Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Official Conor McGregor thread (part 5) *Read Mod Note in Post 1*

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

glasso wrote: »
    Are you suggesting that McGregor would voluntarily compensate Chieasa? Doesn't strike me as the vulgar rogue with a heart of gold type guy.
    Surely​ that would be an amount not to be sniffed at?
    Not voluntarily as an act of good will, more like under pressure from legal teams and PR etc if Chiesa were to seek compensation (edit: or if the judge were to order any) under the logic of "give him the payout to make this sh** go away or it'll cost you a whole lot more".

Basically, settle quickly and quietly out of court if possible were that to happen, rather than make a circus of it which would keep reminding people of what happened this week and further damage McGregor's brand and thus pockets.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,995 ✭✭✭Sofiztikated

One this is very apparent, NYC court is a totally different ballgame Blanch district court.

No buzzing off the judge there.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

I was addressing the other poster who just tried to make a comparison there.

You've missed the point then, I wasn't comparing the two cases, I was comparing the reaction to them.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,332 ✭✭✭pgj2015

i heard sage northcutt was supposed to be there to back mcgregor up but got help up in traffic.

Lukker- wrote: »
    You've missed the point then, I wasn't comparing the two cases, I was comparing the reaction to them.

That is tieing them together.
    Alleged Rape and the resulting emotive reactions on both sides to it cannot be compared to a cut and dry scroatey thuggery fur the purpose of trying to make a point on social classes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

Has White addressed the fact that Khabib and his crew cornered Lobov and intimidated him?

How did McGregor get past security to wreck a bus anyways?

That is tieing them together.
    Alleged Rape and the resulting emotive reactions on both sides to it cannot be compared to a cut and dry scroatey thuggery fur the purpose of trying to make a point on social classes.

From a social response perspective, they can, and do, and will continue to.

Regardless of the verdict and if it happened or not, the content of their group chat shows they deserve equal if not more admonishment.

Dempsey wrote: »
    Has White addressed the fact that Khabib and his crew cornered Lobov and intimidated him?

The MacLife reporters let them in an emergency exit. He addressed it at his initial press conference.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,048 ✭✭✭Bunny Colvin

McGregor has a couple of lads who do an MMA channel called MacLife. Dana said that they had press passes and let McGregor and the yobs through a side door.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭theballz

He snook in via the Mac life media crew

• Advertisement

pgj2015 wrote: »
    i heard sage northcutt was supposed to be there to back mcgregor up but got help up in traffic.

Lies.

The spider got him.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BhNE_Uphmym/?hl=en&taken-by=supersagenorthcutt

The MacLife reporters let them in an emergency exit. He addressed it at his initial press conference.

Anyone know what the MacLife reporters were there for? I assume to report on the media day? Would they normally be there for it?

I don't really follow them, bar for McG stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,442 ✭✭✭LollipopJimmy

Anyone know what the MacLife reporters were there for? I assume to report on the media day? Would they normally be there for it?

And he can be seen running after Conor in the vids capturing every moment

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,683 ✭✭✭Subcomandante Marcos

They were credentialed as journalists to cover the press conference for the website.

But nothing said about Khabib and his crew cornering another fighter on the undercard when they thought nobody was looking?

And he can be seen running after Conor in the vids capturing every moment
    They were credentialed as journalists to cover the press conference for the website.

So that puts them somewhere between naive at best, to complicate at worst.

Bye bye credentials.

But nothing said about Khabib and his crew cornering another fighter on the undercard when they thought nobody was looking?

Why would anything be said? Nothing happened. He was asked why he was calling Khabib a pussy, lied about it, and was told to not mention Khabib in future if he was going to be a pussy about it in person. He wasn't attacked, he just crapped his pants.

two lads jabbering a bit in Russian sort of loses in the dramatic stakes in comparison to the McGregor thugs-on-speed posse videos creating havoc seiging a bus.

So that puts them somewhere between naive at best, to complicate at worst.

Bye bye credentials.

McGahon's mma journalism career is severely damaged if not over.

Why would anything be said? Nothing happened. He was asked why he was calling Khabib a pussy, lied about it, and was told to not mention Khabib in future if he was going to be a pussy about it in person. He wasn't attacked, he just crapped his pants.

And it looked to be in passing in the hotel hallway, not a deliberate act.

• Advertisement

And then the phone calls to the point where they had to move him to another hotel? Nice little slant of events you have there
    two lads jabbering a bit in Russian sort of loses in the dramatic stakes in comparison to the McGregor thugs-on-speed posse videos creating havoc seiging a bus.

McGregors behaviour is not excused in any way shape or form.

Khabib & his crew's behaviour should not be tolerated just because McGregor out-scumbagged him :rolleyes:

The MacLife actually have a media presence at nearly every numbered UFC event, (as well as the European events).

I really hope Andrew McGanhon wasn't one of the reporters who let them in. That said, I think it's likely that the MacLife will lose their press credentials regardless, but if Andrew were to get a lifetime ban for it, it would be a shame.

what sort of pigeon-brained group-think conversation must have gone on that made it seem like a good idea to head down in a huge gang to a press event where you'd have to illegally access to confront Khabib and his crew?

• Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭southstar

Funny how feckin respectful he was in an American court...attention seeking immature asshole

• Registered Users Posts: 4,820 ✭✭✭Doctors room ghost

threeball wrote: »
    It's amazing that the ufc have fighters that were raised in trailer parks and from abusive backgrounds in the US, guys who grew up in favelas in Brazil literally eeking out a living, people from countries that are war torn or where violence is as much a part of daily life as waking up and yet the biggest scrote in the entire organisation comes from.... Crumlin.

Main difference there is the lads and lasses who grew up in the trailer parks and ghettos are The real deal while Conor mctapper is as fake as you could get.a plastic gangster lorded and worshipped by his following of tracksuit zombies.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,760 ✭✭✭Effects

southstar wrote: »
    Funny how feckin respectful he was in an American court...attention seeking immature asshole

Not really that funny. How else would you expect him to act?
    It’s a completely different situation.

In fairness he was cornered by 6-7 lads, and Khabib was the ring leader. He knew he was provoking him, and I don't care if you are a fighter or not, being surrounded by 6-7 Dagestanis, I think most people would say anything to get out of it. It was leader of the pack, bully behaviour, something McGregor himself has done to a much worse degree in response. I think both guys like to think they are gangsters tbh

In fairness he was cornered by 6-7 lads, and Khabib was the ring leader. He knew he was provoking him, and I don't care if you are a fighter or not, being surrounded by 6-7 Dagestanis, I think most people would say anything to get out of it. It was leader of the pack, bully behaviour, something McGregor himself has done to a much worse degree in response. I think both guys like to think they are gangsters tbh

whatever about Khabib it seems as if McGregor sees himself as some sort of Crumberlin-Corleone gang head and Khabib "disrespected the bleedin' family" and some sort of retribution had to be sought. probably picked up on the vibe from hangin' around too much with Kinehan minions.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

McGahon's mma journalism career is severely damaged if not over.

Yea i have been thinking about that the last couple of days. Some gob****e so he is ruining his career as a journalist.

• Advertisement

ricero wrote: »
    Yea i have been thinking about that the last couple of days. Some gob****e so he is ruining his career as a journalist.

He's a decent journalist and seems like a nice lad too, which is the worst part.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement