Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Disgraceful eir customer service

Options
  • 12-12-2017 9:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8

Attention CEO Eir Richard Moat and Customer Services Director.
    3 to 4 weeks ago my landline and broadband have been deactivated without my consent and for no reason. Eir customer service and technical support have no explanation for me. They say my account is still active on their system but Open Eir say it is deactivated but cannot/will not say why!!!!
    Meanwhile I am still being billed for a service I cannot use!
    I am trying to run a business from home without broadband. My children are trying to submit College assignments without broadband. Throughout all this I am wasting hours a day trying to get to the bottom of the problem.
    I have been a customer of Eir for almost 30 years and I cannot believe the disgraceful customer service.
    I am at my wits end....4 weeks later and NOTHING is resolved!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭eir: Adam

soggy01 wrote: »
    Attention CEO Eir Richard Moat and Customer Services Director.
    3 to 4 weeks ago my landline and broadband have been deactivated without my consent and for no reason. Eir customer service and technical support have no explanation for me. They say my account is still active on their system but Open Eir say it is deactivated but cannot/will not say why!!!!
    Meanwhile I am still being billed for a service I cannot use!
    I am trying to run a business from home without broadband. My children are trying to submit College assignments without broadband. Throughout all this I am wasting hours a day trying to get to the bottom of the problem.
    I have been a customer of Eir for almost 30 years and I cannot believe the disgraceful customer service.
    I am at my wits end....4 weeks later and NOTHING is resolved!
    Hi soggy01,

I'm really sorry to hear of these issues that you're experiencing. Can you PM me your account number and full name, please? I'll look into this for you.

- Adam

• Registered Users Posts: 8 soggy01

I've had a look through your account for you and we don't currently have a reason for why this has happened. Your account needs to be closed and set up again which an agent is currently looking into doing for you and she will ring you back about this.

Unfortunately, we can't assist with this issue from here and I do sincerely apologise for all of this.

- Adam

This reply from Adam is just ridiculous.
    1. They don't have a reason why my phone line and broadband have been deactivated?
    2. My account now needs to be closed.....why does someone have to " look into it" ....why can't they just CLOSE it?
    3. They can't assist me any more with this issue!!

So I am left without a phone line and broadband for the last month and nobody is giving me any idea when this might be sorted....only that somebody is looking into closing it!!!

And when they finally decide to close my phone line that I have had for almost 30years....what then?
    Will I have to contact Eir sales and rejoin?....will this take weeks too?
    This company needs a serious wakeup call.

Adam can you please reply to me with a date for my phone line closure and a date for reopening my account. Not a vague response that "an agent is looking into it".

• Registered Users Posts: 8 soggy01

Attention CEO Eir Richard Moat and Customer Services Director.  Do you think this is a an acc

I've had a look through your account for you and we don't currently have a reason for why this has happened. Your account needs to be closed and set up again which an agent is currently looking into doing for you and she will ring you back about this.

Unfortunately, we can't assist with this issue from here and I do sincerely apologise for all of this.

- Adam

This reply from Adam is just ridiculous.
    1. They don't have a reason why my phone line and broadband have been deactivated?
    2. My account now needs to be closed.....why does someone have to " look into it" ....why can't they just CLOSE it?
    3. They can't assist me any more with this issue!!

So I am left without a phone line and broadband for the last month and nobody is giving me any idea when this might be sorted....only that somebody is looking into closing it!!!

And when they finally decide to close my phone line that I have had for almost 30years....what then?
    Will I have to contact Eir sales and rejoin?....will this take weeks too?
    This company needs a serious wakeup call.

Adam can you please reply to me with a date for my phone line closure and a date for reopening my account. Not a vague response that "an agent is looking into it".

Still no reply or update from Eir

-this is a disgrace, and Eir took €107 from my account even though I do not have a telephone line or broadband for the last 5 weeks.

What am I to do??????????????????????????????

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭Diagonalley

Go to COMREG - it seems to be your only option left.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,617 ✭✭✭Conar

Just switch to Vodafone or another provider.
    It will probably resolve the issue faster and you're not in contract anyway.
    Eir are beyond awful.
    Until they lose their historic monopoly they couldn't give a crap about their customers as so many threads on here will tell you.
    Move and save money for the same product.

• Advertisement
Advertisement