Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Official Conor McGregor thread (part 5) *Read Mod Note in Post 1*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,726 ✭✭✭Inviere

MrStuffins wrote: »
    This is what they do. When fans cause trouble or players cause trouble, the team gets punished.

it wasn't just Conor from that team there last night either.

This isn’t football though, the notion that anyone not there from SBG should be punished is nonsense.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,517 ✭✭✭EagererBeaver

Was renowned tough man the Gym King there? I saw Fogarty was.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,960 ✭✭✭Autecher

The lad in the white top on the videos is Charlie Ward. They have a similar haircut but that's about all they have in common.
    Haha! Even a dumbass like me wouldn't get those two confused. There is another guy in a white top there with similar frame to Owen, he could be in New York to be in Artem's corner or he could also be in Hungary with John. Either way hopefully he wasn't involved with it at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,048 ✭✭✭Bunny Colvin

MrStuffins wrote: »
    This is what they do. When fans cause trouble or players cause trouble, the team gets punished.

it wasn't just Conor from that team there last night either.

But they wouldn't stop the club from playing games, That's what you meant by 'blackball'?

Aye there was a few members of SBG, I used the word players in my analogy!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,152 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Inviere wrote: »
    I thought it was Roddy when I first watched it, but watched again and it’s clearly not him. I don’t know Roddy, but I’d be genuinely shocked to see him involved in anything as bad as this.

Owen Roddy would have far more sense than be involved in this crap. The fella in the white Numero 1 hanger on Charlie Ward.

• Advertisement

I'm not suggesting that Borg put something in his eye.

Based on the circumstances - Abdelaziz being his manager, Ray wearing big glasses, not realizing until hours later, deleting his tweets - I think it's at least possible he just made it up after some thought so he could sue Conor.

If you go to a doctor and say you were near a smashed window and your eye hurts, they have an obligation to take your word for it and they'll diagnose it as a likely scratched retina, even if they can't see any scratch under examination. They just err on the side of caution, it's what they do.

well articulated.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,152 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Oh ya and people wondering will Kavanagh speak out. He's more likely to drop a joke about it at his next seminar. Too busy enjoying the celebrity status afforded to him by Conor.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 280 ✭✭Max Prophet

Is he still in custody? His diet regime will be v messed up.

rob316 wrote: »
    Oh ya and people wondering will Kavanagh speak out. He's more likely to drop a joke about it at his next seminar. Too busy enjoying the celebrity status afforded to him by Conor.

I can't wait for Rogan to grill him with some hard hitting questions when he turns up on the podcast...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,672 ✭✭✭seannash

If you go to a doctor and say you were near a smashed window and your eye hurts, they have an obligation to take your word for it and they'll diagnose it as a likely scratched retina, even if they can't see any scratch under examination. They just err on the side of caution, it's what they do.

I accept that but we also have to accept that the doctor could have seen the damage and diagnosed it correctly based on facts, not from taking the patients word for it.
    It seems that this is a far more likely scenario than what was hypothesized.

Also in going to the doctor he risked the doctor reporting that he did not witness any damage but the patient assured him he was in pain so he diagnosed based on that. If he was going to sue they would need the doctors report.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,820 ✭✭✭Doctors room ghost

Inviere wrote: »
    Indeed. I suspect if that fight were ever to go ahead, the only pulling out Khabib would be doing would be the removal of McGregor’s soul from his body.

Mctapper couldn’t even box old pillow hands may weather and he’s an old man.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,726 ✭✭✭Inviere

Kavanagh is in an awkward position, he’s not going to want to condemn McGregor, someone he’s known and believed in for a long time. It’s obvious to most that John will feel let down, embarrassed, and disappointed in yesterday’s events...but to stand any chance of reigning Conor back in, and getting him back on the rails, he’s going to need to support him, publicly and privately. That’s assuming there is any chance of that. On the other hand, if he doesn’t condemn McGregors actions, he loses credibility.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,683 ✭✭✭Subcomandante Marcos

Was renowned tough man the Gym King there? I saw Fogarty was.

Who?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭Autochange

Mctapper couldn’t even box old pillow hands may weather and he’s an old man.

When are you peeling yourself off the couch for your 100 mill dollar fight?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭Asus X540L

Lobov is surely cut now. A guy with a 13-14 record has no business in the UFC anyway.

Lol nuggets will probably not be cut.
    Remember Dana's stance when someone unbankable like Paul Daley slapped Cockcheckafter the bell?

Absolutely disgusting, never fight in the ufc again blah blah
    McGregor is still in that UFC after attacking a ref, then launching a ****ing steel object through a bus window and injuring a ton of people

• Registered Users Posts: 4,820 ✭✭✭Doctors room ghost

Autochange wrote: »
    When are you peeling yourself off the couch for your 100 mill dollar fight?

100 mill mugging of gullible fools who payed to watch that farce.to call that a fight is an insult to any real fight that has ever taken place in the history of boxing.
    Next up mctapper v pillow hands.live from a nursing home near you

• Registered Users Posts: 3,539 ✭✭✭John_D80

I can't wait for Rogan to grill him with some hard hitting questions when he turns up on the podcast...

I enjoy Joes podcast but he’ll be growing out of Kavanagh’s arse.

Joes world view changes more than the lad living in the space station.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭Autochange

100 mill mugging of gullible fools who payed to watch that farce.to call that a fight is an insult to any real fight that has ever taken place in the history of boxing.

Complete joke of a fight. Not even close to a fight.
    When is your 100 mill shot?
    Any tickets going for fellow boardies

McTapper and Pillow hands.
    A two weight world champion in MMA and a 50-0 boxer

I don't think you are yourself today

• Registered Users Posts: 354 ✭✭MojoRisinnnn

With material like that you'll obviously be watching from the nursing home.

• Advertisement

cliggg wrote: »
    Haha! Even a dumbass like me wouldn't get those two confused. There is another guy in a white top there with similar frame to Owen, he could be in New York to be in Artem's corner or he could also be in Hungary with John. Either way hopefully he wasn't involved with it at all.
    Lee Hammond was there in a white top and black trousers.

Dana will start softening towards Conor over the next 2-3 days. He’ll be making excuses for him by this time next week.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,960 ✭✭✭Autecher

Lee Hammond was there in a white top and black trousers.

Yeah that's the guy I was looking at. Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

The commentary on RTE1 and Newstalk on this is bonkers. It's been mentioned several times that this 'may be a stunt'.

Contributor on the Pat Kenny show earlier said 'Dana White, the UFC owner'.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭Spudman_20000

John_D80 wrote: »
    Dana will start softening towards Conor over the next 2-3 days. He’ll be making excuses for him by this time next week.

Like some have said on here already, all this hand wringing from Dana is just leverage to get Conor to commit to multiple fights, and if he does most of these troubles go away on the UFC side of things at least.

Dana, the guy that treats fighters like dogsh**t. You really think he cares about anything other than losing revenue on this event?

John_D80 wrote: »
    I enjoy Joes podcast but he’ll be growing out of Kavanagh’s arse.

Joes world view changes more than the lad living in the space station.

Ha, I was being sarky! Rogan is an absolute sycophant.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭Asus X540L

Wonder is Conor legitimately brain damaged?

This nonsense only really started after Diaz and Mayweather beat him senseless.

Before that he was a cocky, but humble fighter

good ol Dana. These guys flew over from Ireland and orchestrated this attack on our buses...orchestrated, he makes it sound like they're Al Queda or the likes.

He seems to have a real dislike for McGregor now, hard not to now in fairness and he can't be seen to go easy what with one or maybe two in hospital albeit with cuts etc. If some think it was staged you're mad, what stage production gives troglodytes like the Mob he was with, carte blanche to do that really. Pure fluke it wasn't worse .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 803 ✭✭✭BelovedAunt

Asus X540L wrote: »
    Wonder is Conor legitimately brain damaged?

This nonsense only really started after Diaz and Mayweather beat him senseless.

Before that he was a cocky, but humble fighter

Something like CTO could be a possibility, although a lot of fighters have taken much more head trauma than McGregor.

• Advertisement

Ha, I was being sarky! Rogan is an absolute sycophant.

I know you were!! I’ve read enough of your posts on this forum.

As much as I generally disagree with your opinions I do enjoy your posts and I sort of get your sense of humor and general bitchiness!!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement