Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Official Conor McGregor thread (part 5) *Read Mod Note in Post 1*

Options

Comments

Asus X540L wrote: »
    Wonder is Conor legitimately brain damaged?

This nonsense only really started after Diaz and Mayweather beat him senseless.

Before that he was a cocky, but humble fighter

he always had the potential to be like this. the more money just made him more arrogant, more likely to have a knob-head entourage, "10 mill a fight in the UFC isn't enough for me anymore" etc etc

now he's just killed off any future potential for sponsorship with that thug life trolley-into-window video being out there.

rusty cole wrote: »
    good ol Dana. These guys flew over from Ireland and orchestrated this attack on our buses...orchestrated, he makes it sound like they're Al Queda or the likes.

He seems to have a real dislike for McGregor now, hard not to now in fairness and he can't be seen to go easy what with one or maybe two in hospital albeit with cuts etc. If some think it was staged you're mad, what stage production gives troglodytes like the Mob he was with, carte blanche to do that really. Pure fluke it wasn't worse .

I think he's hammering home the point that it wasn't a kneejerk thing, they had to charter a flight, fly across the atlantic, call ahead to have mates inside open the doors for them.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,517 ✭✭✭EagererBeaver

John_D80 wrote: »
    I know you were!! I’ve read enough of your posts on this forum.

As much as I generally disagree with your opinions I do enjoy your posts and I sort of get your sense of humor and general bitchiness!!

Harsh! I like to think I'm pretty fair and even handed. I just find McGregor gets way too much slack because of "hahaha, isn't he a mad ****, gas stuff altogether" in this forum and that anyone who tries to point out is frequently accused of any of begrudgery, lack of patriotism, lack of "mma education", lack of awareness, lack of realism or any combination of the above.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,057 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

Asus X540L wrote: »
    Wonder is Conor legitimately brain damaged?

This nonsense only really started after Diaz and Mayweather beat him senseless.

Before that he was a cocky, but humble fighter
    Cuh cuh cuh cocaaaaainnnnnnnne

• Registered Users Posts: 12,860 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

I think he's hammering home the point that it wasn't a kneejerk thing, they had to charter a flight, fly across the atlantic, call ahead to have mates inside open the doors for them.

But he took his fitness coach with him :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,966 ✭✭✭laoch na mona

Cuh cuh cuh cocaaaaainnnnnnnne

careful now

• Registered Users Posts: 11,666 ✭✭✭✭Frank Bullitt

• Registered Users Posts: 3,539 ✭✭✭John_D80

Harsh! I like to think I'm pretty fair and even handed. I just find McGregor gets way too much slack because of "hahaha, isn't he a mad ****, gas stuff altogether" in this forum and that anyone who tries to point out is frequently accused of any of begrudgery, lack of patriotism, lack of "mma education", lack of awareness, lack of realism or any combination of the above.

Meant as a compliment I assure you. And delivered as it was because I’m sure you wouldn’t take too much offence.

I would generally agree but conversely it’s frustrating for anyone who tries to god forbid, be in any way supportive of him, to be labeled “nut hugger”, “fanboy”, “dick rider” by some of his more passionate detractors.

It’s two sides of the same coin.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,604 ✭✭✭dave1982

Longest I've ever been worked up is 20 minutes but Mcgregor must have been mad for at least the 6 hour flight from Dublin to the States shouting at the pilot to hurry up.

Owen colgan hardy bucks

• Registered Users Posts: 2,649 ✭✭✭Whelo79

I'm not disputing those reports, none of those reports say glass is stuck in or around his eye as has been implied by several posters here. Glass may have hit his eye and not lodged there as I've stated already.

I could go to hospital now and tell a doctor smashed glass exploded over my head and now I have very irritated and sore eyes as I think glass may have entered my eye.

All I'm saying is Khabib + Ali + Borg + history of weight issues = a chance the issue has been exaggerated for ulterior motives. If Borg has even the mildest of eye damage from the incident he would be set to make significantly more money from a law-suit against McGregor than he was due to make from any fight with Brandon Moreno.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,760 ✭✭✭Effects

Mctapper couldn’t even box old pillow hands may weather and he’s an old man.

Couldn't beat a boxer who's never been beaten?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,649 ✭✭✭Whelo79

seannash wrote: »
    And you aren't presuming this is the issue?

Originally Posted by Whelo79 viewpost.gif
    If I had just been showered in glass and some of it went into my eye the last thing I'd be doing is sending out tweets. He went to hospital 5 hours after the incident. Sounds off to me.

I'm not presuming, I'm saying 'What if?' I don't see how anyone can think there is zero chance of this. Going back to your McGregor look-a-like story, yes there was a chance of that (no matter how slim) but as the real Conor McGregor has handed himself in and been charged I think we can say quite conclusively that scenario did not happen.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭Autochange

J Mysterio wrote: »
    The commentary on RTE1 and Newstalk on this is bonkers. It's been mentioned several times that this 'may be a stunt'.

Contributor on the Pat Kenny show earlier said 'Dana White, the UFC owner'.

Paul McWilliams said this morning Dana White was a she and the other guy presenting said the UFC needs McGregor.
    2 clowns.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 30 ReReginald Perrin

I love how people on this thread are talking about rugby players being role models, so funny

• Registered Users Posts: 27,341 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Autochange wrote: »
    Paul McWilliams said this morning Dana White was a she and the other guy presenting said the UFC needs McGregor.
    2 clowns.

Not surprising from Williams. That gob****e has made a career out of liking the arse off every Dubliner who starts throwing ‘gangster’ shapes.

Won’t be long until he gives McGregor a Batman super-villian nickname.

why does everyone think cocaine turns people into a raging maniac? Clearly you've not done a lot of cocaine if that's what you think.

Funny listening to John McCarthy on Joey Diaz yesterday before it all went down. Was talking about the champion's clause and how if stripped McGregor could piss off.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,198 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

Whelo79 wrote: »
    I'm not presuming, I'm saying 'What if?' I don't see how anyone can think there is zero chance of this. Going back to your McGregor look-a-like story, yes there was a chance of that (no matter how slim) but as the real Conor McGregor has handed himself in and been charged I think we can say quite conclusively that scenario did not happen.

Where do you get your news bro?

why does everyone think cocaine turns people into a raging maniac? Clearly you've not done a lot of cocaine if that's what you think.

true. but does turn assholes into bigger assholes.
    couple that with longer term use effects like paranoia etc....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,961 ✭✭✭markcahill1985

Holloway out of the fight saturday.

So that mean Conor is still the champ?? Gas.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭weldoninhio

Ever hear of drug induced psychosis??

Ever hear of drug induced psychosis??

I haven't, but I'm not proud to say I've done a lot of cocaine over the years, and never once did I get rowdy. If anything it makes me friendlier and relaxed.

I haven't, but I'm not proud to say I've done a lot of cocaine over the years, and never once did I get rowdy. If anything it makes me friendlier and relaxed.

Did you ask people around you not on coke how friendly and personable you were? :P

• Registered Users Posts: 4,820 ✭✭✭Doctors room ghost

Effects wrote: »
    Couldn't beat a boxer who's never been beaten?

Old pillow hands was let pick and choose his fights the whole way through.50 nil.45 of them were nobodys

• Registered Users Posts: 12,860 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

Ariel Helwani

Verified account

@arielhelwani
    56s56 seconds ago

Max Holloway is officially out of tomorrow night’s main event. He will not be weighing in. First reported by @bokamotoESPN.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,150 ✭✭✭kumate_champ07

Conor vs Khabib catchweight, make it happen!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,291 ✭✭✭RoryMac

Holloway out of the fight saturday.

So that mean Conor is still the champ?? Gas.

What a disaster!!

Did you ask people around you not on coke how friendly and personable you were? :P

Maybe we should all get together with a few bags and rake of cans as a social experiment and see if any madness breaks out

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,150 ✭✭✭kumate_champ07

Petis would get destroyed, that would be stupid if they gave him that fight

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,797 ✭✭✭✭hatrickpatrick

Coke is a Dopamine agonist though, right? So it increases motivation and disinhibits people about doing whatever they've been thinking about doing?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement