Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Official Conor McGregor thread (part 5) *Read Mod Note in Post 1*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,860 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

Hazys wrote: »
    Lol wtf kinda news is that?

Freelance journo writes article in 5 mins on his coffee break and sells it to the Irish Examiner.

One thing I've noticed about this whole affair is how out of step mainstream Irish media is with MMA. I mean I knew they were out of the loop but they haven't a fúcking clue. The celeb gossip writers ended up filling the pages because our sports journos are shít.

"McGregor, the champion of The MMA" and so on.

Sounds like an elderly women from the bog talking about the internet.

"Does that computer have the Google"?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,597 ✭✭✭Richard tea

Hazys wrote: »
    Lol wtf kinda news is that?

Also what classed as rowdy behavior ? Only takes a few lads to be horsing about to be considered rowdy. It not like they are smashing up the room.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭lifeandtimes

Also what classed as rowdy behavior ? Only takes a few lads to be horsing about to be considered rowdy. It not like they are smashing up the room.

And he sleeps in until noon? What the f**k has that got to do with anything and surely there's jet lag involved

• Registered Users Posts: 6,995 ✭✭✭Sofiztikated

And he sleeps in until noon? What the f**k has that got to do with anything and surely there's jet lag involved

How in the jaysis does sleeping til noon make paper inches?

If he has a room rented, its his to sleep in however he see's fit.

Being rowdy at night is slightly different, as it's disturbing other guests, but I've had people complain about "rowdy" guests, when they were watching TV slightly elevated. Although I will say that a couple of Dublin lads in a room will usually lead to a noise complaint, especially if it's a nice hotel. Something about the accent, seems to penetrate the very fabric of building materials.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,539 ✭✭✭John_D80

The hardest part to believe of all that article is that McGregor, worth in excess of €100m had to wait for money to be wired over from Dublin like he was some young fella in Ibeefa that blew all his his holiday cash on the first night.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭The Floyd p

Billy86 wrote: »
    That chap is an absolute clown, anyone that watches NFL will tell you he's like an even more clueless, even more say-anything-controversial-for-attention, hack than Eamon Dunphy. A lot more. I would give examples but they're just too ridiculous to explain in detail. A quick one for anyone that does watch the sport, he spent years trying to claim with a straight face that Tim Tebow was better than Aaron Rodgers... let that sink in.

Basically, I wouldn't watch that because I'm not interested in people saying things that they don't believe as a desperate "look at me, look at me, look at me!!" attempt.

Not intended to be snarky at you by the way :) , the guy is just a clown of the highest order.

The chosen one became the frozen one!
    Ray Allen hit the winner that saved LeBron's legacy.
    Johnny Manziel will be bigger in Cleveland than LeBron.

The clip of him and Shannon talking about Conor's loss to Nate Diaz is particularly amusing. They disagree with each other, and both manage to be wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,860 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

John_D80 wrote: »
    The hardest part to believe of all that article is that McGregor, worth in excess of €100m had to wait for money to be wired over from Dublin like he was some young fella in Ibeefa that blew all his his holiday cash on the first night.

In the 1990s. Can wire money instantly these days. Hardly like he was in a queue in the Western Union filling out paperwork.

Also was 50k bail not 75k right?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,293 ✭✭✭billybonkers

The Nal wrote: »
    In the 1990s. Can wire money instantly these days. Hardly like he was in a queue in the Western Union filling out paperwork.

Also was 50k bail not 75k right?

50 for him 25 for the other plonker. He would have had to pay bail before he could leave the court/jail anyway.

Sounds like a load of pony

• Registered Users Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

Bail money has to be paid in cash. Even if you have $100m in your account, you can't walk into a bank and withdraw $75k without a few days notice, simply because they don't have that cash on hand. He most likely needed to firstly transfer it to a US account, and then give notice that he was going to be making a large cash withdrawal.

FYI an international bank transfer can take 3-5 working days. There are quicker ways to send money, but his cash was probably stored in an Irish account so bank transfers are convenient if not slow.

50 for him 25 for the other plonker. He would have had to pay bail before he could leave the court/jail anyway.

Sounds like a load of pony

He only had to pay 10% before leaving court

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,539 ✭✭✭John_D80

Lukker- wrote: »
    Bail money has to be paid in cash. Even if you have $100m in your account, you can't walk into a bank and withdraw $75k without a few days notice, simply because they don't have that cash on hand. He most likely needed to firstly transfer it to a US account, and then give notice that he was going to be making a large cash withdrawal.

FYI an international bank transfer can take 3-5 working days. There are quicker ways to send money, but his cash was probably stored in an Irish account so bank transfers are convenient if not slow.

I understand the limitations on transferring money from one country to another. But I find it very hard to believe that someone worth as much as McGregor and with the representaion he has, cant get a hold of $75k cash as and when he requires it.

He'd be doing well to get his arse out of that city ASAP.

I understand the limitations on transferring money from one country to another. But I find it very hard to believe that someone worth as much as McGregor and with the representaion he has, cant get a hold of $75k cash as and when he requires it.

He probably has a US account with money for expenses while he's there, but probably not enough to cover 75k bail.

I'd disagree, he mays well get his money's worth from the trip seeing as it was fairly pointless so far. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,516 ✭✭✭EagererBeaver

It's America with American lawyers. I'd assume the natural approach was to use a bail bondsman rather than opening the AIB app on his phone and making an international transfer.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

It was paid through a bail bonds company. Dillion Danis arrange it apparently:
    Conor McGregor inside the offices of Brooklyn bail bondsman who paid $50,000 to get him out of jail

Conor McGregor went straight to the offices of a bail bondsman who paid $50,000 for him to be released from jail on Friday after being let out of custody and posed happily for photographs with fans inside.

bb3.png

After being released from custody on criminal mischief and assault charges which were filed when he was caught throwing a metal hand truck at a bus that was carrying a group of rival MMA fighters, the 29-year-old went to the offices of Ira Judelson in Brooklyn, New York, on Friday afternoon.

Once inside, he posed for a photograph with Judelson's teenage son and was polite to everyone inside. Members of the star's team enlisted Judelson after he was arrested for criminal mischief and assault late on Friday.

bb2.jpg

Despite being worth an estimated $84million, McGregor did not have access to the $75,000 cash handy that he needed to get both him and his friend Cian Cowley, who was also arrested and had his own bail set at $25,000, out.

A wire transfer from Dublin could have taken up to two or three days, Judelson explained. Once his case is settled, the court will return the money to Judelson. McGregor and his team have already paid the $7,500 10 percent fee the bail bondsman demands.

Once he was released on Friday, despite spending the last day in a Brooklyn jail cell and with his fighting career in jeopardy, McGregor 'couldn't have been nicer', Judelson said.

He is now free to return to Ireland but must inform Judelson if he comes back into the US before June 14, when he is due back in court.

His priority throughout their meeting was ensuring that Cowley would also be taken care of, he said.

'He was worried about Cian, when he came in he looked at him and asked if he was OK,' Judelson said.

It is normal for bail bondsmen to be enlisted by wealthy people if they get arrested, especially if they are overseas, purely because of the cash requirement.

'Conor isn't walking around with $75,000 in his pocket. Most of that money might be in Bank of Dublin.

'For them to wire that kind of money could take two days,' Judelson explained.

bb1.jpg

Rose was just on Ariel's show, said that only the bus was reversing, the dolly was coming through her window.

He's damn lucky there wasn't more injuries.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,935 ✭✭✭Tazzimus

Something about the accent, seems to penetrate the very fabric of building materials.

The oul Northside twang yes, not that soft accent from the Southside :P

Sweet F all happened to them after the Diaz clash, same thing with the Goddard/Bellator Official incident, punching some drug dealers dad in the face. Why would anything happen now?

No one is even talking about it anymore, it is like it has become normal acceptable behaviour for him and his goons to do this type of thing. Even Tony McGregor "It's in our DNA"

This behaviour will only continue until he faces serious consequences for his actions, but he won’t because he has the potential to make people too much money and surrounds himself by people who depend on him to live and are “yes” men.

He has plenty of cash and 2 young babies to be looking after. Out of anyone I feel bad for Dee, hopefully she has enough sense to ditch him soon enough
    She's made her bed. If she has any brain it'll be a comfortable one to get the kid(s) away from him whenever it happens.

Two posts kinda relevant to what I was saying. People asking how someone could ever blow through X/2X/a million X dollars. Simple enough, how much does he control? Would he be able to buy a second hand car in cash tomorrow without asking someone? It's not in a current account with his name on it. How much is? I very much doubt that if he's buying eh, grey-market goods on a regular basis that he'd be paying a discounted rate (whenever it may be called in). Once he's shown a headline and everything is handed to him he'll tear through thousands upon thousands a day.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,790 Mod ✭✭✭✭riffmongous

So we can look forward to a one off special episode of Dog the Bounty Hunter when Conor breaks his bail conditions?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,442 ✭✭✭LollipopJimmy

She's made her bed. If she has any brain it'll be a comfortable one to get the kid(s) away from him whenever it happens.

Two posts kinda relevant to what I was saying. People asking how someone could ever blow through X/2X/a million X dollars. Simple enough, how much does he control? Would he be able to buy a second hand car in cash tomorrow without asking someone? It's not in a current account with his name on it. How much is? I very much doubt that if he's buying eh, grey-market goods on a regular basis that he'd be paying a discounted rate (whenever it may be called in). Once he's shown a headline and everything is handed to him he'll tear through thousands upon thousands a day.

Bail must be paid in cash, it's actually quite difficult to get cash out of banks, even when it's your own. Even if he had a few mill in a current account he still has no way of getting the cash in America.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

Is there a reason is has to be in cash? Seems pretty odd in this day and age.

• Advertisement

Billy86 wrote: »
    Is there a reason is has to be in cash? Seems pretty odd in this day and age.

Bank transfers can be cancelled, cheques can bounce, cryptocurrency fluctuates.

Once you hand someone a stack of cash, they have it.

I was under the impression that even if you have the cash on hand it still has to be a bail bondsman is go pays the bail money in certain states.

Some more footage from the bus incident released.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,349 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

Rose was just on Ariel's show, said that only the bus was reversing, the dolly was coming through her window.

He's damn lucky there wasn't more injuries.

Flippin right.

Would you want to be the 155lb fella that stoved Pat Barry's girl's head in?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,378 ✭✭✭BuilderPlumber

After the recent incident, I guess all one can say is this is Conor McGregor being The Notorious!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,246 ✭✭✭ardinn

On a positive note - I just looked at rondas wrestlemania debut - She looks Hot af!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,246 ✭✭✭ardinn

That Ali chap is some spoon. At around 3hr17m or so he says that Owen Roddy was throwing bins at the bus, called him a bitch, and when Ariel tries to tell him he is mistaken, he won't hear a bit of it............

• Registered Users Posts: 39,420 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

That Ali chap is some spoon. At around 3hr17m or so he says that Owen Roddy was throwing bins at the bus, called him a bitch, and when Ariel tries to tell him he is mistaken, he won't hear a bit of it...........

That's not really how the conversation went.

Ali said "Conor kickboxing coach"... he was referring to Cian Crowley. He didn't know his name, and Ariel mentioned Roddy first. Ali was sure the kickboxer was there, and Ariel was sure Roddy wasn't.

They were both right.

Edit:
    Ali is a weasel though, but in this case the blame lies solely elsewhere.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,604 ✭✭✭dave1982

haha Conor posting family photo on his twitter

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement