Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Official Conor McGregor thread (part 5) *Read Mod Note in Post 1*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,820 ✭✭✭Doctors room ghost

cloudatlas wrote: »
    If your visa is cancelled and licence revoked it's difficult to work! That removes the dilemma for ufc who forgive most things.

If the mctapper owns property over there they can hardly cancel visas can they?is he resident?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,057 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

It's brewsters millions all over again!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,604 ✭✭✭dave1982

With trumps zero tolernce for outsiders coming to his country... i expect deportion and visa revoked. I hope ufc tie him up in contract dispute also

Borg was wearing glasses yesterday at the press function interviews. making his claims even more dubious.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,683 ✭✭✭Subcomandante Marcos

If the mctapper owns property over there they can hardly cancel visas can they?is he resident?

Of course they can. Why couldn't they? He has a skilled workers visa, it can be revoked.

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 406 ✭✭Pepefrogok

glasso wrote: »
    Borg was wearing glasses yesterday at the press function interviews. making his claims even more dubious.

Safety goggles or Sun glasses?

Yeah. Borg, doctors at the hospital, the UFC and the NY commission are making it up.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,902 ✭✭✭MagicIRL

I'd say Dana is still hard as a rock with the thought of McGregor vs Khabib in Russia.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,666 ✭✭✭✭Frank Bullitt

Why would he lie, do you think?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

Of course they can. Why couldn't they? He has a skilled workers visa, it can be revoked.

Why would they though is the real question. Morality aside, it'll be taken up at State or Federal level and he's too lucrative to ban over throwing a dolly.

• Advertisement

Would he have a visa he can come and go on?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,133 ✭✭✭akelly02

can someone give me a quick summary of all the scumbag things this man has done on the last 3 years?
    i really cant think of them all

TJ Mackie wrote: »
    Subtitled video of the Khabib/Artem incident

jaysus khabib is a scary mofo, Artem sh1t himself.

Lukker- wrote: »
    Why would they though is the real question. Morality aside, it'll be taken up at State or Federal level and he's too lucrative to ban over throwing a dolly.

A state level felony = banned.

He has three charges already and will have more thrown at him when prosecutors get to review the CCTV footage from Barclays center.

They'd revoke his visa because he broke the terms of it.

Yeah. Borg, doctors at the hospital, the UFC and the NY commission are making it up.

would have been very easy to introduce a particle at a later point at a location somewhere that was not the bus.

I would totally be up for jumping on the money bandwagon. it's a no brainer.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,539 ✭✭✭John_D80

He could potentially be barred from entering in future but it’s highly unlikely.

As far as I know he can be convicted on misdemeanor charges and still be allowed come back.

would have been very easy to introduce a particle at a later point at a location somewhere that was not the bus.

You'd risk your eyesight for few quid?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,033 ✭✭✭✭martingriff

Lukker- wrote: »

If he just threw a dolly then yes but he did not just throw a dolly did he? Or ate you saying it's all a set up to get him out

• Registered Users Posts: 9,420 ✭✭✭splinter65

Very elaborate publicity stunt that has somewhat misfired. The amount of mugs who fall for this stuff is astonishing.
    But then WWE have been feeding the same type of people for 40 years, with great success.

akelly02 wrote: »
    can someone give me a quick summary of all the scumbag things this man has done on the last 3 years?
    i really cant think of them all

Google it

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭weldoninhio

You think someone actually placed glass into their eye. That is some unbelievably crazy thinking. Who care's if i'm blind, i'll have some money.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,860 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

jaysus khabib is a scary mofo, Artem sh1t himself.

Not surprised. Hes 25-0 in MMA. The most fights without a loss in the history of the sport.

You'd risk permanent blindness by putting glass in your eye for a few quid? A few quid you were getting anyway for the fight?

Ray Borg is a great fighter. Feel really sorry for him.

If he has the cash money, get himself a good lawyer and he will break a deal with the courts. Although, seems like Dana and UFC aren't quite happy with this at all, not that they would throw him under the bus, but I can imagine the relationship being frosty at the very best now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭The Floyd p

It's actually funny how many fools in here act like they know better than to not believe what the official lines are saying. Perhaps it's a need to not conform to what everyone else is saying.

Ray Borg would want to be an absolute gombeen to put glass in his own eye just to get a shady few quid.
    Ask yourself what's more likely, like come on.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,604 ✭✭✭dave1982

It's actually funny how many fools in here act like they know better than to not believe what the official lines are saying. Perhaps it's a need to not conform to what everyone else is saying.

Ray Borg would want to be an absolute gombeen to put glass in his own eye just to get a shady few quid.
    Ask yourself what's more likely, like come on.
    Claims like they are making are T&Cs if you are on the mcgegor bandwagon

• Registered Users Posts: 2,649 ✭✭✭Whelo79

Indent believe I've seen any reports stating Borg 'has glass in his eye'. Anything I've seen has said that he is having difficulty opening his eye, which is believed to be as a result of glass. That could easily mean a piece of glass hit his eye and bounced back out, causing irritation but also not lodging into or under the eye lid or eyeball.

Although if what he says happened actually happened he was very well able to tweet about McGregor in the moments after the incident without too much trouble.

Edit. His tweet seems to have mysteriously disappeared from his timeline!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,935 ✭✭✭Tazzimus

The Nal wrote: »
    Not surprised. Hes 25-0 in MMA. The most fights without a loss in the history of the sport.

You'd risk permanent blindness by putting glass in your eye for a few quid? A few quid you were getting anyway for the fight?

Ray Borg is a great fighter. Feel really sorry for him.
    It's a fairly padded record to be fair for his first 10 ish fights or more

• Registered Users Posts: 8,952 ✭✭✭duffman13

The more you look at this, it seems bizarre he would do something like this. Possible publicity stunt gone way too far.

Might get his fight in croker of he gets banned from the states now :)

• Registered Users Posts: 19,827 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

Awful waste of talent and a ruining of a legacy IMHO.

I believed McGregor was a decent skin before his own hype, the high life and his groupies brought him to a place where his ego went unchecked.

I take no pleasure out of him getting arrested but it was the right thing to happen.

Like i said - sad, sorry state of affairs.

• Advertisement

duffman13 wrote: »
    The more you look at this, it seems bizarre he would do something like this. Possible publicity stunt gone way too far.

Might get his fight in croker of he gets banned from the states now :)

You must be on the same thing as he was last night!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement