Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Would you like Irish airline strikes every Xmas

• 12-12-2017 10:20pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 993 ✭✭✭

Who wants the airports shut down every Christmas?
    If the Union movement succeeds in forcing Ryanair to negotiate only with the Irish Airline Pilots' Association then IALPA will have the power to strike every Christmas, Easter and Bank Holiday. Aer Lingus and Ryanair planes will be grounded and they are carrying most of the traffic in and out of the Country.

It will be the Irish equivalent of the Air Traffic Controller Union in France.

Would you like Irish Airline strikes every Xmas 15 votes

Yes, shure where are ya planning on going anyhow?
    0% 0 votes
    Hell, no!
    100% 15 votes

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,813 ✭✭✭Noveight

737max wrote: »

Pretty much nobody, I'd imagine.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭theteal

Tabloid headline....

Post offers no insight

......profit

Am I don't this right?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 993 ✭✭✭737max

Sure, we can take the train instead.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,797 Mod ✭✭✭✭artanevilla

The way Ryanair treats their pilots is risable. They're perfectly entitled and justified in their actions.

The way Ryanair treats their pilots is risable. They're perfectly entitled and justified in their actions.
    That's like cheering on Stalin because the other bloke was a b*stard. Pick your tyrant of choice.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,797 Mod ✭✭✭✭artanevilla

That's like cheering on Stalin because the other bloke was a b*stard. Pick your tyrant of choice.

It's like rooting for the Russian people against Stalin.

It's like rooting for the Russian people against Stalin.
    only if your Russian.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,252 ✭✭✭FTA69

Isn't there already a thread on this?? Don't worry comrades, when the Ryanair pilots usher in the revolution we'll all be on top coin and the OP will be sent to a labour camp in Roscommon.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,744 ✭✭✭marieholmfan

Stalin.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,058 ✭✭✭whoopsadoodles

I'm going away this weekend and then on the 30th. So I'm sound. For now.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,177 ✭✭✭PeterParker957

Unions are a pox on society.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,213 ✭✭✭bobbysands81

If the Union movement succeeds in forcing Ryanair to negotiate only with the Irish Airline Pilots' Association then IALPA will have the power to strike every Christmas, Easter and Bank Holiday. Aer Lingus and Ryanair planes will be grounded and they are carrying most of the traffic in and out of the Country.

It will be the Irish equivalent of the Air Traffic Controller Union in France.

Talk about catastrophising!!!

Treat employees properly and they won’t need to strike.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,744 ✭✭✭marieholmfan

Unions are fantastic. Shoplifiting should be decriminalised. Housing is a right. Private education and heathcare should be banned. People who wait till they can afford it to have children are somewhere between sucker and subhuman.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,477 ✭✭✭Oops69

well done , such an eloquent argument for capitalism ,Karl Marx will be rewriting his book to compete with such An incisive argument .

Oops69 wrote: »
    well done , such an eloquent argument for capitalism ,Karl Marx will be rewriting his book to compete with such An incisive argument .

I'm sure there was a point there...!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,530 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

Ryanair is the Deliveroo of airlines.

Treat people like sh!t, don't be surprised if they're not loyal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,477 ✭✭✭Oops69

I'm sure there was a point there...!!

Q.E.D .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,325 ✭✭✭✭Grayson

Most of the basic workers rights we have today came from unions.

It annoys me as much as anyone when I see a union kicking up crap because one of their members was asked to take his lunch break an hour late. Or when public transport grinds to a halt because of another strike. But that doesn't mean we shouldn't have unions. It just means that we need to curtail some of their powers a bit.

Oops69 wrote: »
    Q.E.D .

Yeah, great programme in the 80s, some real groundbreaking stuff.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 494 ✭✭Billgirlylegs

What powers do you think they possess?

• Advertisement

Grayson wrote: »
    Most of the basic workers rights we have today came from unions.

It annoys me as much as anyone when I see a union kicking up crap because one of their members was asked to take his lunch break an hour late. Or when public transport grinds to a halt because of another strike. But that doesn't mean we shouldn't have unions. It just means that we need to curtail some of their powers a bit.

My point exactly but I made it arseways.

Union LEADERS are the issue - that b****x from SIPTU wants chucking in the Liffey!

What powers do you think they possess?

Crippling the country's transport links for one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,690 ✭✭✭✭Skylinehead

Mod: One Ryanair thread is enough.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement