Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Have you done away with Webtext?

Options
  • 12-12-2017 8:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,778 ✭✭✭

Since changing to Eir and having problems with the accessing the website now I'm finding the myeir website really difficult to navigate.  Either it's not working properly or I'm an idiot.  Could you screenshot where I should find the webtext button/link?  Also the only bit which shows up properly is the initial page of the dashboard showing the bill amount and usage.  If I click on anything else I get the 4 column menu with a black background and it seems to freeze.

Yours faithfully 

Desperate from Kilkenny

Comments

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 10,518 Mod ✭✭✭✭5uspect

How are you accessing the website? On your phone or a computer? What browser are you using.

I just checked on Safari on an iPhone and there’s an envelope icon at the top right as soon as you login.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,778 ✭✭✭up for anything

I'm accessing it on my laptop just like I used to do the old mymeteor site and myeir up till a month or so ago.  

The envelop icon is for email.  I'm trying to find the webtext - you get 300 national texts and 100 international texts for free on it every calendar month.  It's excellent for sending long texts quickly I find.  

There was a link called webtext which appeared from time to time for the first few weeks but it's disappeared completely now and it was not always there.  The whole myeir seems unusable. 

• Registered Users Posts: 781 ✭✭✭davyboy1975

I'm accessing it on my laptop just like I used to do the old mymeteor site and myeir up till a month or so ago.  

The envelop icon is for email.  I'm trying to find the webtext - you get 300 national texts and 100 international texts for free on it every calendar month.  It's excellent for sending long texts quickly I find.  

There was a link called webtext which appeared from time to time for the first few weeks but it's disappeared completely now and it was not always there.  The whole myeir seems unusable. 

The myeir app works fine if you want to send webtexts from your phone

I know what web text are and they're still there:
    https://imgur.com/O353h9L
    Under the envelope icon on both Desktop and Mobile.

Maybe there is an issue with your browser. 

Apologies, I didn't mean to patronise you, 5uspect.

You're onto something with the browsers.  Webtext are there when I log on in Internet Explorer but not in Chrome which is my regular browser.  That's a complete pain in the A as I detest using IE even for random bits.  See the screenshots attached.

Thanks, Davyboy.  My phone is limping along and I've gotten to the stage where to download an app I have to delete three and the reason I use the webtext is when I need to send a long involved text I can touch type a million words a minute on the laptop (may be an exaggeration) but sending a long text by phone wrecks my head.

• Advertisement

5uspect wrote: »
    Thank you.  It appears all that was needed was to clear the caches etc.  I didn't know that they could send a website wonky.  This is a newish to me laptop and coincidentally I'd just downloaded cccleaner but not yet used it.  Thanks again. 

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭eir: Adam

Thank you.  It appears all that was needed was to clear the caches etc.  I didn't know that they could send a website wonky.  This is a newish to me laptop and coincidentally I'd just downloaded cccleaner but not yet used it.  Thanks again. 
    Hi,

Glad to hear you got this sorted :)

- Adam

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭eir: Adam

Hi 5uspect,

Thanks for the assistance with this :)

- Adam

Be very wary of CCleaner.

https://www.extremetech.com/computing/256000-hackers-hid-malware-ccleaner-nearly-month

• Advertisement

Is nothing sacred any more.  I only downloaded it yesterday so it's the newest version but I'll get rid of it just in case.  The last couple of nights I had problems with my keyboard... two nights ago my caps shift key was producing 'i's on one side and '!'s on the other and then a few random capitals.  It seemed cured by morning and then I had cursor problems the next evening.  Wondering what tonight will produce. :eek:

Advertisement