Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Official Conor McGregor thread (part 5) *Read Mod Note in Post 1*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,359 ✭✭✭jon1981

Foxtrol wrote: »
    The increased money he’ll get from an eventual fight will still easily pay for any lawsuits that spring up with money left over

You still think that's an option for the future?? I hope he has access to good coaches in prison :pac::pac:

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

• Registered Users Posts: 6,374 ✭✭✭xtal191

Ariel is loving all this nonsense

xtal191 wrote: »
    Ariel is loving all this nonsense

So am I.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,666 ✭✭✭✭Frank Bullitt

If one man is loving this, its Ariel. Not loving to see McGregor in the depths, just the coverage he gets to do.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,148 ✭✭✭✭Foxtrol

jon1981 wrote: »
    You still think that's an option for the future?? I hope he has access to good coaches in prison :pac::pac:

Definitely an option.

Surprised if he does much time, if any.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,597 ✭✭✭Richard tea

My opinion on the ''staged'' aspect. This looked like a set up from the get go. Dana was asked if Conor would attend the UFC223 event and he replied he wasnt sure but he would like him to. There is no way Dana and Conor dont chat before these events and sus out comings and goings.

Nobody flies 30 mates on a private jet to NY without those in the game getting word. And no way does 30 lads stroll into the media stadium and get to a bus without any assistance from ufc officals/security.

Its a little convenient that khabib was safely on a bus and leaving just as ''The BOYS' turned up. Imagine if Conor and the lads bumped into Khabib in a hallway or similar. No security would have stopped 30 lads causing mayhem and seriously injuring many.

Now this is where things went wrong in the staged/set up. No way could Dana/UFC expect Conor or anyone to put windows through on the bus. This was way over the top and Fuked things up. A pack mentality took over and thats that. I would imagine Dana/UFC would have expected some banging on the bus with fists and a bit of shouting etc etc.

When the dust settles Conor will be fighting in the UFC again. Dana can say how disgusted he is with Conor all he wants but that cash cow aint going anywhere.

He won't be able to train with Kavanagh so maybe he'll finally learn some jiujitsu

• Registered Users Posts: 19,664 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

I dunno who is dumber- McGregor for throwing the trolley at the bus or posters on here thinking it was all staged

• Registered Users Posts: 12,860 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

Anyone who thinks this was staged, you should buy one of these.

Screen-Shot-2017-01-11-at-8.06.25-PM.png?resize=481%2C369&ssl=1
    Muahahaha wrote: »
    I dunno who is dumber- McGregor for throwing the trolley at the bus or posters on here thinking it was all staged

No question about it, its the people who think this is staged.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

“I am laughing inside,” Nurmagomedov said. “You broke window? Why? Come inside. You know UFC don’t let you come inside. If you real gangster why don’t you come inside?

“This is big history gangster place. Brooklyn. You want to talk to me? Send me location. We have to talk? I am gonna come, no problem.

I grew up like this. I don’t grow up throwing chairs at window. This is not my bus.

:D

My opinion on the ''staged'' aspect. This looked like a set up from the get go. Dana was asked if Conor would attend the UFC223 event and he replied he wasnt sure but he would like him to. There is no way Dana and Conor dont chat before these events and sus out comings and goings.

Nobody flies 30 mates on a private jet to NY without those in the game getting word. And no way does 30 lads stroll into the media stadium and get to a bus without any assistance from ufc officals/security.

Its a little convenient that khabib was safely on a bus and leaving just as ''The BOYS' turned up. Imagine if Conor and the lads bumped into Khabib in a hallway or similar. No security would have stopped 30 lads causing mayhem and seriously injuring many.

Now this is where things went wrong in the staged/set up. No way could Dana/UFC expect Conor or anyone to put windows through on the bus. This was way over the top and Fuked things up. A pack mentality took over and thats that. I would imagine Dana/UFC would have expected some banging on the bus with fists and a bit of shouting etc etc.

When the dust settles Conor will be fighting in the UFC again. Dana can say how disgusted he is with Conor all he wants but that cash cow aint going anywhere.

hmmm plausible... you would expect more security around the prized cows before the fight...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,597 ✭✭✭Richard tea

The Nal wrote: »
    Anyone who thinks this was staged, you should buy one of these.

Screen-Shot-2017-01-11-at-8.06.25-PM.png?resize=481%2C369&ssl=1

No question about it, its the people who think this is staged.

Its an opinion. Just like your own. Can you prove its not staged? Are you part of Dana's close team?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,349 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

The lad in the white top on the videos is Charlie Ward. They have a similar haircut but that's about all they have in common.

Good thing he didn't try throwing any bins, he'd likely have KO'd himself.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,193 ✭✭✭Eircom_Sucks

hmmm plausible... you would expect more security around the prized cows before the fight...

Fact white stated the maclife guys let them in , where was the security to stop this ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,960 ✭✭✭Autecher

According to this Conor is actually 155 right now! Make it happen Dana! It also says no drug use on it though...
    DaHHeioW4AAupfz.jpg

Its an opinion. Just like your own. Can you prove its not staged? Are you part of Dana's close team?

Its a daft opinion which I'm not interested in entertaining. Same for the "hes on coke" rubbish. He wasn't.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭Fromvert

There was one MMA media guy (can't remember his name) saying there was at least two UFC PR staff with McGregor in the Barclay's lobby and got on the elevator with him.

Now they could of easily been notified he was there, found him and were told to stay with him and relay what him and his group where doing/going and not actually helping him find Khabib.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,599 Mod ✭✭✭✭aloooof

Surely the burden of proof is on those claiming it is staged.

aloooof wrote: »
    Surely the burden of proof is on those claiming it is staged.

Course it is. But nutters don't think like that. They come up with a bananas theory and then ask others to disprove it! Hilarious really.

So he wasn't on coke then, according the cops.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,935 ✭✭✭Tazzimus

He won't be able to train with Kavanagh so maybe he'll finally learn some jiujitsu
    Yes, cos he knows none clearly..

• Registered Users Posts: 11,148 ✭✭✭✭Foxtrol

Fact white stated the maclife guys let them in , where was the security to stop this ?

The lack of sufficient security could be an issue if someone decides they want to try to get some money out of the UFC and (possibly even the Barclay's Center) too. In the interview this morning Dana was already making excuses for that fact. I doubt anyone goes though for fear of being in the UFCs bad books for themselves and their teams.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

• Registered Users Posts: 3,539 ✭✭✭John_D80

Can you prove its not staged?

That is literally the standard go-to response of all conspiracy theorists.

Can you prove aliens AREN’T watching us??
    Can you prove Elvis DIDN’T shoot JFK?

Etc etc etc ......

• Registered Users Posts: 6,517 ✭✭✭EagererBeaver

"Prove a negative" is the last refuge of the internet moron.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,987 ✭✭✭JohnMc1

ChikiChiki wrote: »
    Looked at one point he was going to shout something then thought the better of it. A trip to Blanchardstown courthouse this is not.

Have fun in Ryker's Conor. Don't drop the soap in the showers.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

• Registered Users Posts: 5,442 ✭✭✭LollipopJimmy

LOL... Weight 155. I assume they just asked him what weight rather than actually weigh him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,987 ✭✭✭JohnMc1

ricero wrote: »

Does Conor have any respectable friends? They all look like they have experience standing in a police lineup and a mugshot.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,517 ✭✭✭EagererBeaver

I wonder would they split him and Cowley up. I'd imagine Cowley's pants are stained with brown at this stage. The two of them will find it very quickly that being a gangster is a world apart from playing at being a gangster.

Has there been any word on the rest of them - Ward, Hammond etc?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement