Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Snow-ice Warning for Ireland 13 / 14 Dec 2017

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,169 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

Showers not as intense as earlier here in West Clare, however the wind is extremely gusty! Max gust of 39kts from North West here in West Clare, and I'm massively sheltered from the North West!

Interestingly, Dublin airports TAF has a chance of snow showers from 6pm-9pm.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,597 ✭✭✭corsav6

Flash of lightning from a distant shower seen here near Arklow a few mins ago

Same here in Newport, Mayo. Had a few hail showers in Castlebar around 4pm but no sign here at home.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,219 ✭✭✭Gaoth Laidir

JCX BXC wrote: »
    Showers not as intense as earlier here in West Clare, however the wind is extremely gusty! Max gust of 39kts from North West here in West Clare, and I'm massively sheltered from the North West!

Interestingly, Dublin airports TAF has a chance of snow showers from 6pm-9pm.

It is only an off-chance PROB30.

Casement (93 m) has a slightly higher PROB40 chance that sleet showers will turn to overnight, though I'd be surprised to see any really. It's raining at Knock and we're not likely do dry out enough to give anything of note at low levels.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,949 Mod ✭✭✭✭Meteorite58

Big squally hail shower hopping off the window here near Tralee. Rough night out there. Some form of snow or sleet making it's way across the country.

jXqB8Ez.png?1

RBgP83W.png

• Registered Users Posts: 6,112 ✭✭✭Elmer Blooker

sryanbruen wrote: »
    I can perfectly get snow from northerlies or northwesterlies just as much. It's just a matter of the setup being just right.
    When? Only once in my life have I seen snow from a northerly and that was just after Christmas 2000, I did see a lot of sleet on Christmas Day 2004 and that's about it. The heavy snowfall at the end of Feb 2001 was a n'easterly.
    Other than that - sweet f a.

1.0c here at the moment. Clear with a lot of cirrus.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 695 ✭✭✭beefburrito

Heavy sleet in Corofin Co Clare
    And some fireworks.
    I drove up to the highest point near Lough Inchiquinn and it started to drop heavy flakes,but it was a flash in the pan....

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,949 Mod ✭✭✭✭Meteorite58

Drifting :pac:

JK419qd.jpg?1

• Registered Users Posts: 2,239 ✭✭✭Jimbob1977

Flash of lightening in Clarina, County Limerick.

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭ElWalrus

Lightning and hail/rain with strong gusts here near ennis. 4 or 5 flashes couple of min apart

• Registered Users Posts: 18,996 ✭✭✭✭gozunda

Sleet / hail hammering off the window. Winds gusting strongly atm. Not a nice night out...

North Cork / Tipperary / Limerick border. 130m ASL.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

Gonzo--- what is falling now ?

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭noobsnow95

Thunder and Lightning here in Limerick city, followed by heavy hail shower.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

Light sleet falling here in north meath, bitterly cold

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

noobsnow95 wrote: »

Yeah it's crazy! Thought it was the wind until i saw a big flash

• Registered Users Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭James Bond Junior

noobsnow95 wrote: »

Few big cracks alright. Pretty gusty too.

There are snow conditions are Dub Air... 1.0c and -0.3

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭Periscal

just drove from work in Tallaght about an hour ago to a pleasant surprise that we have lying snow of about an inch in Hollywood,Co.Wicklow,more then in Brittas or Blessington which is a nice, these W or NW are always great for us in West Wicklow,most of the time showers turn to snow as they hit Kildare/Wicklow border, ideally we need at least another -2 lower 850hPa to stick everywhere including roads and footpaths

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,858 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

Gonzo--- what is falling now ?

cold, cold rain. Ground is soaking and wind is raw.

Big squally hail shower hopping off the window here near Tralee. Rough night out there. Some form of snow or sleet making it's way across the country.RBgP83W.png
    That chart shows snow turning to sleet and then rain as less cold air moves in from the Atlantic.

• Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭onmebike

In Lucan, I'm seeing a temp of 1.7 and DP of -1.2

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 638 ✭✭✭ellieh1

Long loud rumbles of thunder here o the outskirts of Limerick city

Gonzo wrote: »
    cold, cold rain. Ground is soaking and wind is raw.

Really? jeepers! Good night:pac:

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,858 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

probably because it isn't heavy enough, just light cold rain.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,913 ✭✭✭Danno

Lightning near Ballacolla in Laois. Caused lights to flicker. http://en.blitzortung.org/live_dynamic_maps.php?map=12

heavy wet snow now all of a sudden, not sticking tho as it's far too wet.

When I saw Knock 3c and rain in the latest obs I thought that's that - Goodnight!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

Gonzo wrote: »
    heavy wet snow now all of a sudden, not sticking tho as it's far too wet.

Yeah same here

• Registered Users Posts: 1,985 ✭✭✭BLIZZARD7

Rain/sleet/ a few flakes coming down in coastal South Dublin.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,988 ✭✭✭jacksie66

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,685 ✭✭✭Mobhi1

There's some very light snow falling here now onto a very wet ground. It's 1.6C.

Advertisement