Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Official Conor McGregor thread (part 5) *Read Mod Note in Post 1*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,048 ✭✭✭Bunny Colvin

Why would anything be said? Nothing happened. He was asked why he was calling Khabib a pussy, lied about it, and was told to not mention Khabib in future if he was going to be a pussy about it in person. He wasn't attacked, he just crapped his pants.

He was disrespected in fairness, Khabib slapped him too and the fact that it went viral didn't help.

He's a decent journalist and seems like a nice lad too, which is the worst part.

too bad he felt that he had to hitch his cart to McGregor who couldn't give a fcuk about the repercussions of his actions for other people.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,995 ✭✭✭Sofiztikated

glasso wrote: »
    too bad he felt that he had to hitch his cart to McGregor who couldn't give a fcuk about the repercussions of his actions for other people.

To be fair, that horse he hitched that cart onto was a belter, and dragged him further, quicker.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,683 ✭✭✭Subcomandante Marcos

He was disrespected in fairness

So? He got a talking down after a chance meeting and instead of reacting like an adult phoned his mates to come cause trouble.

To be fair, that horse he hitched that cart onto was a belter, and dragged him further, quicker.

that goes without saying but frequently short-cuts don't work out in the long-term.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

I dunno the ins and outs, but I assume he was paying for his own trips with SevereMMA. With the MacLife I reckon he got to go to as many events as he could with full press credentials and travel covered.

From his Instagram it appears he was in Brooklyn and radio silence since, so it's not looking promising.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,374 ✭✭✭xtal191

If Artem didn't go on Russian TV and talk **** about Khabib none of this prob would've happened.

So? He got a talking down after a chance meeting and instead of reacting like an adult phoned his mates to come cause trouble.

He got slapped. And do you actually think he called Conor and asked for that? Conor makes his own decisions, and would've flown out regardless.

I think it's pretty clear from any footage that Artem wasn't that into whatever was going on

Lukker- wrote: »
    I dunno the ins and outs, but I assume he was paying for his own trips with SevereMMA. With the MacLife I reckon he got to go to as many events as he could with full press credentials and travel covered.

From his Instagram it appears he was in Brooklyn and radio silence since, so it's not looking promising.

Yeah I'm pretty sure pay from SevereMMA was minimal at best. He's waged at TheMacLife and that's his full time job now. They pay him to attend the events as their frontman. It must seemed like a dream gig at the start.

He got slapped. And do you actually think he called Conor and asked for that? Conor makes his own decisions, and would've flown out regardless.

I think it's pretty clear from any footage that Artem wasn't that into whatever was going on

His face when conor threw the trolly thing was pure "what the actual fook did he just do".

Artem seems like a decent enough fella in fairness.

• Advertisement

He was disrespected in fairness, Khabib slapped him too and the fact that it went viral didn't help.

Tbh I don't the reaction would have been half as bad if Khabib just approached him 1 on 1. It was setup so that he was cornered and he probably had a team member filming it. What Artem was guilty of, Khabib was even more so. It's easy to talk someone down when you have 6 guys with ya.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,913 ✭✭✭Pintman Paddy Losty

Yeah I'm pretty sure pay from SevereMMA was minimal at best. He's waged at TheMacLife and that's his full time job now. They pay him to attend the events as their frontman. It must seemed like a dream gig at the start.

Now that dream has turned in to a nightmare.

Career over. Deservedly. Lie with dogs, wake up with fleas.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

Lads drop the allegations and accusations against McGahon. There is no evidence yet to say which journalists were involved or did anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

See quite a few commentators in the media on all this saying that if McGregor really wanted to fight Khabib then he would have approached him somewhere else and that he only attacked the bus as he knew it would be recorded and that there would be no real confrontation but that makes no sense. Not excusing what he did, throwing that metal trolley, dolly, hand truck, whatever the fcuk it's called, was scumbag behavior for sure and he could have killed someone had it gone into the bus as opposed to bouncing back off the window frame...........

But, tbf, McGregor and co all headed down there seemingly not knowing if Khabib and his crew were on the buses yet and so, in their mind at least, they had as much chance of running into them walking down to buses as anything else and I think that (assuming no trolleys were used) would have been epic to see. Would have been like something from The Warriors (lite).

Again, not excusing smashing windows, to say that was a step too far is an understatement but with better timing and it all could have been so so different. Could have all went worse too though, not doubting that either but I just don't have an issue with the idea of them all going down there to confront Khabibs team is all.

• Registered Users Posts: 23 Dickvandyk

Conor Mcgregor fast program looks like it's working anyway the ease at which he lifted the trolley they do be quite heavy.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,614 ✭✭✭snotboogie

By all accounts he was put in an impossible situation, no matter what he did his career was in serious jeopardy, it was either piss off Conor or piss off the UFC. As an upcoming journalist he would have been an idiot not to ride the McGregor hype train. Once in a lifetime opportunity.

As I posted to another poster, to say someone deservedly loses their career is a pathetic comment to make without any evidence to suggest they did anything wrong. They took a job which enabled them to further their career like any other person would, they arent acountable for the actions of their employer. You have already had 2 infractions in as many days..time to take a break from the forum.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭weldoninhio

In fairness he was cornered by 6-7 lads, and Khabib was the ring leader. He knew he was provoking him, and I don't care if you are a fighter or not, being surrounded by 6-7 Dagestanis, I think most people would say anything to get out of it. It was leader of the pack, bully behaviour, something McGregor himself has done to a much worse degree in response. I think both guys like to think they are gangsters tbh

Khabib used his words to sort out his issues with Artem.

Conor used violence to sort out his issue with Khabib.

Big difference.

snotboogie wrote: »
    By all accounts he was put in an impossible situation, no matter what he did his career was in serious jeopardy, it was either piss off Conor or piss off the UFC. As an upcoming journalist he would have been an idiot not to ride the McGregor hype train. Once in a lifetime opportunity.

Yup, it's the most disingenuous thing ever to say he shouldn't have taken the job. 99% of people in his situation would've jumped at the same opportunity. There was definitely a mutual respect there too, Andrew did a lot to promote him and Irish MMA in the early days.

Khabib used his words to sort out his issues with Artem.

Conor used violence to sort out his issue with Khabib.

Big difference.

I don't usually slap people that I'm debating

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,359 ✭✭✭jon1981

hmmm so they managed to stitch together a high quality video of the event and the camera always seemed to be in the right location

https://www.joe.ie/sport/mcgregor-bus-attack-621798

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭weldoninhio

There was no slap. He was tapped on the back of the neck twice by Khabibs fingers with zero force. The first one is visible and audible in the video. There was absolutely nothing in it.

jon1981 wrote: »
    hmmm so they managed to stitch together a high quality video of the event and the camera always seemed to be in the right location

https://www.joe.ie/sport/mcgregor-bus-attack-621798

The UFC produces a series called "UFC Embedded" where camera crews follow the 4 fighters from the main and co-main events for the week or so leading up to fight night for PPV events. They're with them for most of the day, every day. They always have footage from bus journeys with fighters before and after press conferences etc. The fact that there was camera crews around isn't unique or special, they were there filming their series, like they always do.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,995 ✭✭✭Sofiztikated

The UFC produces a series called "UFC Embedded" where camera crews follow the 4 fighters from the main and co-main events for the week or so leading up to fight night for PPV events. They're with them for most of the day, every day. They always have footage from bus journeys with fighters before and after press conferences etc. The fact that there was camera crews around isn't unique or special, they were there filming their series, like they always do.

If the Embedded didn't show it, people would accuse them of sitting on unfavourable footage.

They are using it to promote the fight, plain and simple. If the UFC didn't want to be accused of sitting on footage they could have sent it to the NYPD for it to be used in a case against him. What Dana calls the most disgusting day in UFC history, will probably be the most viewed embedded of all time. They will use the footage to promote Khabib/Conor if it ever happens.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,516 ✭✭✭EagererBeaver

Dempsey wrote: »
    But nothing said about Khabib and his crew cornering another fighter on the undercard when they thought nobody was looking?

Lololol amazing. "But but but sir, that other bold boy did something too!"

5 people mentioned in the restraining order thing by the judge.

that means 5 civil suits on the way I presume.

It's the 5 people who would have been affected physically. It's possible that those will file suit (more possibly), but I doubt any of them have filed already.

5 for Cowley, 6 for McGregor.

The extra one for McGregor is a UFC staffer who wasn't on the bus who was injured in the chaos outside the bus.

• Advertisement

It was 4 for Cowley and 5 for McGregor.

Judge issues an order protection in favor of Michael Chiesa, Ozzy Arias, Ray Borg, Ricardo Chico on Cian Cowley.

Those same people plus Jason Ledbetter have an order protection via the judge on McGregor.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement