway.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 2,034 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Mig

Him and his Gym King crew and their moronic behaviour. Hope he loses all sponsors and is sued beyond belief

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,649 ✭✭✭Whelo79

Would anyone be suspicious of Ray Borg's claims to injury? Him and Khabib share the same less then scrupulous manager in Ali Abdelaziz and Borg has a history of missing weight! It might be seen as a prime opportunity to get out of the fight and throw more **** Conor's way.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,376 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

The Mig wrote: »
    Him and his Burger King crew and their moronic behaviour. Hope he loses all sponsors and is sued beyond belief

FYP :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,133 ✭✭✭akelly02

Why shouldn’t they??

The irrational haters were condemning him before he ever even started on the slippery slope he’s on.

If it’s good for the goose......

are you for real?

rob316 wrote: »
    Lobov is surely cut now. A guy with a 13-14 record has no business in the UFC anyway.

ironicallly McGregor finished his career. nice one friend.
    (even tho Lobov himself was there, McG threw the trolley)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,709 ✭✭✭cloudatlas

If your visa is cancelled and licence revoked it's difficult to work! That removes the dilemma for ufc who forgive most things.

rob316 wrote: »
    I think the UFC are reluctant to let Artem go to another organization due to his promotional value and connection to Conor. It's catch 22 where they know he sucks but they don't want someone else to have him.
    Whelo79 wrote: »
    Would anyone be suspicious of Ray Borg's claims to injury? Him and Khabib share the same less then scrupulous manager in Ali Abdelaziz and Borg has a history of missing weight! It might be seen as a prime opportunity to get out of the fight and throw more **** Conor's way.
    Yes, Chisea for sure was in the path of some debris but I am skeptical of Borg's claims. If Ali has put him up to a frivolous lawsuit, it might backfire because Abdelaziz is no angel himself. He has a very shady past and someone with Conor's wealth could surely turn up a lot of dirt and also give the dirt a lot of attention.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

Matt Damon to star as Dana White in a UFC production of “The fall and rise of Conor McGregor”.

Dana to play Dana surely as he’s one hell of an actor!!

seriously? people who were put off by his showmanship and took a dislike to his antics when he was still fighting are the same as fanboys ignoring actual criminal behaviour

In fairness the disdain expressed towards him went a bit beyond general dislike.

He was being accused of criminal behaviors long before he ever did this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

Matt Damon to star as Dana White in a UFC production of “The fall and rise of Conor McGregor”.

Dana to play Dana surely as he’s one hell of an actor!!

• Advertisement

akelly02 wrote: »
    are you for real?

Yes. There is a extremes of opinion on both sides regarding McGregor.

Some people will continue to support him now just like some people vilified him before he ever “fell from grace”.

Everyone has different perspectives.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement