Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Thinning scissors and hair !! Any hairdressers??

Options
  • 12-12-2017 10:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 296 ✭✭

Hi folks. I have a short haircut. My hair is quite thick, have a lot of it. Go to the same hairdresser. She said thinning scissors are a bad idea and she never uses them. Seems like a good idea to me as my hair always looks quite "full" ...

Are they somehow bad for the hair??

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,103 ✭✭✭Tiddlypeeps

A good hair dresser can get the same effect without using them and in theory has more control over what gets removed than a thinning scissors would allow.

Saying that if you are happy enough with the results then there is nothing wrong with using them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,329 ✭✭✭lazeedaisy

I would agree with your hairdresser.

I too have really thick hair, and the last 2 haircuts were overthinned. It took me 14 months to grow out a particularly bad meeting with a thinning scissors.

They are out dated and you can get better results without them.

But if you're not happy, talk to your hairdresser.

They are not bad for your hair, over use or improper use is the main reason people don't like them

• Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭MinnieMinx

A good hairdresser won't need to use thinning scissors as there are several techniques they can use to 'thin' the hair when you are lucky enough to have a high density of hair.

Advertisement