Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Official Conor McGregor thread (part 5) *Read Mod Note in Post 1*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,925 ✭✭✭pudzey101

Posted this just before it happend ..... its all in the plan for khabib :) i told ye conor would do something crazy , khabib wins the belt, and mcgregor to challenge for it in september :) doesnt take a genius to guess the next move of ufc :)

Just heard danas post fight presser il have to do the lotto tonight ��

• Registered Users Posts: 2,296 ✭✭✭sonofenoch

McGregor would clip that Khabib last night with ease, over in 2 rounds ..............he'd certainly have to fight differently

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭slogging...it

I don't know if anyone has mentioned this but was Mcgreggor not right to assume he had to do something to defend Artem if he was ran out of the hotel.
    Khabib has history of fighting in groups and breaking places up.....

• Registered Users Posts: 19,198 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

pudzey101 wrote: »
    its all in the plan for khabib
    doesnt take a genius.....

You can say that again

• Registered Users Posts: 3,152 ✭✭✭Brief_Lives

Hi guys, just dropping in to see whats happening... is he on bail, a court date set, allowed leave the country?
    thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,236 ✭✭✭jigglypuffstuff

Hi guys, just dropping in to see whats happening... is he on bail, a court date set, allowed leave the country?
    thanks

It's all online..

$50k bail, presumably allowed to travel home , June is the court date and he's facing several criminal charges and civil suits

Also we can, as of last night collectively begin referring to him as " the stripped stripped"

• Registered Users Posts: 1,682 ✭✭✭monty_python

Khabib has history of fighting in groups and breaking places up.....

Really?? What history is that??

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 15,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭rebel girl 15

pone2012 wrote: »
    It's all online..

$50k bail, presumably allowed to travel home , June is the court date and he's facing several criminal charges and civil suits

Also we can, as of last night collectively begin referring to him as " the stripped stripped"

Definitely allowed to travel home on $50,000 bail - 3 counts of assault and 1 count of criminal mischief. Apparently was laughing and joking with the cops in the precinct.

Back for June 14 for trial

As far as publicity goes, it has made the whole event much more high profile - there wasn't a huge amount of publicity beforehand around here, or on the news (I'm in NYC atm)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

Rose on the incident.....
    "Yeah, I did (think about not fighting after the bus incident). But, I think a lot of times leading up to many fights I think that. I'll doubt myself or I'll question myself, but the voice was strong this time."

"The chair nearly came at my window. Thankfully to the bus driver, he was on point. He was backing up the bus as it came to my window and it ended up hitting Michael Chiesa in the head instead, unfortunately. So thanks, Michael (laughs)."

"It shook me up because I didn't know how far it was going to escalate. All the guys inside they wanted to fight back and they wanted to go jump out of the bus, but I don't know if they're going to open the door, all come in. They're obviously not directly after me, but I'm just caught in this scenario."

Man he's damn lucky he didn't hurt someone more than he did.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,024 ✭✭✭willowthewisp

For all McGregors posturing and blustering, Khabib comes across as really cool in all of this.

If you want to fight come fight, in the cage our out of the cage......I like it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,246 ✭✭✭ardinn

For all McGregors posturing and blustering, Khabib comes across as really cool in all of this.

If you want to fight come fight, in the cage our out of the cage......I like it.

He is Scary calm too.

"Message me - I will come"

• Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭Visconti

ardinn wrote: »
    He is Scary calm too.

Connor would meet him in a field somewhere trust me. Khabibs fight was ****. Connor will break him up. Connor and the PA or whatever the cowley lad is were wrong, the stumpy ward fella was throwing a few shapes too they were all wrong and thugish, but then khabib and his "gangsta" friends did group fighting **** with those poor saintly Diaz brothers so he is no angel either.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

He is Scary calm too.

From about the 10 minute mark onward he mentions Mcgregor.

Agree hes so calm its near creepy :pac:

ricero wrote: »

From about the 10 minute mark onward he mentions Mcgregor.

Agree hes so calm its near creepy :pac:

He is calm because he just got paid to defend the belt against a nobody. Lets see is he calm when Connor picks his boney russian head off. He was calm too when he was intimidating that little russian guy with his gang around him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Visconti wrote: »
    He is calm because he just got paid to defend the belt against a nobody. Lets see is he calm when Connor picks his boney russian head off. He was calm too when he was intimidating that little russian guy with his gang around him.

Mcgregor fanboys make me lol :pac::pac::pac::pac::pac:

ricero wrote: »
    Mcgregor fanboys make me lol :pac::pac::pac::pac::pac:

Ahhhhhh thanks babe

• Registered Users Posts: 1,689 ✭✭✭bur

n5YMqjS.gif

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,030 ✭✭✭thebull85

Really?? What history is that??

https://youtu.be/y9TydSjurMo

• Registered Users Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

He is Scary calm too.

Ahh they said that crap about Lawler too after his spouted his nonsense about taking McGregor's soul, while he calmly chewed his gum.

Khabib's gonna get that monkey magic head boxed off him.

• Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭miocicmma

Bottom line is. If McGregor wants to be Lightweight champion he is going to have to fight Khabib. And I don't think he can beat Khabib, Especially with McGregor's ring rust from being 2 years out of the sport, his stamina issues and his lack of wrestling ability.

I'd like to see Mcgregor work his way back up, Maybe fight Diaz early 2019, possibly in London and then Khabib in Russia towards the end of next year.

• Advertisement

If Conor wasn't going around assaulting refs, sessioning in tree houses and attacking buses rather than defending his belts Khabib wouldn't have been fighting a nobody last night for the belt. (also Ragin Al is hardly a nobody).

I love Conor as much as the next guy but I think Khabib is bad news for him, Conor might clip Khabib early on in a round but I don't think he would survive some of those positions on the ground that Ragin Al survived last night, also how would Conors cardio be against Khabib if it went past the third round?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,236 ✭✭✭jigglypuffstuff

Conor had every chance to fight Khabib , Khabib has been calling him out since he won the belt...and just like he did with the featherweight belt he avoided defending it . Like he has done with every belt he's ever won

The only thing Conor has picked since Dec 2015 is his opponents. Khabib doesn't really give a **** about all his scummy antics and crap talk. He's clearly not intimidated in the least. And tbh why would he be?

That is why he's calm... Because he's not phased by Conor in the slightest.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,649 ✭✭✭Whelo79

Anyone know how long Tony is out for?

I'd love to see Conor v Tony in a number 1 contender fight in August. The winner faces Khabib in November.

I love how Khabib said he wants to stay active and he'd like to fight in NY in November. That's what he calls active? A 7 month break.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,125 ✭✭✭finglashoop

Whelo79 wrote: »

I'd love to see Conor v Tony in a number 1 contender fight in August. The winner faces Khabib in November.

I love how Khabib said he wants to stay active and he'd like to fight in NY in November. That's what he calls active? A 7 month break.

Thats cerrone stuff compared to mcgregor in fairness.

Would that be 3 fights this year?

I checked it would be four fights in 12 months

• Registered Users Posts: 6,516 ✭✭✭EagererBeaver

Absolutely no chance of McGregor fighting a number one contender fight. Khabib for might happen but only way a Ferguson fight happens first is it Ferguson somehow gets the belt of Khabib.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,649 ✭✭✭Whelo79

It would be 3 fights in just under 12 months alright if it were to happen.

As it stands he has 3 fights in about 17 months (which is just 2 more than McGregor)or 4 fights in exactly 2 years. Not exactly prolific.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

Since McGregor made his UFC debut he has 10 fights, 3 more than Khabib. That involves a year out with a knee injury and an 18 month hiatus for boxing.

A november fight for khabib lol and him knowing connor is pencilled in to fight in September . If thats not a duck I dont know what is. He should quack instead of mumbling in Russian.

It would be 3 fights in just under 12 months alright if it were to happen.

As it stands he has 3 fights in about 17 months (which is just 2 more than McGregor)or 4 fights in exactly 2 years. Not exactly prolific.

Waiting 7 months for a defence is an issue for khabib when mcgregor hasn't defended any to the point of being stripped.

• Advertisement

Lukker- wrote: »
    Since McGregor made his UFC debut he has 10 fights, 3 more than Khabib. That involves a year out with a knee injury and an 18 month hiatus for boxing.

And are you allowing for time out for khabibs injuries? I think he must have missed 3 yrs due to injury has he

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement