Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Official Conor McGregor thread (part 5) *Read Mod Note in Post 1*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,952 ✭✭✭kravmaga

What is McGregor looking at in June a hefty fine? Small jail sentence? Ban from working and travelling to USA or what we talking here anyone know?

Well he has made an absolute fool of himself, he supposed to be a doting father and settled in a relationship with a lovely girl, what he fcuk is he doing acting like this and caught on CCTV causing the criminal damage, US cops especially NYPD have a no nonsense approach dealing with misdemeanours unlike Garda or District court in Ireland whereby he would probably get the probation act and a cash donation to a poor box.

Id say he could be facing a custodial sentence or a hefty fine upon conviction, criminal conviction will deffo work against him in US.

He seems to be going down the wrong road on a downward spiral, speeding fine case in Blanch district court with poor attitude and disrespect to the presiding Judge and parking his BMW with doors open outside the court and wearing a tracksuit in court.

I hope he gets his head sorted especially for his partner and his son. What a idiot

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭weldoninhio

From the video, looked as if they did about as well as could be expected. No crusader judge looking for a bit of limelight or anything. Both of them shut up and let the lawyers talk. The judge originally proposed June 7th for the hearing but Cowley pointed something out to to his lawyer about some competition he must have and they requested June 14th, which the judge agreed to. The felony charge against Cowley resulted from a claim that a chair he threw shattered the front window of the bus. His lawyer put on record that video doesn't support that and the lack of shatter would vacate the felony charge, presumably as he wouldn't be directly responsible for anyone's injuries. All very anticlimactic!

They also said McGregor threw a chair. Surprised they didn’t correct themselves.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,394 ✭✭✭Pac1Man

JohnMc1 wrote: »
    They'll have to. The fighters that were injured in this can just as easily sue the UFC for not providing a safe work environment.

UFC promoting health and safety in the workplace.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,748 ✭✭✭degsie

Never knew that so many lawyers/barristers followed this thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,517 ✭✭✭EagererBeaver

They also said McGregor threw a chair. Surprised they didn’t correct themselves.

Just an arraignment hearing. Whether it was a chair/"dolly" is a minor concern. From Cowley's perspective though, removing the felony is definitely desirable and you want it on record asap.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,057 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

Not to be within 50 metres of a bus. Not to make contact with any bus drivers. Stay off the Bus Eireann website, and don't f**king dream of entering Busaras

Off to Mountjoy if he doesn't have the exact fare in dublin

• Registered Users Posts: 3,925 ✭✭✭pudzey101

Jeez this thread has been more busy in the last 24 hours than it has in any of his last 3 fights :D

• Registered Users Posts: 19,664 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

0ph0rce0 wrote: »
    No chance he gets locked up, he won't loose access to the states. No previous, he'll apologise, pay a fine and that'll be the end of it.

Yeah I reckon that will be about the size of it. The American justice system does indeed have an iron fist. But before the iron fist they do tend to give first offenders a second chance.

He will be okay to get back into the US but will also be a marked man.

I think the bigger story here is the UFC and New York itself. It would be interesting to know the terms of the UFC licence to run MMA events in New York state. If it is due for renewal soon it is no wonder Dana is furious with McG- the UFC put massive time and effort into getting MMA legalised in NY. If McGregors actions have jeopardised their ability to run UFC events in a city of 8 million people then there will be hell to pay.

People are talking about lawsuits from other fighters who might have been on $30k-ish to fight. That is small chips compared to the damage McGregor has done to the UFC brand. Lets not forget that the the UFC were recently valued at $4 billion.Right now a lawsuit of UFC V McGregor could easily be worth several tens of millions.

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭CM24

Since McGregor is in the U.S and since he can't go to the arena, he may aswell catch a short flight down to Wrestlemania in New Orleans. They'd be delighted to have him make an appearance.

They even have a popular Russian wrestler called Rusev. McGregor could clock him, then cut a promo declaring war on Russia.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,331 ✭✭✭AMGer

0ph0rce0 wrote: »
    No chance he gets locked up, he won't loose access to the states. No previous, he'll apologise, pay a fine and that'll be the end of it.

I’d agree if he was getting tried in Blanchardstown District Court again. Different kettle of fish in the US.
    Hopefully they make an example of him. He’s an embarrassment to this country.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 30 ReReginald Perrin

I really hope he sorts himself out after all this. He hasn't been likeable in a long time. Maybe this will snap him out of it.

I really hope he sorts himself out after all this. He hasn't been likeable in a long time. Maybe this will snap him out of it.

a feral scrote just doesn't simply snap out of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,565 ✭✭✭K.Flyer

• Registered Users Posts: 1,789 ✭✭✭PowerToWait

"Up the ****en ra" at the end. Or am I hearing things?

Suprised he wasnt in the tracksuit saying come and get me ,

Heard that a few times startin at 32 seconds wtf

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,083 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

pudzey101 wrote: »
    Suprised he wasnt in the tracksuit saying come and get me ,

His lawyer probably told him he needs to shut the fúck up if he wants to maximise his chances of getting off.

Half waiting for P.O Neill to release a statement dissociating himself from McGregor..

Three clear up the Ra shouts in what sounded like northern accents.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,150 ✭✭✭kumate_champ07

ha ye i heard that too!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,169 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatFromHue

yeah don't think it was him saying up the 'ra

• Registered Users Posts: 4,213 ✭✭✭PrettyBoy

It was clearly someone in the crowd taking the piss shouting "Up the ra", fucking hell lads.. :rolleyes:

I don't think anyone was suggesting it was McGregor shouting it...

• Registered Users Posts: 14,191 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

pudzey101 wrote: »
    Heard that a few times startin at 32 seconds wtf

Are you really surprised at the type of people who would go cheer him on in that scenario?

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

• Registered Users Posts: 7,096 ✭✭✭Jeff2

CatFromHue wrote: »
    yeah don't think it was him saying up the 'ra

Well he was saying nothing as his legal team would have told him.

But more stupid if he said that.

Are you really surprised at the type of people who would go cheer him on in that scenario?

Not really , abit surprised at exactly how many brain cells alot of his followers have though

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,231 ✭✭✭Jim Bob Scratcher

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

Heard it too, though if you go to parts on NY (Maspeth, Queens for example) you'll find a lot of people who had to leave places like South Armagh in a serious hurry if you catch my drift so it wasn't necessarily anyone he knew. If you skip to exactly 0:30 on the video a few posts up, at least two gobsh*tes were shouting it.

McGregor made some fool of himself here though and the fallout could be worse, he got insane money on the Mayweather fight but the downward spiral outside of the octagon/ring over the last 18 months or so has been quite worrying. He needs to clear his nose up and look at who he's got around him, but I wouldn't be holding my breath.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 EdwardC

The Nal wrote: »
    Is mctapper travelling to nyc to watch his boy get a beat down ?

He is yeah. Would love to see another Bellator incident!
    Well, your wish came true

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

Lol, Artem, 'what have I done?'

F8LFMJh.jpg
    UMAovFH.jpg
    JDP6LoL.jpg
    Mh75TBr.jpg
    S3pLH26.jpg

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement