Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Official Conor McGregor thread (part 5) *Read Mod Note in Post 1*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,760 ✭✭✭Effects

threw a 25kg lump of metal through a bus window.

Stop making stuff up. It didn't go through the window.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,663 ✭✭✭JoeyJJ

This isn't football and the whole of the ball over the line etc.

Ray Borg defo will be suing Mcgregor he mentioned his payday being affected and his new child.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,682 ✭✭✭monty_python

http://www.punditarena.com/mma/jmurphy/mayweather-vs-mcgregor-ii-will-happen-octagon-bizarre-modified-rules-forbes/

Pumdit arena and others sites reporting McGregor v Mayweather 2 in the octagon with modifications to the rules

No kicks, no take downs, no knees, no elbows. The clinch will be allowed

• Registered Users Posts: 419 ✭✭TJ Mackie

http://www.punditarena.com/mma/jmurphy/mayweather-vs-mcgregor-ii-will-happen-octagon-bizarre-modified-rules-forbes/

Pumdit arena and others sites reporting McGregor v Mayweather 2 in the octagon with modifications to the rules

So it's a boxing match then. Didn't we already have that?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,246 ✭✭✭ardinn

So is a boxing match with a clinch? Ridiculous!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 56,471 ✭✭✭✭walshb

4 oz gloves I hear...

Yeh, as if Floyd would allow this....

• Registered Users Posts: 12,860 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

walshb wrote: »
    4 oz gloves I hear...

Yeah its not happening. Even the clinch means Floyd is getting ko'd.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,169 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatFromHue

Isn't pundit arena the site that just makes stuff up?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,682 ✭✭✭monty_python

walshb wrote: »
    4 oz gloves I hear...

And no shoes

• Registered Users Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

CatFromHue wrote: »
    Isn't pundit arena the site that just makes stuff up?
    No it's the one that hires students to turn tweets into full articles....like 90% of all internet sites thesedays

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,797 ✭✭✭✭hatrickpatrick

Says even civil suits wont cost very much as the injuries were not severe.

Loss of earnings though, from the cancelled bouts directly resulting from the bus attack?

ardinn wrote: »
    So is a boxing match with a clinch? Ridiculous!

So just like the first fight but no one to break up the clinch. Sounds really entertaining.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

Only way I watch McGregor Mayweather again is if the ref is Mario Yamasaki

Loss of earnings though, from the cancelled bouts directly resulting from the bus attack?

Chiesa $41,000
    Borg $130,000

Not that huge an amount.

JoeyJJ wrote: »
    Ray Borg defo will be suing Mcgregor he mentioned his payday being affected and his new child.

His kid wasn't even on the bus FFS.

Effects wrote: »
    His kid wasn't even on the bus FFS.

His child needs daddy to buy food, provide a home. Money doesn’t fall from trees

Daddy gets money by fighting

• Registered Users Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

Loss of earnings & emotional upset.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,464 ✭✭✭Ultimate Seduction

Effects wrote: »
    Chiesa $41,000
    Borg $130,000

Not that huge an amount.

Borg is on 130k?? Presume it's 65 win an 65 to show? How in earth is he on that kind of money

• Registered Users Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

His child needs daddy to buy food, provide a home. Money doesn’t fall from trees

Daddy gets money by fighting

All the fighters pulled from the card got paid already. They will be able to reschedule fights for the extreme near future too, something they otherwise wouldn’t have been able to do. So double pay check opportunity

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,853 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

One time I 100% believe and agree with Dana.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

I don't think it's true either but I do think that if he gets anything close to a 12 month ban from the UFC, he will fight in some capacity elsewhere as I just can't see him sitting out for another full year when he could earn a fortune under another banner, be that promoted by himself, or jointly with Mayweather or Zuffa. Which is the dilemma for the UFC. Do they give give him a long ban to show that they have some respect for their other fighters and employees and won't stand for another fighter putting them in danger (and thereby retain some credibility as a sport) or do they just give him a short six month ban and have him return at the end of the year so they can continue to try and recoup some of the money they've shelled out for the company.

My guess is it will be the latter.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,293 ✭✭✭billybonkers

The UFC won't ban him at all, they probably won't say anything on it until after he court date either

I don't think it's true either but I do think that if he gets anything close to a 12 month ban from the UFC, he will fight in some capacity elsewhere as I just can't see him sitting out for another full year when he could earn a fortune under another banner, be that promoted by himself, or jointly with Mayweather or Zuffa. Which is the dilemma for the UFC. Do they give give him a long ban to show that they have some respect for their other fighters and employees and won't stand for another fighter putting them in danger (and thereby retain some credibility as a sport) or do they just give him a short six month ban and have him return at the end of the year so they can continue to try and recoup some of the money they've shelled out for the company.

My guess is it will be the latter.

Maybe in New York but the UFC aren't going to ban him at all. They'd have him fight next month if he would agree terms

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,683 ✭✭✭Subcomandante Marcos

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    One time I 100% believe and agree with Dana.

I was about to post "definitely happening so :pac:" for the craic but yeah, one of the rare moments where I actually believe Dana.

Ye believed him when he said the boxing match wasn't happening aswell. It's like deja vu.

Dana was the guy who said "punches, kicks, knees, elbows. We'll start there and add or subtract during negotiations" prior to the first fight. But now a hybrid fight is the 'dumbest ****' he ever heard.

He also said the Mayweather fight would never happen period.

He says a lot of things. Sometimes he's plain lying, sometimes he changes his mind, sometimes he's not the one making the decisions. I wouldn't put too much stock in what he says either way.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,797 ✭✭✭✭hatrickpatrick

Can a State Athletic Commission ban someone for actions taken when a fighter isn't directly involved in promoting an upcoming fight? For instance, there were rumours that Nevada SAC could potentially have banned him for the bottle throwing incidents at 202, but I'm wondering could the NYSAC come in and say "we're banning him from fighting in New York in any capacity for X amount of time, as a consequence of the bus incident"?

And if the latter is possible, is it limited to the state in which the incident happened? Could the Nevada commission say "we're going to ban him for X amount of time because of what he did in New York"?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

Sorry if this was mentioned already as I cannot be bothered to read through the thread but Conor will deffo be sued by the bus company the guy who got cut(maybe others on the bus I'm not 100% positive on that) and more than likely by the UFC for loss of earnings as they cancelled the fight which would have made them millions.

All in all a very foolish thing to do by Conor. I still have no idea why he done that. If he ran in and jump thumped the window and shouted abuse at the people on the bus then it would be entertaining for his fans but grab a heavy dolly and throw that was just crazy. And if my emmory serves me correct he was fined once for throwing a water bottle so what was he thinking throwing that. His net worth will take a massive hammering.

• Advertisement

Sorry if this was mentioned already as I cannot be bothered to read through the thread but Conor will deffo be sued by the bus company the guy who got cut(maybe others on the bus I'm not 100% positive on that) and more than likely by the UFC for loss of earnings as they cancelled the fight which would have made them millions.

All in all a very foolish thing to do by Conor. I still have no idea why he done that. If he ran in and jump thumped the window and shouted abuse at the people on the bus then it would be entertaining for his fans but grab a heavy dolly and throw that was just crazy. And if my emmory serves me correct he was fined once for throwing a water bottle so what was he thinking throwing that. His net worth will take a massive hammering.

The event did better than expected. UFC won't sue the man who makes there money. Sue him he won't fight again

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement