Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Official Conor McGregor thread (part 5) *Read Mod Note in Post 1*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,860 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

Gintonious wrote: »
    If he planned this, then he is a genius.

The best PR I've ever seen from a fighter. But he didn't mean it to be.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

Mugshot.

DaG7rCgU0AEnEcF.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 4,359 ✭✭✭jon1981

I thought this was WWE like Pantomime but now I'm thinking the NYPD wouldn't take too kindly to being dragged into a PR stunt...surely this is real ?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,884 ✭✭✭Tzardine

That other clown he hangs with was led out in cuffs right after.............

Missed opportunity to shout "Who the F is that guy" when the second lad is walked out

• Registered Users Posts: 1,961 ✭✭✭markcahill1985

jon1981 wrote:
    I thought this was WWE like Pantomime but now I'm thinking the NYPD wouldn't take too kindly to being dragged into a PR stunt...surely this is real ?

Of course it's real

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,150 ✭✭✭kumate_champ07

Tzardine wrote: »
    Missed opportunity to shout "Who the F is that guy" when the second lad is walked out

they're not really the sharpest

Of course it's real

Alot of folk still thinking it's a PR stunt.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,960 ✭✭✭Autecher

Mugshot.
    It would have been funny if he posed like this in it
    mcgregor.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭weldoninhio

jon1981 wrote: »

Do you think Dana is gonna turn up in court and say "Ah it was all a set up, can we all go home now?"

• Registered Users Posts: 6,517 ✭✭✭EagererBeaver

Tzardine wrote: »

That would have been magnificent but I suspect the lads who turned up to shout out McGregor catchphrases are the sort who predict every SBG fighter is a UFC champion in waiting.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,950 ✭✭✭ChikiChiki

That other clown he hangs with was led out in cuffs right after.............

Looked at one point he was going to shout something then thought the better of it. A trip to Blanchardstown courthouse this is not.

Alot of folk still thinking it's a PR stunt.

Dana agreed to let Conor smash up a bus, injure people and break one of his officials hands?

Behave.

Its 100% not a PR stunt. Conor had other people with him on the plane for the other things he had planned this week.
    That would have been magnificent but I suspect the lads who turned up to shout out McGregor catchphrases are the sort who predict every SBG fighter is a UFC champion in waiting.

Just American fans. They worship him.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭Asus X540L

That's Cowley. He looks like an absolute scrote in the video.

Cowley looks like he's about to ask the cops for a fiver for a hostel

The Nal wrote: »
    Dana agreed to let Conor smash up a bus, injure people and break one of his officials hands?

Behave.

Its 100% not a PR stunt. Conor had other people with him on the plane for the other things he had planned this week.

Would these lads have even gone through the preclearance stuff we have to go through when travelling? No idea what the private jet world is like.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭flas

Doesn't cian Cowley have a young kid as well? What the hell are they at!?

It all used to come across so much better when it was the likes of roddy, john kavanagh, paddy hoolahan, pendred, ash the bash, artem, just these lads is all you would see on the video blogs of conor,with cian cowley and gunni as well always there, seems the big change came when started seeing that charlie ward lad and gerry thingy always hanging off everything that happened in the video,and the two brothers from crumlin,absolute scrotes...they seemed to have dragged him down to that level around fight time now, which no doubt he did himself anyway when wasnt in competition but now its all the time, its not really entertaining anymore

Would these lads have even gone through the preclearance stuff we have to go through when travelling?

Course yeah.
    flas wrote: »
    its not really entertaining anymore

Disagree. They should've PPV'd the last 24 hours as opposed to the fights. Would've drawn more money.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,565 ✭✭✭K.Flyer

ChikiChiki wrote: »
    Looked at one point he was going to shout something then thought the better of it. A trip to Blanchardstown courthouse this is not.

I would think his legal team have Told him to keep his mouth firmly shut and to make no comments until advised to do so.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,517 ✭✭✭EagererBeaver

flas wrote: »
    Doesn't cian Cowley have a young kid as well? What the hell are they at!?

He does.

He doesn't have 100m in the bank though. Absolute eejit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,683 ✭✭✭Subcomandante Marcos

Would these lads have even gone through the preclearance stuff we have to go through when travelling? No idea what the private jet world is like.

No, they probably would have taken off from Weston or the private terminal at Dublin airport, they'd have done customs when they landed in the US in a small private airfield. They'd just be on visa weavers like normal tourists but it's a much quicker process.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,253 ✭✭✭Stonedpilot

If this lad killed he would still have those that adore him. Throwing the trolley at the bus was dangerous and cowardly. He will get roasted with a payout but a couple of million will make it all go away (which he has).

Different story for the other broke guy with him but I suspect Conor pay him out.

2 total skangers though, all that money UFC have made for him and he phucks up UFC 223, he is an ungrateful shyt.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,925 ✭✭✭pudzey101

:pac:

Bye Bye to Artem and his UFC career (was gone anyway) and to any of the other clowns involved that may have had a sniff at a UFC fight.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,604 ✭✭✭dave1982

If this lad killed he would still have those that adore him. Throwing the trolley at the bus was dangerous and cowardly. He will get roasted with a payout but a couple of million will make it all go away (which he has).

Different story for the other broke guy with him but I suspect Conor pay him out.

2 total skangers though, all that money UFC have made for him and he phucks up UFC 223, he is an ungrateful shyt.

lawyers only go after the money, not the people with no money.

glasso wrote: »
    lawyers only go after the money, not the people with no money.

Prosecutors go after people with money.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

No, they probably would have taken off from Weston or the private terminal at Dublin airport, they'd have done customs when they landed in the US in a small private airfield. They'd just be on visa weavers like normal tourists but it's a much quicker process.

McGregor would be on a P1 visa though, which he may lose if the US decide to revoke it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Axwell wrote: »
    McGregor would be on a P1 visa though, which he may lose if the US decide to revoke it.

Oh yeah he'd be different, the rest of them would have just been on 90 day waivers and filled out the little slips on their way through the airport after landing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,148 ✭✭✭✭Foxtrol

I remember posting a few years ago that eventually he would go too far and cross a line that wasn’t as easy to come back from. All he needed was to throw something against the side of the bus rather than the window and he’d have ‘gotten one over’ on Khabib in their idiotic ‘who’s a bigger gangster’ contest and enough extra hype to make any fight the biggest in UFC history.

The increased money he’ll get from an eventual fight will still easily pay for any lawsuits that spring up with money left over, but the likely loss of sponsors will be a bigger impact before even going into the criminal consequences.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement