Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Official Conor McGregor thread (part 5) *Read Mod Note in Post 1*

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,683 ✭✭✭Subcomandante Marcos

Axwell wrote: »
    It was 4 for Cowley and 5 for McGregor.

Judge issues an order protection in favor of Michael Chiesa, Ozzy Arias, Ray Borg, Ricardo Chico on Cian Cowley.

Those same people plus Jason Ledbetter have an order protection via the judge on McGregor.

I knew there was an extra one for McGregor.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,191 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

You can be sure there will be more who have been traumatized suing for emotional distress too. It is the US after all

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

• Registered Users Posts: 728 ✭✭✭Los Lobos

I'm actually sick of it now, two days of it and still the back and forth, who is right, who is wrong.

It's called a sack truck

• Registered Users Posts: 4,246 ✭✭✭ardinn

Karolina is someone who although would probably beat me to death blindfolded I cant help wanting to mind - She looks so sad and vulnerable I want to give her a cuddle and tell her everything will be ok.

F*ck you Conor - Leave My girl alone!!!

Chiesa seeing the $$$ when he confirms McGregor threw the hand-truck thingy that resulted in him being cut.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=za0qXbofvc0&feature=youtu.be&t=115

then cuts to Borg who's thinking - "how do I get in on that action"?!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,390 ✭✭✭Gamb!t

Surprised they showed that McGregor incident on Embedded if they were that outraged with him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 898 ✭✭✭Schwanz

Some eejit Conor is, not quite sure at what brought on that behavior but he's on his high horse and the fall hopefully will be nice and hard.

Too much money and he now thinks he's above the law

• Registered Users Posts: 2,795 ✭✭✭dulux99

It'll be good for McGregor to be sued to the high heavens in this instance, like when is the last time anyone had any bit of authority over him, or simply said "no" to him? A long time ago I suspect. The likes of Cowley and Ward were probably telling him the whole way over to New York that they were going to batter khabib a it was a great idea. They were just happy to be brought along for the ride. Classic cling on and yes man behaviour. You never know, this might bring him back down to earth.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,604 ✭✭✭dave1982

I reckon he'll offer settlements in the quiet. Surely his legal team in US will advise him to do it, avoid courts etc.

I think dust will settle soon on this the holloway drama overshadowed it a bit i think. Hopefully the payouts will get him back in cage against Khabib it'll be huge. People will buy to see him either redeem himself or for Khabib to rape and maul him

• Registered Users Posts: 2,649 ✭✭✭Whelo79

dave1982 wrote: »
    I reckon he'll offer settlements in the quiet. Surely his legal team in US will advise him to do it, avoid courts etc.

I think dust will settle soon on this the holloway drama overshadowed it a bit i think. Hopefully the payouts will get him back in cage against Khabib it'll be huge. People will buy to see him either redeem himself or for Khabib to rape and maul him

I agree. Out of court settlements, charges dropped by claimants. It's unfortunate, I don't think that will be a big enough wake up call for him to sort his **** out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

He can't go for an out of court settlement yet. The state has to prosecute him first. Any attempt to get an out of court settlement now would be illegal. That avenue can be explored in a civil case.

I heard he called out a Japanese Bullet train on instagram a while ago...

ardinn wrote: »
    Karolina is someone who although would probably beat me to death blindfolded I cant help wanting to mind - She looks so sad and vulnerable I want to give her a cuddle and tell her everything will be ok.

F*ck you Conor - Leave My girl alone!!!

She was a big fan of his too. Doubt she still is

• Registered Users Posts: 1,682 ✭✭✭monty_python

It would be cool if he jumped the cage after kabib was crowned the new champ, knocked him out, knocked out dana, chugged 2 cans of Budweiser and the same time and walked off with the belt over his shoulder

🀣

• Registered Users Posts: 2,359 ✭✭✭robwen

https://thebiglead.com/2018/04/07/conor-mcgregor-likely-cost-himself-millions-with-barclays-meltdown-arrest/amp/

Don't know how reliable this guy is but claims before this week's sh1tshow there was going to be a big announcement on McGregor's comeback at last night's 25 anniversary press conference & that his return was going to be against Dos Anjos for the interim welterweight title
    Author also believes Thursday was a stunt that went horribly wrong

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,683 ✭✭✭Subcomandante Marcos

It would be cool if he jumped the cage after kabib was crowned the new champ, knocked him out, knocked out dana, chugged 2 cans of Budweiser and the same time and walked off with the belt over his shoulder

🀣

Yeah. The best part is he'd be in jail for several years for breaking his bail conditions and the terms of the protection orders against him.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,604 ✭✭✭dave1982

robwen wrote: »
    https://thebiglead.com/2018/04/07/conor-mcgregor-likely-cost-himself-millions-with-barclays-meltdown-arrest/amp/

Don't know how reliable this guy is but claims before this week's sh1tshow there was going to be a big announcement on McGregor's comeback at last night's 25 anniversary press conference & that his return was going to be against Dos Anjos for the interim welterweight title

Its possible cause it would mean he wouldnt have to defend his belt

• Registered Users Posts: 6,516 ✭✭✭EagererBeaver

Very obvious that a lot of people (here, Twitter, Reddit) don't understand the difference between a criminal case and a civil case. McGregor and Cowley were in court yesterday on criminal charges, hence the prosecution referring to "the people" so often. The state is the prosecutor. You don't get to settle (pay to make it all go away) but you may get to plead.

Any civil action will follow later where one party (or more likely, lots of parties chasing that easy dollar) take a case against McGregor for the wrongs they allege to have suffered.

Very obvious that a lot of people (here, Twitter, Reddit) don't understand the difference between a criminal case and a civil case. McGregor and Cowley were in court yesterday on criminal charges, hence the prosecution referring to "the people" so often. The state is the prosecutor. You don't get to settle (pay to make it all go away) but you may get to plead.

Any civil action will follow later where one party (or more likely, lots of parties chasing that easy dollar) take a case against McGregor for the wrongs they allege to have suffered.

Yup, any attempt to settle now would be an actual felony for attempting to bribe witnesses/victims. Hence the no-contact stipulation.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,137 ✭✭✭veganrun

I was listening to RTE radio this morning and the guy (can't remember his name) suggested it was possible that what happened was something that was planned but which got out of hand at the time.

Regardless I can see them all kissing and making up further down the line for a big money fight. Money talks more than anything.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,995 ✭✭✭Sofiztikated

ypevkuncugq01.png

• Registered Users Posts: 3,597 ✭✭✭Richard tea

robwen wrote: »

This 110%

A stunt gone wrong. The only thing is it will be a long time after the dust has settled before its admitted.

Same as the Diaz bottle throwing incident. Ofcourse everyone knew something would kick off. But throwing objects was not part of the game.
    Imagine if the can of monster hit someone square in the face knocking them unconscious. That would be worse than the bus incident now.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,308 Mod ✭✭✭✭.ak

Lukker- wrote: »
    In fairness he was cornered by 6-7 lads, and Khabib was the ring leader. He knew he was provoking him, and I don't care if you are a fighter or not, being surrounded by 6-7 Dagestanis, I think most people would say anything to get out of it. It was leader of the pack, bully behaviour, something McGregor himself has done to a much worse degree in response. I think both guys like to think they are gangsters tbh

I think you’ve hit the nail on the head, I also think it goes to explaining the behaviour displayed by McGregor. I find it amusing the amount of people who seem to hold McGregor culpabable to their own moral compass.

I am not for one second defending McGregor before anyone gets their knickers in a twist. I’m just interested in the mindset of McGregor and also the general public in relation.

McGregor has always labelled himself as a “boss/don”, he thinks he’s a gangster. People seem to think this was an act or mind games or something. It wasn’t. Conor believes everything he says, 100%. That’s one of the most fascinating things about him, when he says he doesn’t give a **** about what people think, he’s not just saying it, he really doesn’t, he thinks there’s bigger things at stake than intelligent career decisions, he thinks that bully stunt on Artem is an attack on him and his perceived power, directly.

Again, I’m not defending his actions, I’m just trying to discuss the mindset. I think it’s hard for a lot of people to see things from other people’s perspectives especially based on our social backgrounds.

The other mindset I mentioned, is the general public. The whole reaction to him kind of has me confused; when he was dominating people in the cage people were all too happy to call him “one of us”, a great Irish sports person. Now he’s doing something not within their line of thinking as social acceptable behaviour and he’s a knacker, a scrote etc.

For me, this incident does not come as a surprise. People seemed to turn a blind eye to his demeanour and words at the time, but this is a lad that idolised gangster rappers and hung about some unsavoury drumlin heads. Why is this a surprise to people? Especially the people who say “I’ve lost all respect I had for him”, what changed exactly? For me this is the same guy from day 1. Just now he has funds to act upon his statements.

Another analogy on the incident that may make posters from Dublin relate to the behaviour is this; if someone was to drive into Crumlin, corner some young chap, threaten him etc, you can well believe you won’t be making it out of the estate before his mates and brothers catch up with them and start throwing stuff through the windows. That’s the mindset he would’ve grown up with, don’t back down and take care of your own cuz the Guards won’t.

Sorry, long winded post, but I guess the point I’m making is McGregor never changed. This is who he is. If you had him on a moral pedestal as some sort of hero well then more the fool you are. He is who he is, which is probably one of the reasons he’s become such a global name, because people are attracted to controversy. If you think this is the last you’ve seen of McGregor and his star will plummet then I guess you don’t understand the public mindset. Look at Tyson; what he did was infinitely worse than anything McGregor has done to date and he was still a superstar. Why? Because People. Love. Controversy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,960 ✭✭✭Autecher

Ray Borg has posted a doctors note, picture of his eye and a message to his instagram
    https://www.instagram.com/p/BhRjxMqh97Z/?hl=en&taken-by=tazmexufc

• Registered Users Posts: 4,246 ✭✭✭ardinn

cliggg wrote: »
    Ray Borg has posted a doctors note, picture of his eye and a message to his instagram
    https://www.instagram.com/p/BhRjxMqh97Z/?hl=en&taken-by=tazmexufc

ffs a good rub and my eyes go like that!

• Registered Users Posts: 29,853 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

• Registered Users Posts: 29,853 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

• Registered Users Posts: 6,516 ✭✭✭EagererBeaver

.ak wrote: »
    I think you’ve hit the nail on the head, I also think it goes to explaining the behaviour displayed by McGregor. I find it amusing the amount of people who seem to hold McGregor culpabable to their own moral compass.

I am not for one second defending McGregor before anyone gets their knickers in a twist. I’m just interested in the mindset of McGregor and also the general public in relation.

McGregor has always labelled himself as a “boss/don”, he thinks he’s a gangster. People seem to think this was an act or mind games or something. It wasn’t. Conor believes everything he says, 100%. That’s one of the most fascinating things about him, when he says he doesn’t give a **** about what people think, he’s not just saying it, he really doesn’t, he thinks there’s bigger things at stake than intelligent career decisions, he thinks that bully stunt on Artem is an attack on him and his perceived power, directly.

Again, I’m not defending his actions, I’m just trying to discuss the mindset. I think it’s hard for a lot of people to see things from other people’s perspectives especially based on our social backgrounds.

The other mindset I mentioned, is the general public. The whole reaction to him kind of has me confused; when he was dominating people in the cage people were all too happy to call him “one of us”, a great Irish sports person. Now he’s doing something not within their line of thinking as social acceptable behaviour and he’s a knacker, a scrote etc.

For me, this incident does not come as a surprise. People seemed to turn a blind eye to his demeanour and words at the time, but this is a lad that idolised gangster rappers and hung about some unsavoury drumlin heads. Why is this a surprise to people? Especially the people who say “I’ve lost all respect I had for him”, what changed exactly? For me this is the same guy from day 1. Just now he has funds to act upon his statements.

Another analogy on the incident that may make posters from Dublin relate to the behaviour is this; if someone was to drive into Crumlin, corner some young chap, threaten him etc, you can well believe you won’t be making it out of the estate before his mates and brothers catch up with them and start throwing stuff through the windows. That’s the mindset he would’ve grown up with, don’t back down and take care of your own cuz the Guards won’t.

Sorry, long winded post, but I guess the point I’m making is McGregor never changed. This is who he is. If you had him on a moral pedestal as some sort of hero well then more the fool you are. He is who he is, which is probably one of the reasons he’s become such a global name, because people are attracted to controversy. If you think this is the last you’ve seen of McGregor and his star will plummet then I guess you don’t understand the public mindset. Look at Tyson; what he did was infinitely worse than anything McGregor has done to date and he was still a superstar. Why? Because People. Love. Controversy.

It's not complicated. Initially, he was witty, charismatic, entertaining. A loveable rogue. He was fun. He didn't **** on people. People could relate to him.

Once he got super rich he became unbearably twattish and loutish and believed his own hype. Surrounded himself with morons and started behaving as if was above and better than everybody else.

McGregor changed, and thus people's views of him changed.

As for the "I'm not defending him but here are a load of defensive arguements" please just stop. Your analogy to lads in Crumlin is embarrassing. Lobov and McGregor and Khabib are not street thugs looking to mark their terroritory. They are highly paid elite athletes. Khabib didn't give Artem a hiding on a street corner. He, while wrong, confronted him inside an NYC hotel. They're not "beefing" over who owns what corner ffs.

McGregor is a near 30 year old man. The "he squared up to my mate, I'm gonna knock his **** in" mentality leaves most non-scumbags at about 17, or at least after becoming parents. The fact that a near 30 year old man of effectively limitless resources decides to race off to New York with a bunch of bums, amateurs and kids after his mate was in a pantomime spat isn't some admirable team spirit. It's embarrassing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,593 ✭✭✭Wheeliebin30

.ak wrote: »

BS.

He has zero criminal convictions.

Let’s stop pretending he was always a gangster.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,672 ✭✭✭seannash

ardinn wrote: »
    ffs a good rub and my eyes go like that!
    A good rub and you need a foreign object removed from your eye as per the doctors report??

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement