Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Official Conor McGregor thread (part 5) *Read Mod Note in Post 1*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

• Registered Users Posts: 1,689 ✭✭✭bur

JohnMc1 wrote: »
    They'll have to. The fighters that were injured in this can just as easily sue the UFC for not providing a safe work environment.

that would be career suicide.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,925 ✭✭✭pudzey101

Paulie still lookin for the big money fight , hes like a crazy ex girlfriend

• Registered Users Posts: 9,760 ✭✭✭Effects

pudzey101 wrote: »
    Paulie still lookin for the big money fight , hes like a crazy ex girlfriend

I don’t even bother watching his videos. The state of him. Let it go.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,853 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

As crazy as the attack was, his escape was hilarious, with the woo hoo, it was like a villain escaping from batman in the 60's TV show.

https://twitter.com/TheGR8Dylan/status/982423788817174529?s=19

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,359 ✭✭✭jon1981

Cowley is the bigger loser here. McGregor can f**k off on his yacht for a few week's while his mgmt team figure out how to rebuild and make money out of this situation. Cowley goes back drawing the dole after being shunned by the local parents of the kids he coached. Nowhere for him to hide.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 776 ✭✭✭Fall_Guy

Let me preface this post with the obligitary condemnation of McGregors latest bout of utter stupidity.....

....but on Chiesa, do we have any more pictures or reports on the severity of his cuts? I mean is it just that tiny cut on his forehead we are talking about? If so, the UFC are clearly doing their bit to ham the whole thing up.

The sad fact is that they absolutely love all this crap from mcgregor until it goes that bit too far....he's been reckless in the past, and but for blind luck could have cut people every bit as badly as chiesa appears to have been cut when he launched full cans at a crowded room at a press conference....

Mcgregor has clearly lost his ****, but he has been positively reinforced for his bad behaviour constantly, and may well still be for this in the long run....the ufc will decide to keep him around as long as it makes business sense and then discard him when it doesn't....they probably won't be that bothered by the fact that mcgregor will have one foot in the loony bin at that stage.

I'm sure many will say I'm an eejit for having any sympathy for a multimillionaire who self-destructs, but, well....I do

• Registered Users Posts: 6,517 ✭✭✭EagererBeaver

How are they doing they're best to ham anything up? He was cut badly enough to have a good bit of blood coming from his forehead two days before a fight. In a fight, that would reopen and worsen in seconds. No way he could or would be allowed to compete.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 776 ✭✭✭Fall_Guy

How are they doing they're best to ham anything up? He was cut badly enough to have a good bit of blood coming from his forehead two days before a fight. In a fight, that would reopen and worsen in seconds. No way he could or would be allowed to compete.

I couldn't tell from the video if that was the case regarding the cut....I've had quite a few glass cuts and the tiniest cut can bleed a LOT! It was also reported by Ariel that the reason he was out of the fight was cuts "and his weight cut was thrown off". That added point seems unnecessary if cut was as severe as you say.

In relation to Chiesa I personally think if it was a paper cut he has the right to try and take mcgregor to the cleaners due to the reckless and violent ****e from mcgregor, but I think the amount of coverage the event got on the embedded alone shows that the UFC are looking to benefit once again from mcgregor behaving in a way that they outwardly condemn but consistently reward. It's a winning formula for them financially, and a one way ticket to mental breakdown for McGregor.

And no, I am not for one minute trying to excuse mcgregors behaviour or blame others for his horrible actions.

Just trying to add some nuance to the 'mcgregor is a scumbag' versus 'mcgregor is a vigilante hero' argument that seems to be repeated every time he does something ridiculously stupid.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,091 ✭✭✭backspin.

Plus it will help in his case against McGregor when he sues him.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,232 ✭✭✭threeball

It's amazing that the ufc have fighters that were raised in trailer parks and from abusive backgrounds in the US, guys who grew up in favelas in Brazil literally eeking out a living, people from countries that are war torn or where violence is as much a part of daily life as waking up and yet the biggest scrote in the entire organisation comes from.... Crumlin.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,789 ✭✭✭PowerToWait

threeball wrote: »
    It's amazing that the ufc have fighters that were raised in trailer parks and from abusive backgrounds in the US, guys who grew up in favelas in Brazil literally eeking out a living, people from countries that are war torn or where violence is as much a part of daily life as waking up and yet the biggest scrote in the entire organisation comes from.... Crumlin.

Nice post. Those other guys probably have heard of humility, respect and being thankful. Also I'd say they genuinely struggled coming up, no welfare state to bail them out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭weldoninhio

jon1981 wrote: »
    Cowley is the bigger loser here. McGregor can f**k off on his yacht for a few week's while his mgmt team figure out how to rebuild and make money out of this situation. Cowley goes back drawing the dole after being shunned by the local parents of the kids he coached. Nowhere for him to hide.

To paraphrase someone more famous than me, so he’s throwing gang signs with one hand and making balloon animals with the other??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭weldoninhio

Fall_Guy wrote: »
    Let me preface this post with the obligitary condemnation of McGregors latest bout of utter stupidity.....

....but on Chiesa, do we have any more pictures or reports on the severity of his cuts? I mean is it just that tiny cut on his forehead we are talking about? If so, the UFC are clearly doing their bit to ham the whole thing up.

The sad fact is that they absolutely love all this crap from mcgregor until it goes that bit too far....he's been reckless in the past, and but for blind luck could have cut people every bit as badly as chiesa appears to have been cut when he launched full cans at a crowded room at a press conference....

Mcgregor has clearly lost his ****, but he has been positively reinforced for his bad behaviour constantly, and may well still be for this in the long run....the ufc will decide to keep him around as long as it makes business sense and then discard him when it doesn't....they probably won't be that bothered by the fact that mcgregor will have one foot in the loony bin at that stage.

I'm sure many will say I'm an eejit for having any sympathy for a multimillionaire who self-destructs, but, well....I do

The guy in court said there were pictures of Chiesa, Borg and the security guards injuries. Doubt any will come to light before the court case. Wouldn’t imagine evidence would be allowed be released beforehand?

The guy in court said there were pictures of Chiesa, Borg and the security guards injuries. Doubt any will come to light before the court case. Wouldn’t imagine evidence would be allowed be released beforehand?

How much will they get each I wonder?
    When you take into account that sponsorship is now effectively gone for McGregor and the fact that he's in a weaker position with the UFC and any other prospective employers this was financially a cluster-fcuk.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,517 ✭✭✭EagererBeaver

Hard to tell in the US system with the whole concept of punitive damages. Could be little, could be several million altogether.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,995 ✭✭✭Sofiztikated

I will say that, rightly or wrongly, he's definitely Notorious.

I will say that, rightly or wrongly, he's definitely Notorious.

Scrotally out of order tho.

Will the whisky be still coming out now....?
    I'm sure that the makers probably aren't too keen on the latest brand developments.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

jon1981 wrote: »
    Unless he's an absolutely phenomenal fighter, this is probably the end of his meaningful career - and I'm absolutely fine with that. What's the craic with Chiesa and payment for the fight now that he can't compete? If he's lost out there, he's definitely the biggest loser for me given his crime was happening to be in the wrong seat on the bus. If that is the case, hopefully someone who can afford to decides goes out of pocket for him or the judge orders damages amounting to what he would have got for the fight if he had won and got all the additional incentives on it too.

Just think of what kind of a mood the poor guy must be in the last day or two.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,995 ✭✭✭Sofiztikated

Billy86 wrote: »
    Unless he's an absolutely phenomenal fighter, this is probably the end of his meaningful career - and I'm absolutely fine with that. What's the craic with Chiesa and payment for the fight now that he can't compete? If he's lost out there, he's definitely the biggest loser for me given his crime was happening to be in the wrong seat on the bus. If that is the case, hopefully someone who can afford to decides goes out of pocket for him or the judge orders damages amounting to what he would have got for the fight if he had won and got all the additional incentives on it too.

I reckon he'd have a hefty claim go against McGregor, and will be either settled out of court by UFC or McGregor.

Could be the best thing for individual fighters, might push UFC to look after them a bit better.

UFC said anyone that is out of a fight because of this gets their showup pay. No bonuses.

• Advertisement

Billy86 wrote: »

Are you suggesting that McGregor would voluntarily compensate Chieasa? Doesn't strike me as the vulgar rogue with a heart of gold type guy.
    Surely​ that would be an amount not to be sniffed at?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,442 ✭✭✭LollipopJimmy

I'm hugely disappointed in the behaviour of Conor and co, headline on the front of a rag today making comparisons to Paddy Jackson are just going too far. Throwing objects at a bus is not the same as passing a teenage girl around your mates and ****ing her so hard that she's left bruised and bleeding.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,447 ✭✭✭✭fullstop

Anyone got an update on how the executive meeting in RTÉ went?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

glasso wrote: »
    Are you suggesting that McGregor would voluntarily compensate Chieasa? Doesn't strike me as the vulgar rogue with a heart of gold type guy.
    Surely​ that would be an amount not to be sniffed at?

If he voluntarily compensated Chiesa he would go to jail for bribing a witness

Lukker- wrote: »
    If he voluntarily compensated Chiesa he would go to jail for bribing a witness

Thankfully he's spared that moral quandary then. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

I'm hugely disappointed in the behaviour of Conor and co, headline on the front of a rag today making comparisons to Paddy Jackson are just going too far. Throwing objects at a bus is not the same as passing a teenage girl around your mates and ****ing her so hard that she's left bruised and bleeding.

I've seen people I went to school with who publicly posted that 'The slag got what she deserved' after the Belfast trial, and defended the Ulster lads and than call McGregor a scumbag and that we shouldn't expect anything less from his type of people.

Now it was definitely scumbag behaviour from him, but it's strange how social status can affect people's perceptions of behaviour.

Lukker- wrote: »
    I've seen people I went to school with who publicly posted that 'The slag got what she deserved' after the Belfast trial, and defended the Ulster lads and than call McGregor a scumbag and that we shouldn't expect anything less from his type of people.

Now it was definitely scumbag behaviour from him, but it's strange how social status can affect people's perceptions of behaviour.

These two cases have nothing to do with each other and the crimes are very different in nature and the court has already ruled on one.
    Whatabouterry rubbish trying to tie them together is bs

• Registered Users Posts: 5,442 ✭✭✭LollipopJimmy

glasso wrote: »
    These two cases have nothing to do with each other and the crimes are very different in nature and the court has already ruled on one.
    Whatabouterry rubbish trying to tie them together is bs

That's the point I was making tbh, it's on the front of one of the rags today though

• Advertisement

That's the point I was making tbh, it's on the front of one of the rags today though

I was addressing the other poster who just tried to make a comparison there.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement