If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Soundbar - Present for myself from Herself

Options
  • 12-12-2017 5:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11,504 ✭✭✭✭

Hey guys,

So, I bought my Hisense 55m7000 back in May from you and I absolutely love it! It's been rock solid and you were fantastic.

Now that I've got the back-patting out of the way, I want to upgrade the sound and a soundbar looks to be the best option (although I'm open to correction?)

Requirements:
    • Budget is MAX €200, if we can come under this (around €160) then that keeps everyone happy
    • Low profile desired, but not essential
    • Max width = our cabinet is about the width of the TV (edge to edge)
    • Wired to TV, but minimal wires to make it look clean. I'm worried about wireless interference and stuttering/popping sound. If this isn't an issue, please correct me!
    • Not a brand snob, I just go with best bang-for-buck
    • Delivery essential!
    [*]

Is there anything else I'm missing? Current setup is (all connected via HDMI):
    • TV
    • PS4
    • Nintendo Switch
    • Virgin cable TV box

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

DirkVoodoo wrote: »
    Hey guys,

So, I bought my Hisense 55m7000 back in May from you and I absolutely love it! It's been rock solid and you were fantastic.

Now that I've got the back-patting out of the way, I want to upgrade the sound and a soundbar looks to be the best option (although I'm open to correction?)

Requirements:
    • Budget is MAX €200, if we can come under this (around €160) then that keeps everyone happy
    • Wired to TV, but minimal wires to make it look clean. I'm worried about wireless interference and stuttering/popping sound. If this isn't an issue, please correct me!
    • Delivery essential!

[*]

• TV
    • PS4
    • Nintendo Switch
    • Virgin cable TV box

[*]
    Dirk,

many thanks for the post and apologies for the delay getting back to you..

Great to hear that your Hisense is brill - I'm a great ambassador for the brand when it comes to performance V's price - the only issue we have at the moment is getting our grubby paws on enough of them!

Not a brand snob - Ideal, that leave the stage right open and I can give you 2 different ideas - If you like your Bass  and a slim-line bar with a separate wireless sub then have a look at the Steljes Erato Sounbar - like the Hisense in terms of value these are hard to beat:
    http://www.richersounds.ie/p-202989-400477.aspx

If you wanted a soundbar from a more established manufacturer (albeit one that's not that well known on this side of the pond) I'd highly recommend the Polk Signa Solo:
    http://www.richersounds.ie/p-202966-polk-signa-solo.aspx

This is a stand-alone soundbar with built in subs - the sound quality and additional detail with the Signa Solo is just superb and that would be my preference every day of the week! Its currently just £129 / €169 ( but it will be reduced to €149 later today :) and the Euro price includes shipping as well) 

Thanks again - check these out and don't hesitate to drop me a line if I can assist in anyway,

ATVB,
    John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 11,504 ✭✭✭✭DirkVoodoo

Hey guys,

Requirements:
    • Delivery essential!

[*]

• TV
    • PS4
    • Nintendo Switch
    • Virgin cable TV box

[*]
    Dirk,

Great to hear that your Hisense is brill - I'm a great ambassador for the brand when it comes to performance V's price - the only issue we have at the moment is getting our grubby paws on enough of them!

Not a brand snob - Ideal, that leave the stage right open and I can give you 2 different ideas - If you like your Bass  and a slim-line bar with a separate wireless sub then have a look at the Steljes Erato Sounbar - like the Hisense in terms of value these are hard to beat:

If you wanted a soundbar from a more established manufacturer (albeit one that's not that well known on this side of the pond) I'd highly recommend the Polk Signa Solo:

This is a stand-alone soundbar with built in subs - the sound quality and additional detail with the Signa Solo is just superb and that would be my preference every day of the week! Its currently just £129 / €169 ( but it will be reduced to €149 later today :) and the Euro price includes shipping as well) 

Thanks again - check these out and don't hesitate to drop me a line if I can assist in anyway,

ATVB,
    John Mc & Crew

[*]
    Thanks John! I'm going to go for the Polk so.

One issue: The price has indeed changed from £149 to £129...but the euro price hasn't. It's still locked at €169!!! I hope it doesn't sell out before you guys read this and correct the site.

It's going to be a sleepless night :)

• Company Representative Posts: 17,282 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

Hey guys,

Requirements:
    • Delivery essential!

[*]

• TV
    • PS4
    • Nintendo Switch
    • Virgin cable TV box

[*]
    Dirk,

ATVB,
    John Mc & Crew

[*]
    Thanks John! I'm going to go for the Polk so.

One issue: The price has indeed changed from £149 to £129...but the euro price hasn't. It's still locked at €169!!! I hope it doesn't sell out before you guys read this and correct the site.

It's going to be a sleepless night :)
    [*]
    Hey Dirk.

Seems it still has not changed this morning.

If you want to drop me your contact number we can give you a call and process it at the 149.00 Euro price for you.

Hey guys,

I sent a PM but we never got any call. I've sent another one there now, hopefully we can get this bought and paid for so it's delivered in time for Christmas.

Thanks again for all your help.

Hey guys,

I sent a PM but we never got any call. I've sent another one there now, hopefully we can get this bought and paid for so it's delivered in time for Christmas.

Thanks again for all your help.
    PM sent.

• Advertisement

...and ordered!

Christmas is going to sound amazing this year, thank you very much!

...and ordered!

Christmas is going to sound amazing this year, thank you very much!
    Cheers DirkVoodoo.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,843 ✭✭✭sparrowcar

Kenny,

Any idea how long this price and model will run for?

Cheers

sparrowcar wrote: »
    Kenny,

Cheers
    Hey Sparrowcar.

I'm not sure as our pricing can change twice daily to try and stay ahead of our competitors.

How long are you looking it to hold?

Kenny,

Cheers
    Hey Sparrowcar.

I'm not sure as our pricing can change twice daily to try and stay ahead of our competitors.

Only just started researching today. Prob will be early Jan at this stage when I see the state of affairs after Xmas. 

• Advertisement
  • Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

Kenny,

Cheers
    Hey Sparrowcar.

Only just started researching today. Prob will be early Jan at this stage when I see the state of affairs after Xmas. 
    No probs - keep us posted and we will do our very best to assist when you are ready :)

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

Hi lads I'm back again after some Xmas research.

Just wondering if the polk is still in stock and what is the best you can do delivered to Swords, Dublin?

Cheers

Hi lads I'm back again after some Xmas research.

Just wondering if the polk is still in stock and what is the best you can do delivered to Swords, Dublin?

Cheers
    Hi Sparrowcar.

The Polk Signa S1 is currently priced at £169 with £6.99 shipping
    http://www.richersounds.ie/p-13050-signa-s1.aspx?swapstore=1

I could go £160 including deliver.

Hi Sparrowcar.

Thanks but it was the signa solo as quoted in the first few posts on this thread?

Hi Sparrowcar.

Thanks but it was the signa solo as quoted in the first few posts on this thread?
    I do apologies Sparrowcar.

The Polk Signa Solo is also still available and in stock priced at £129.00. I could offer free shipping on this one for you.
    http://www.richersounds.ie/p-202966-400165.aspx

The Polk Signa Solo is also still available and in stock priced at £129.00. I could offer free shipping on this one for you.

Grand I'll go with that so. What do you need from me?

Grand I'll go with that so. What do you need from me?
    Hey Sparrowcar.

If you drop me your contact number in a PM then we can give you a call for some details.

Ordered the signa solo, thanks lads and sorry Dirk for hijacking your thread:)

Ordered the signa solo, thanks lads and sorry Dirk for hijacking your thread:)
    Thanks for the order sparrowcar!

No worries, forgot to ask, what company does the deliveries?

Edit : Disregard, found it.

• Advertisement

No worries, forgot to ask, what company does the deliveries?

Edit : Disregard, found it.
    Hey Sparrowcar.

No problem at all.

It is DPD that we use for the majority of our delivers but some that ship direct from our main warehouse are sent via Aramex.

Hey Sparrowcar.

No problem at all.

It is DPD that we use for the majority of our delivers but some that ship direct from our main warehouse are sent via Aramex.

Arrived today, excellent service by the lads. Many thanks, delighted with the soundbar.

Hey Sparrowcar.

No problem at all.

Arrived today, excellent service by the lads. Many thanks, delighted with the soundbar.
    Thanks for the post sparrowcar! Glad you're happy with the soundbar!

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.