Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Official Conor McGregor thread (part 5) *Read Mod Note in Post 1*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 56,474 ✭✭✭✭walshb

.ak wrote: »
    The other mindset I mentioned, is the general public. The whole reaction to him kind of has me confused; when he was dominating people in the cage people were all too happy to call him “one of us”, a great Irish sports person. Now he’s doing something not within their line of thinking as social acceptable behaviour and he’s a knacker, a scrote etc.

For me, this incident does not come as a surprise. People seemed to turn a blind eye to his demeanour and words at the time, but this is a lad that idolised gangster rappers and hung about some unsavoury drumlin heads. Why is this a surprise to people? Especially the people who say “I’ve lost all respect I had for him”, what changed exactly? For me this is the same guy from day 1. Just now he has funds to act upon his statements

Sorry, long winded post, but I guess the point I’m making is McGregor never changed. This is who he is. If you had him on a moral pedestal as some sort of hero well then more the fool you are. He is who he is, which is probably one of the reasons he’s become such a global name, because people are attracted to controversy. If you think this is the last you’ve seen of McGregor and his star will plummet then I guess you don’t understand the public mindset. Look at Tyson; what he did was infinitely worse than anything McGregor has done to date and he was still a superstar. Why? Because People. Love. Controversy.

Spot on. All this shock and surprise and faux outrage...are people really that blind?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,593 ✭✭✭Wheeliebin30

walshb wrote: »
    Spot on. All this shock and surprise and faux outrage...are people really that blind?
    Ok what previous form has he for this behavior before he became the big man?

Nothing.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,246 ✭✭✭ardinn

seannash wrote: »
    A good rub and you need a foreign object removed from your eye as per the doctors report??

didnt read the report in fairness! - But a good rub and my eyes look like that!

That embedded video is damming in relation to borgs "injuries" yes - im saying I think the medical report is bullshít

• Registered Users Posts: 2,789 ✭✭✭slavetothegrind

walshb wrote: »

Yeah you are right, i will make sure i only get behind perfect people from perceived perfect backgrounds now and never try and support anyone dragging themselves up in the world from a less advantageous place.
    What a complete idiot i am.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,809 ✭✭✭Eoinbmw

ardinn wrote: »

That embedded video is damming in relation to borgs "injuries" yes - im saying I think the medical report is bullshít
    He did not have even a tear in his eye!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,516 ✭✭✭EagererBeaver

I don't know if I'm being deliberately trolled by this or not. Either way I'm fed up.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,308 Mod ✭✭✭✭.ak

It's not complicated. Initially, he was witty, charismatic, entertaining. A loveable rogue. He was fun. He didn't **** on people. People could relate to him.

Once he got super rich he became unbearably twattish and loutish and believed his own hype. Surrounded himself with morons and started behaving as if was above and better than everybody else.

McGregor changed, and thus people's views of him changed.

As for the "I'm not defending him but here are a load of defensive arguements" please just stop. Your analogy to lads in Crumlin is embarrassing. Lobov and McGregor and Khabib are not street thugs looking to mark their terroritory. They are highly paid elite athletes. Khabib didn't give Artem a hiding on a street corner. He, while wrong, confronted him inside an NYC hotel. They're not "beefing" over who owns what corner ffs.

McGregor is a near 30 year old man. The "he squared up to my mate, I'm gonna knock his **** in" mentality leaves most non-scumbags at about 17, or at least after becoming parents. The fact that a near 30 year old man of effectively limitless resources decides to race off to New York with a bunch of bums, amateurs and kids after his mate was in a pantomime spat isn't some admirable team spirit. It's embarrassing.

Ah listen I’m up for a debate as much as the next person, but the snobbery, condescending and aggressiveness of your posts is just tiresome. You can debate a point without them you know.

For that reason, I’m out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,593 ✭✭✭Wheeliebin30

Ah listen I’m up for a debate as much as the next person, but the snobbery, condescending and aggressiveness of your posts is just tiresome. You can debate a point without them you know.

In fairness your point is nonsense.

• Registered Users Posts: 56,474 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Ok what previous form has he for this behavior before he became the big man?

Nothing.

You on a wind up?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭utyh2ikcq9z76b

Lukker- wrote: »
    Yup, any attempt to settle now would be an actual felony for attempting to bribe witnesses/victims. Hence the no-contact stipulation.

But he can still send legal representation to iron it out/bribe/pay off I assume

• Advertisement

I don't know if I'm being deliberately trolled by this or not. Either way I'm fed up.

can I not have an opinion that the report is falsified by a doctor in order to get a claim?

Did you watch the embedded video?

Who are you that you think you are so special someone would bother trolling you!

If your fed up here then go elsewhere - It's very simple!!

Borg after window breaks!

Untitled.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭spix

A good rub and you need a foreign object removed from your eye as per the doctors report??

Did you even read the report properly. Ray borgs 'Chief complaint' was eye injury and removed foreign object. They didn't remove it at the hospital, its what ray complained of.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,672 ✭✭✭seannash

That embedded video is damming in relation to borgs "injuries" yes - im saying I think the medical report is bullsh/QUOTE]
    So a doctor at the New York Presbytherian hospital put his reputation on the line for a UFC fighter he probably never heard of.
    You're clearly trolling now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 771 ✭✭✭HappyAsLarE

I for one don’t think this is evidence of a scumbag’s mask slipping. I genuinely think McGregor was a decent skin before he got the big bucks. He had an admirable hunger and was quite witty.

Some people are saying to me that it was obvious he was always a scummer. But I don’t think so. Maybe I am just ashamed to have been blind to it. Who knows, who cares.

Either way I couldn’t have a lower opinion of him now. I will be rooting for his next opponent. He needs to have his legacy as a fighter torn to pieces. He needs to learn a life lesson.

That embedded video is damming in relation to borgs "injuries" yes - im saying I think the medical report is bullsh/QUOTE]
    So a doctor at the New York Presbytherian hospital put his reputation on the line for a UFC fighter he probably never heard of.

How do you know thats not borgs doctor - and read the report again!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭spix

Do you know what 'chief complaint' means??

Btw, you can get a corneal abrasion walking past a construction site and rubbing your eyes and by various other methods. Even if the window smash did cause it, assuming the injury is legit, its clearly extremely minor.

Here's Ray showing signs of eye irritation before the mcgregor incident https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Oe-jcXMoUg&t=15s

can I not have an opinion that the report is falsified by a doctor in order to get a claim?

Did you watch the embedded video?

Who are you that you think you are so special someone would bother trolling you!

If your fed up here then go elsewhere - It's very simple!!

Borg after window breaks!

Untitled.jpg

Oh dear. Oh ****ing dear.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,539 ✭✭✭John_D80

Posting this in the event thread as well.

I would love to hear wonderfulifes take on all this.

• Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭Visconti

Can someone tell me who is the cowley young fella ? I never heard of him does he work for connor ? Is he from a criminal family etc why was he even there. I know ward and a few of the others gimps.

You're definitively not up for a debate. You can't make a statement in relation to this matter without caveating it, as tends to be the case whenever you have any comment to make on McGregor. Your initial reaction was that the whole thing was gas. Trying to say "this kind of thing is normal" for people from Crumlin is laughable and embarrassing to those people.

I find it very telling that the vast majority of people, including McGregor fans, find the whole thing embarrassing more than shocking or crazy or cool or rebellious. A near 30 year old man throwing a porter's trolley at a bus like. The only people you see doing that in Ireland these days tend to loot LIDLs or crawl out from under their rocks around the 12th July.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,672 ✭✭✭seannash

How do you know thats not borgs doctor - and read the report again!!!
    Because New York Prebytherian is a hospital. Your normal doctor does not see you in a hospital.
    The MD on the report is also listed as being associated with that hospital
    https://doctor.webmd.com/doctor/carola-fernandez-rivera-md-280cdbbc-dec5-11e7-9f4c-005056a225bf-overview

John_D80 wrote: »
    Posting this in the event thread as well.

I would love to hear wonderfulifes take on all this.

I would expect nothing less than a War and Peace-esque unequivocal, universal commendation of it all.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,539 ✭✭✭John_D80

I would expect nothing less than a War and Peace-esque unequivocal, universal commendation of it all.

But you know it would be good reading!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 776 ✭✭✭Fall_Guy

Visconti wrote: »
    Can someone tell me who is the cowley young fella ? I never heard of him does he work for connor ? Is he from a criminal family etc why was he even there. I know ward and a few of the others gimps.

He's an Irish muai thai champ and domestic / fringe european level mma fighter.

• Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭hewhoscares

You're definitively not up for a debate. You can't make a statement in relation to this matter without caveating it, as tends to be the case whenever you have any comment to make on McGregor. Your initial reaction was that the whole thing was gas. Trying to say "this kind of thing is normal" for people from Crumlin is laughable and embarrassing to those people.

I find it very telling that the vast majority of people, including McGregor fans, find the whole thing embarrassing more than shocking or crazy or cool or rebellious. A near 30 year old man throwing a porter's trolley at a bus like. The only people you see doing that in Ireland these days tend to loot LIDLs or crawl out from under their rocks around the 12th July.

The most retweeted/shared stuff I've seem on twitter, beyond all the news about it, has been people bigging him up for the sense of loyalty about it all.

Statement from Conors manager seems to suggest he's quite riled at the drug taking accusations- Dana suggested the same

• Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭Visconti

Fall_Guy wrote: »
    He's an Irish muai thai champ and domestic / fringe european level mma fighter.

Must check him out. Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,464 ✭✭✭Ultimate Seduction

The most retweeted/shared stuff I've seem on twitter, beyond all the news about it, has been people bigging him up for the sense of loyalty about it all.

Statement from Conors manager seems to suggest he's quite riled at the drug taking accusations- Dana suggested the same

Where is that statement, can you post it

Where is that statement, can you post it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭weldoninhio

That makes zero mentions of drugs or being riled by drug accusations?

• Advertisement

That makes zero mentions of drugs or being riled by drug accusations?

"so much rumour and misinformation"

The mainly reported facts are on video so there isn't much denial about that - what else do you suggest they're referring to?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement