Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Snow-ice Warning for Ireland 13 / 14 Dec 2017

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

There looks to be another batch of EC off the west coast and likely to track countrywide. Will probably be the best hope for later.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 7,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭pistolpetes11

Snow in last hour in Roscommon, Tuam and Portlaoise- Picture evidence if needed!

Portlaoise covered in Snow , Cashel got a bit lying on the road and two what looked to be big accidents ,

Got to Portarlington , Since Cashel temp on the Jeep was 0c and is still that way now in Portarlington

There best be snow in Newbridge when I get home , must of been heave wet snow in Portlaoise as everything was covered , Road signs , Trees , Walls , Cars Roads !

b2ZnY1.png

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,005 ✭✭✭pilly

Where's all our forecasters today? I love their maps and analysis?

• Registered Users Posts: 545 ✭✭✭ravydavygravy

Snowing for ~40 mins in Kilcullen, Kildare, some heavy flurries. Sticking (just)

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,858 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

turning back to rain/sleet again, this is far too marginal.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

Sleet snow

Newcastle Dublin

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,043 ✭✭✭George Sunsnow

Entrance to Croghan wind farm on the Wicklow Wexford border about a half hour ago
    Let me know if you can view as Jeep radio was on and the YouTube sent it for extra processing as a result

https://youtu.be/tmIQPCCeiN0

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,858 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

and back to cold, cold rain, this is one horrible dirty evening.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,177 ✭✭✭pad199207

Still snowing lightly in Naas. A dusting on cars and grass

• Registered Users Posts: 8,219 ✭✭✭Gaoth Laidir

Had heavy rain with about 10% WSF (Windscreen Splodge Factor) in Tallaght (105 m) a little while ago. Back down to 0%-WSF rain now

• Advertisement

Brutal

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭grenouille1966

Snowing lightly in Blanchardstown, Dublin 15....

• Registered Users Posts: 48,212 ✭✭✭✭km79

I’ll take mild Muck over this cold muck anyday

• Registered Users Posts: 8,913 ✭✭✭Danno

After snowing earlier for a few minutes, precipitation eased back to light or very light and returned to rain along with a 1c rise in temperatures. Back down below 2.5c again now, but no precipitation despite the very heavy skies.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,242 ✭✭✭ongarite

Absolutely appalling evening for commuting in Dublin West, Meath.
    Heavy sleet giving poor visibility with lots of surface water and cold as f*ck too

Best chance for greater Dublin off next blob due around 8pm

hirlamuk-1-8-0.png?13-16

• Registered Users Posts: 23,677 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

Mix of rain, sleet and snow in North Dublin. Clearing.

Ballyfad 5 miles west of Arklow about a half hour ago

https://youtu.be/_gxmN-9DkB0

• Registered Users Posts: 21,911 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

Stopped here in Portlaoise now , roads in slush , drive safe everyone please , some people driving too fast .

• Registered Users Posts: 14,273 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

It’s hilarious when you see these charts and usually Cork is either completely clear or else covered in just horrible rain :-P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,235 ✭✭✭Oneiric 3

An almost continuous band of rain/hail/sleet showers that is really totting up the prep totals now. Never very heavy though at any one point.

New Moon

• Registered Users Posts: 579 ✭✭✭Soccarboy11

leahyl wrote: »
    It’s hilarious when you see these charts and usually Cork is either completely clear or else covered in just horrible rain :-P

Its very windy, so at least we have *something* haha

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,466 Mod ✭✭✭✭mickger844posts

Sleet here in Waterford City, Temp 3.2 DP 2.1c

www.waterfordcityweather.com

• Registered Users Posts: 6,112 ✭✭✭Elmer Blooker

leahyl wrote: »
    No different here- just horrible rain, I can't even get sleet at 1c.
    It only snows from an easterly here so I'd say the next snowfall is due in about 50 years!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,589 ✭✭✭✭sryanbruen

It only snows from an easterly here so I'd say the next snowfall is due in about 50 years!

I can perfectly get snow from northerlies or northwesterlies just as much. It's just a matter of the setup being just right.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,985 ✭✭✭BLIZZARD7

Yeah probably, the last snowfall was December 1967 afterall.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,996 ✭✭✭✭gozunda

Dropped from 6.5C at around 12.00pm to 1.5C at 3.10pm

After 1.00pm became very dark with torrential rain turning to sleet and then snow.

Winds increasing in strenght with driven sleet / snow from NNW at 3.30pm. Bitterly cold.

Winds still gusting- current temperature 1.0C.

North Cork / Limerick / Tipperary border. 130M ASL

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,949 Mod ✭✭✭✭Meteorite58

Continuation of showers of various types of precipitation and a more organised band making its way onto the W coast to cross the country during the evening as mentioned above.

a13gIGO.png

OApCETz.gif

LMGOfGs.gif

tempresult_ozn9.gif

tempresult_ufw5.gif

Flash of lightning from a distant shower seen here near Arklow a few mins ago

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 48,212 ✭✭✭✭km79

Advertisement