Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Homeland Season 7 [** Spoilers US Pace **]

• 12-12-2017 9:28pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,537 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Launch date and trailer for the next season.

Starts on February 11th.
    As the season begins, Carrie has left her job in the White House and moved back to D.C. and is living with her sister Maggie (Amy Hargreaves) to take on the Keane administration and secure the release of the 200.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,912 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Alway great to see Linus Roache in a show a fine actor.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,605 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

So have we Saul Vs. Carrie

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭Slydice

Yeah but do we though?!

7 seasons in... hrmmmm

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,521 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

I'm in, still interested in following the show.

Oh, and Costa Ronin from The Americans is part of Homeland s7. http://variety.com/2017/tv/news/homeland-season-7-cast-costa-ronin-1202635006/

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,521 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

:D:pac:

Some bloke, Howard Gordon, visited Oxford. Pretty good, though some more insightful questions would have been welcome.

• Advertisement

James D'Arcy ia joining the cast.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,795 ✭✭✭Hande hoche!

Delighted to see bargain bin Alex Jones is still a feature.

Delighted to see bargain bin Alex Jones is still a feature.

Oh, he's there all right. Slick promo time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,537 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Back tonight. Episode 1 seems to have leaked already.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,909 ✭✭✭Gwynplaine

I could only stomach 3 episodes of last series. Saul with his big constipated head on him. Carrie is just too annoying and erratic.

• Advertisement

Mr E wrote: »
    Back tonight. Episode 1 seems to have leaked already.

Technically not leaked it's available on the Showtime streaming site from 00;01am on Sunday morning for subscribers who may then indeed leak it to the wide. :pac:

Solid start building on last season and laying some groundwork for the season ahead.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,906 ✭✭✭✭astrofool

It usually takes 4 or so episodes to get going, so would expect the same this season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,318 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

It will be back on TV on Thursday. The proper way to watch a show that's made to be watched on TV. Watching a show on a computer over the internet is never as good. I know when I have the choice I chose TV every time.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,605 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

AMKC wrote: »
    It will be back on TV on Thursday. The proper way to watch a show that's made to be watched on TV. Watching a show on a computer over the internet is never as good. I know when I have the choice I chose TV every time.

RTE 2 this Thursday and Channel 4 on Sunday February the 18th at 9pm

You do know tv’s can get the internet these days it’s called streaming.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,468 ✭✭✭Heraldoffreeent

What sacrilege is this? Next you'll be telling us Earth is round..............

Ms

Ye I heard about that alright. Tried but it was too awkward and you need really good internet plus I love TV so I will always say TV is the best :)

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

Ye I heard about that alright. Tried but it was too awkward and you need really good internet plus I love TV so I will always say TV is the best :)

Guess you have never watched anything on a thing called Netflix then.

Ms

Guess you have never watched anything on a thing called Netflix then.

Not in a few years. I did try it in another family members house and did not like it. Can't see what all the fuss is about it's nothing special. Certainly not worth paying for.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭heebusjeebus

Nah traditional TV is terrible. You have to wait for the channel to air the show, and then you're subjected to ads!
    Far easier to just stream it to your device of choice.
    I use Plex and can watch my shows on my phone, tablet and even my tv.

• Advertisement
    Ms

Nah traditional TV is terrible. You have to wait for the channel to air the show, and then you're subjected to ads!
    Far easier to just stream it to your device of choice.
    I use Plex and can watch my shows on my phone, tablet and even my tv.

Not at all you just record the shows and watch them whenever you want and as for ads well I just fast forward by those.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,067 ✭✭✭✭fryup

Gwynplaine wrote: »
    Carrie is just too annoying and erratic.

the most stressed out woman on TV?? does she ever smile?

think that I've lost all interest in this show having watched all the previous ones.
    the current season's plotline seems boring and that cartoon character o'keefe is just awful.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,760 ✭✭✭Delta2113

Am I correct in thinking I saw a promo for RTE2 saying 'double bill' but they only showed one episode in the end last night?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,941 ✭✭✭krustydoyle

Delta2113 wrote: »
    Am I correct in thinking I saw a promo for RTE2 saying 'double bill' but they only showed one episode in the end last night?

Yeah I knew i wasnt going mad.. if they showed a double bill last night then they'd be ahead of the US so that was never happening

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,537 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

they normally start a season off with a double bill dont they? odd they didnt do it this season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,868 ✭✭✭dball

i think the US series gets a 1 week break due to some event around the same time every year and then we catch up - was there a double bill in the US this week?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

The end scene made that episode!

• Advertisement

Yeah I knew i wasnt going mad.. if they showed a double bill last night then they'd be ahead of the US so that was never happening

it was an extended length episode at pretty much an hour long before ads - not a double episode by any means though.

thought that it was an awful episode though.
    president getting a general killed in prison just seemed a step too far although it will probably turn out not to be her who ordered it or something. even then it's ridiculous. homeland was much better when having a heavy foreign element to it also -
    season 4 in Pakistan remains my favourite.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,082 ✭✭✭lukin

New season but Carrie is still a terrible parent it seems 😊.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,187 ✭✭✭jojofizzio

Slydice wrote: »
    The end scene made that episode!

Yep...was losing the will to live until that final scene!

7.01 - Uh oh, teenager alert. Anyway, it's still Homeland. I forgot some of the political stuff from last year. Only had to see O'Keefe hiding in the car to see how awful the performance is.

Hey Max. Good to see Dylan Baker too.

Another good ending.

• Advertisement

wtf
    a whole episode spent going over Carrie's laptop getting hacked by some IT nerd which has nothing to do with the supposed actual plot really

apparently the writer's changed the plot for this series (and end of last one) due to Trump getting in and the fake news stuff - bad move imo.

glasso wrote: »
    wtf
    a whole episode spent going over Carrie's laptop getting hacked by some IT nerd which has nothing to do with the supposed actual plot really

apparently the writer's changed the plot for this series (and end of last one) due to Trump getting in and the fake news stuff - bad move imo.

I have a feeling that
    nerd boy might appear later working for carrie

I have a feeling that

That’s my take on it anyway.

I have a feeling that

still - can hardly call that a good episode either, notwithstanding the usual refrain that it takes time for homeland to get going. 2 for 2.
    the whole 200 being suddenly released was a real volte face also

as an aside - don't think that much was missed with the judicious use of camera angles

video-undefined-182FE9C900000578-620_636x358.jpg

I... I can only see that episode contributing the hacker as a resource for her.

I was all like.. no don't click the photo.. then I was like.. ugh what why?!

then I was all.. this unsuspecting guy, she's gonna wreck him.. and then she did

and that was that

• Advertisement

Way to go Carrie girl; I love you :-).
    I was really disappointed she didn't kill that guy. She should have because he could easily have already copied her hard drive.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,321 ✭✭✭Brego888

I dislike how every season has to have a Carrie mental breakdown, where everyone disbelieves her before she eventually recovers and gets to work properly. We get it, she has bi polar which can lead to chaotic behaviour. It just feels like wasted plot time.
    Get her bloody lithium changed to epilim next week and let's get on with it.

Hey, hey - it's swearing in the Oval!

And certainly, there's scope for slipping into Jack Bauer mode mere hours after visiting a psychiatrist...

episode 3 - an improvement on the 2 bad bad preceding episodes.
    Carrie still in manic mode - doesn't care about the situation anymore then jumps back into it in a flash and is breaking and entering 2 minutes later. Then more despair.
    Potential Wako stand-off out in the sticks.
    Mutiny in the white house.

Carrie: 2 things struck me. This time round.. it feels more like she really should be kept away from her kid for a bit. The other was that while people remarked about the blood on her head, I was all like... wtf about the bruising on the neck? How can no-one see that?

The Saul - Brett stand really does look like it's gonna hit the fan. I wonder how far they are gonna take that story and if it's worth getting invested.

Seems obvious that senator dude is going to start banging Carrie. Wish they would just get on with it.
    Glad that Saul was not captured, that would have just been so predictable. I predict Brett O Keefe will get his wish to be a martyr, David Koresh-style.

lukin wrote: »
    Seems obvious that senator dude is going to start banging Carrie. Wish they would just get on with it.
    Glad that Saul was not captured, that would have just been so predictable. I predict Brett O Keefe will get his wish to be a martyr, David Koresh-style.

You mean the guy that got her out of the police station? Is he not FBI?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,758 ✭✭✭Pelvis

No he's not, he's FBI.

Pelvis wrote: »
    No he's not, he's FBI.

this is the guy credited as the senator

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0048414/?ref_=tt_cl_t10

This is the guy who got her out of the police station