Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Epson Expression XP630 Printer

Options
  • 12-12-2017 10:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭

Bought one only this summer. This has 5 cartridges and two of them are black. One is for photos and the other for 'ordinary' printing, the latter being twice the width of the former. After original supplied cartridges ran out I ordered and bought genuine EPSON XL cartridges, containing double ink content. The larger of the two black (BK) cartridges would not click into the slot and Epson suggested I was trying to fit it in the wrong slot, which is impossible. They then said there must be some residue in the slot; again not so. Thirdly they said the ink cartridge was the wrong code number. This in spite of a code listed in my original correspondence and subsequent scan of the packaging showing the same code. They have now stopped answering my emails and I've threatened them with a small claims court action to recover my outlay of almost £200 (not €) a sum I can ill afford to lose as a pensioner. The thing is only a few months old and now useless.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,130 ✭✭✭smuggler.ie

Feel for you.
    Can you compare original and new cartridges physically - are they same shape exactly?
    Where did you purchase new cartridges, was it same shop?
    Is there possibility you can bring printer and cartridges to the shop you purchase it from and ask them if they would be kind to fit them in for you? Not that they have to, but
    ....if they would be kind....
    Perhaps they would figure whats wrong and will be able to advice you.

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭Gleisweiler

Thanks for your kind words.
    Bought the inks from OFFICESPOT in Naas. Cost me €103.89. I believe that the period of replacement is only 108 days and that has since passed, although I didn't actually change over the cartridges until September. Cartridges looked the same although millimetres can be critical when they have to slot into the printer.

I think I'll let a local PC shop look at it ... nothing more to lose.:mad:

Advertisement