Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gameweek 17 MD Thread.

1192021222325»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,885 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

64 with no hits despite a Kane (c) fail.

Defensive master class. DDG and Otemendi continuing their impressive form along side a lucky CS from Christensen and an even luckier one from Kenny (my FT this week) who came off the bench for Mee.

16 points for Silva who I had lined up to sell several weeks ago until Pogba got his red card.

UP from 23k OR to 11K

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

26(-8) huge 250k drop down to 370k and massive damage in all paid leagues. Gw rank of 5.3 million assume that doesn't factor in pt hits so in reality its worse than that. Thank god for swiper. I would have been 50 pts better off with the free hit team I was thinking of playing. Well maybe 42 as I'd have needed an 8 pt hit this week to sort my team. It shows that its the most valuable chip and people need to remember you are playing against yourself with that chip. I think the assumption the blank week is the week it needs to be played has to be questioned. I'm not sure the gains from the team you would have had have the same ceiling as in certain other weeks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭tailgunner

42 (-16). Picked a good week for the massive hit!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Dropped around 65,000 - down to 240k from 175k with 42.

Genuinely shocked I dropped at all with that score, but it is what it is.

Hopefully just a blip after 7 greens in a row.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Truly awful week. 37 (-12). Had I not taken a hit I would have scored 25 so it broke even.

How Liverpool drew 0-0 at home to WBA will be one of the mysteries that stays with me for ever.

On the bright side, my team is far stronger going into the weekend and I have cleared out alot of deadwood.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

km79 wrote: »
    GW rank 4.6 ml
    This is becoming the rules rather than the exception

80 PTS behind league leader now

I know you’re probably sick of hearing this, but that’s extremely manageable.

I was over 100 points behind a month ago and had it down to 20 odd prior to this gameweek.

Back to 50 odd now after this disaster but just shows how a big lead can be clawed back. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,703 ✭✭✭Cartman78

28 (-4).

Richarlison assist and clean sheets for Salah and Coutinho (C) my only 'scores'.

A total clusterfcuk from every angle - now have 5 players injury flagged, and somehow have Crouch in my squad as well :cool:

Fall of ~200K to 337K and my lead in main money league has gone....main rival has DDG, Dilva and flippin Willian :eek:

And obviously out of the cup to some guy that has made 60 transfers, ranked 5 million+, has all chips used and captained Diouf this week

• Registered Users Posts: 2,752 ✭✭✭Thepoet85

Has there ever been a game week when so many of us have been below the average score?

A week to forget for the vast majority of us.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

Final adjustments have given me a final score of 56, and have bought me inside the top 300k, my highest all season. Also through to the next round of the cup, 56-50.

Aguero/Jesus who?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 738 ✭✭✭Gaillimh1976

Out of the cup to a week 2 zombie team with Willian and KdB in it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

For everyone who got knocked out of the cup spare a thought for me. I didn't even make it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,254 ✭✭✭✭km79

Paully D wrote: »
    I know you’re probably sick of hearing this, but that’s extremely manageable.

I was over 100 points behind a month ago and had it down to 20 odd prior to this gameweek.

Back to 50 odd now after this disaster but just shows how a big lead can be clawed back. :)

True but the problem is so many have now passed me
    The top 10 is very tight now
    3 that missedthe deadline passed me
    The usual ****e !!!!
    These were supposed to be the weeks that helped us gain ground
    A full squad of starters passed by one with Rangel Romeu and depoitre as the bench

It’s all a lottery
    No amount of planning will help

I regret taking the hits in Advance

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,277 ✭✭✭danganabu

km79 wrote: »

It’s all a lottery
    No amount of planning will help

This is simply not true, its simply variance and luck will inevitably even itself out over a period of time, all you can do is to keep making the best and most informed decisions and your 'luck' will change just as those who are ahead of you despite doing nothing or doing redicilous things that keep working out will evenutualy run out of 'luck'.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,293 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

43 (-4)

Red arrows

Knocked out of the cup to a dead team full of Brighton players

Carry on !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,649 ✭✭✭greedygoblin

My 45 gives me a red arrow & a drop from 37k to 47k.

My cup rival beat me with a score of 63; double Utd defence & Aguero captain. He was ranked ~1.7m. Tis an improvement on last year I suppose. At least I qualified.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,254 ✭✭✭✭km79

danganabu wrote: »
    This is simply not true, its simply variance and luck will inevitably even itself out over a period of time, all you can do is to keep making the best and most informed decisions and your 'luck' will change just as those who are ahead of you despite doing nothing or doing redicilous things that keep working out will evenutualy run out of 'luck'.

2 people (at least) have missed both Friday deadline and both midweek deadlines
    Onw of them is 40 points ahead having also captained lukaku every week gw1-14
    The other moved 10 pts ahead of me this week

They will no doubt enjoy their 2 Fts this weekend

So they have already missed 1/4 of the GW deadlines .
    Can’t wai for their luck to change . Season is nearly half over

• Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

31 (-4)

I can't quite bring myself to write off the entire season and go full on Prodston Punting, just yet, but the time is coming closer!

I'll be doing well to stay under 800k once the rankings update I'm guessing.

:pac:

Ever the optimistic eh?

Fell to 1.017 million :o

Although it was the first time having a GW rank over 5 million.

Imagine where I'd be if I didn't take a hit to get Kenny and Coutinho in? Well let's crunch the numbers: I'm 4 points better off, so that's a positive huh?

Advertisement