Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Student Loan Application

Options
  • 12-12-2017 8:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hi, 
    I applied for a 1% Student Loan of value €1000 on 3 Dec 2017. It says on the BOI website I should have gotten a response within 24hrs. I didn't back from BOI and I ended up tweeting you & getting a number to call on 7 Dec 2017. I had given an email address that wasn't the original email on my bank details so the loan didn't go through & I'd to reapply on that day - 7 Dec 2017. I received a phone call today 12 Dec 2017 asking me for some further details and I was told a form would be sent to my home address & my email address but I wasn't told when I would receive this. 

I just want to know when should I receive said form in my email address & when should I find out if my loan has been accepted or not? I had applied in advance of when I would need the money for rent but the deadline is approaching because each section of this application is taking at least 2/3 working days rather than the 24hrs advertised online.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 266 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Jane

Hi, 
    I applied for a 1% Student Loan of value €1000 on 3 Dec 2017. It says on the BOI website I should have gotten a response within 24hrs. I didn't back from BOI and I ended up tweeting you & getting a number to call on 7 Dec 2017. I had given an email address that wasn't the original email on my bank details so the loan didn't go through & I'd to reapply on that day - 7 Dec 2017. I received a phone call today 12 Dec 2017 asking me for some further details and I was told a form would be sent to my home address & my email address but I wasn't told when I would receive this. 

I just want to know when should I receive said form in my email address & when should I find out if my loan has been accepted or not? I had applied in advance of when I would need the money for rent but the deadline is approaching because each section of this application is taking at least 2/3 working days rather than the 24hrs advertised online.
    Hi Ismiseannarose,

Welcome to Boards, and thanks for your post.

We'd usually get back to you as soon as we can with a decision when you apply for a loan although sometimes this can take longer. We'd advise that you check your Spam folder and Junk Mail as some e-mails we send you may come through to these folders.

If the documents have been sent by post, we'd usually advise 3-5 business days, factoring in your areas postal service and Christmas time, this may take longer.

We're sorry you haven't received your documents sooner as expected. Please get back to us if you need anything else.

Thanks again, Jane

Advertisement