Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Official Conor McGregor thread (part 5) *Read Mod Note in Post 1*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 802 ✭✭✭MarkJD

Pettis is off as well i believe. The NY Athletic commission stepped in and set he was not fit / capable of doing 5 rounds. Pretty sure I had read that?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,777 ✭✭✭lertsnim

The NYPD must be in on it to. As well as NASA.

You can't believe anything NASA say. They claim the earth isn't flat.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

Pettis weighted in .2 over then had 2 hours to lose the weight. Went back stage to discuss terms and they wouldnt give him the money so he said no thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,374 ✭✭✭xtal191

Dana is just the face of the UFC, he's told what to do, doubt he has much control at all

• Registered Users Posts: 21,057 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

flas wrote: »
    See the Sheridan guy on rte news saying that artem had to leave his hotel room and change hotels due to threats being issued to.him in his room

Well he shouldnt call people pussies and then cry when they stroke his face

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,995 ✭✭✭Sofiztikated

Swiped from Reddit

Regarding Hawaii legalising assisted suicide

“What makes you a candidate for assisted suicide?”

“I’m a UFC fan.”

“LETS GET THIS MAN SOME ****ING DEATH RIGHT NOW!”

• Registered Users Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

DrPhilG wrote: »
    Bit old isn't he?

;)

Doh!

:p

You'd have to be a moron to think the attack was staged. McGregor was furious becuae of ehat happened with Khabib and Artem, he wanted to smash up Khabib's face, it's as simple as that.

And that makes him an idiot

I wonder would they split him and Cowley up. I'd imagine Cowley's pants are stained with brown at this stage. The two of them will find it very quickly that being a gangster is a world apart from playing at being a gangster.

Has there been any word on the rest of them - Ward, Hammond etc?

Has cowley any cash? :)

It was staged. Stupid rubbish to try hype up the mma.

You're so intelligent

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭miocicmma

Axwell wrote: »
    Hasnt been decided yet. Pettis asked for a big payday, UFC countered lower he said no thanks. Paul Felder stepped in and the NYAC said he was ranked too low and wasnt allowed fight. Al Iquinta had weighed in at 155.2 earlier in the day but thats not championship weight, NYAC wouldnt let him weigh in a second time. So at the minute its not decided and all the media guys just began to pack up and leave.

what a mess. Do you think it's likely they give Pettis what he wants or they just call off the main event altogether?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

miocicmma wrote: »
    what a mess. Do you think it's likely they give Pettis what he wants or they just call off the main event altogether?

Wouldnt be surprised to hear it gets pulled and they promote rose and joanna to main event at this stage. Khabib is being messed around something ridiculous and the NYAC are giving Dana a migraine.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,753 ✭✭✭SteM

Why do people keep on going on about a ppv in Russia? Why would the ufc do it there with all of the complications that come with it when they will get a huge gate in Vegas for a potential fight and will be able have it on at a normal ppv time?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,860 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

Ah I see where you are confused on the whole staged thing.

It doesnt take for Dana to tell Conor to carry out A,B or C actions. They just need a whataboutry type conversation.

Do you honestly believe Dana didnt know Conor was heading over?

Dana knew Conor was coming over. Was told the day before. So what?

My opinion on the ''staged'' aspect. This looked like a set up from the get go. Dana was asked if Conor would attend the UFC223 event and he replied he wasnt sure but he would like him to. There is no way Dana and Conor dont chat before these events and sus out comings and goings.

Nobody flies 30 mates on a private jet to NY without those in the game getting word. And no way does 30 lads stroll into the media stadium and get to a bus without any assistance from ufc officals/security.

Its a little convenient that khabib was safely on a bus and leaving just as ''The BOYS' turned up. Imagine if Conor and the lads bumped into Khabib in a hallway or similar. No security would have stopped 30 lads causing mayhem and seriously injuring many.

Now this is where things went wrong in the staged/set up. No way could Dana/UFC expect Conor or anyone to put windows through on the bus. This was way over the top and Fuked things up. A pack mentality took over and thats that. I would imagine Dana/UFC would have expected some banging on the bus with fists and a bit of shouting etc etc.

When the dust settles Conor will be fighting in the UFC again. Dana can say how disgusted he is with Conor all he wants but that cash cow aint going anywhere.

Have you actually read what happened? Carry on writing it yourself if that's what you prefer

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,683 ✭✭✭Subcomandante Marcos

Has cowley any cash? :)

He's a part time kids striking coach who draws the dole. I doubt he has a whole lot.

Couldnt agree more. And it worked.

Nah, man, I don't think it was staged.... just think they'll capitalise on it is all, after token banning him for six months or something, maybe a year.

If it was staged Dana wouldn't be blaming MacLife on letting them in as he would know they would just say 'Sure, Dana told us to let him in'.

I'd say Dana knew they were coming over alright and perhaps was preparing for a showdown after the fight maybe, as Khabib left the octagon, but not a chance would he have known anything like this was planned.

Damn pity they didn't rock up 10 minutes earlier, just as they were walking towards the bus. That would have been interesting for sure. Most likely would have been broken up but then the security didn't seem up too much and so a brawl of some sort would have been on the cards. Would have been sweet to see some of McGregor's crew get a few slaps.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,853 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

SteM wrote: »
    Why do people keep on going on about a ppv in Russia? Why would the ufc do it there with all of the complications that come with it when they will get a huge gate in Vegas for a potential fight and will be able have it on at a normal ppv time?
    Because he will most likely have trouble getting a US visa henceforth, I would have thought.

He'll get one to appear at future court dates no bother but to work, with an assault conviction? I'd say there'll be issues there for him.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,359 ✭✭✭jon1981

How did the rest of the ball bags get home? Wonder if they were left to figure it out for themselves.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭Asus X540L

jon1981 wrote: »
    How did the rest of the ball bags get home? Wonder if they were left to figure it out for themselves.

Surprised those gimps got in.
    I'd imagine they all have records as long as my leg.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,191 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

He's a part time kids striking coach who draws the dole. I doubt he has a whole lot.

Runs a Thai boxing gym in Dublin doesn't he? Nearly sure I've come across him at Muay Thai events. Warriors gym or something

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

Daily Mail said he's from Dalkey.

I'm presuming that's a current abode (they must have got from his custody sheet) rather than where he grew up?

He's a part time kids striking coach

What a role model

• Registered Users Posts: 4,820 ✭✭✭Doctors room ghost

jon1981 wrote: »

They probably hadn’t the price of the flight home between them after the gimp ring leader handed himself in and bringing the wallet with him.
    Ah yes another proud day for mctapper and the boys

I for one am extremely grateful to all the experts that appeared over night

there was a guy on today FM saying that last year the gates dropped over 45% and also the PPV's were back to 2014 levels...that looks to me like Mcgregor has a whopper load of clout...it's no coincidence 2014 was the real start of his rise to fame/notoriety..maybe the UFC does need a huge shot in the arm. I;ve watched all of the main events since shogun fought griffin and I have to say, it's lost appeal, that whole fecking reebok thing fecked a load of ot if up. but if indeed buys were down because he hasn't fought in close to two years, there may be a case to make for him walking through this, crazy but there ya go.

I for one am extremely grateful to all the experts that appeared over night

It's not hard to be an expert in law abiding and non thuggish behaviour.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,683 ✭✭✭Subcomandante Marcos

Runs a Thai boxing gym in Dublin doesn't he? Nearly sure I've come across him at Muay Thai events. Warriors gym or something

Part time.

• Advertisement

Conor is so good at being in handcuffs..

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement