Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help with Beserker rebuild.

• 13-12-2017 12:02am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 413 ✭✭

I'm a noob at rebuilding and recently bought a Berserker as my first rta. The first 2 times I wicked it I was getting dry hits, I think I was stuffing way too much cotton in the wick holes. After I wicked it a third time it vaped great and smooth for a week and flavour was amazing. The problem is now every time I wick it I get a slight bubbling/gurgling noise and I have no idea what is causing it. It still vapes great, but the gurgling is annoying especially when it was so smooth the previous week.

Any help/tips would be greatly appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 413 ✭✭IRISH OS1R1S

Well I feel like a complete idiot. Turns out the chimney was loose.

....so much wasted cotton. :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,555 ✭✭✭youdipstick

Nice one,we've all made stupid mistakes but some of us wont admit it:D:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭Venom

Maybe Santa was at your chimney early :D

Or Dick Van Dike :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 46 shane122

Hi, hoping to get my berserker tomorrow. New to rebuilds so do I need an ohm reader or can I do it all on my mod

shane122 wrote: »
    Hi, hoping to get my berserker tomorrow. New to rebuilds so do I need an ohm reader or can I do it all on my mod

You can do it all on your mod mate. You will learn how many wraps etc suits you best and get the ohm you desire after a few goes. The wicking is the tricky part when just learning, but is easy enough. What I have learned with the Berserker is to have the cotton slightly tight through the coil and more importantly, have the length just a ml or two longer than the base of the wicking holes. Vapes like a dream.

• Advertisement

If you do fancy buying a reader I recommend this kit. It is very good and great quality.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B01CZXB2LU/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

If you do fancy buying a reader I recommend this kit. It is very good and great quality.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B01CZXB2LU/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Great little kit, keeps everything in one place but I'v only used the OHM reader twice as easier to do on a mod :)

Yeah same. Think I used it 3 times. The kit is excellent.

Thanks for the info guys, done my first ever buid yesterday my local vape shop only had .3 nichrome wire,had to do about 11 or 12 wraps to do coil that was big enough, it's coming in at 1.7 ohm. Great job for my first go. When I take about 4 draws it starts poping. Would this bcause not enough juice getting to coil,I think the cotton was too tight in the coil. Also would you recommend using 26 guage.

Thanks for the info guys, done my first ever buid yesterday my local vape shop only had .3 nichrome wire,had to do about 11 or 12 wraps to do coil that was big enough, it's coming in at 1.7 ohm. Great job for my first go. When I take about 4 draws it starts poping. Would this bcause not enough juice getting to coil,I think the cotton was too tight in the coil. Also would you recommend using 26 guage.

What size coil did you make and what wattage you firing it at?

If your cotton is to tight it can hinder the wicking process so maybe try watching Vaping with Vic and Vaping Postman on Youtube, to see how they wicked the Beserker. Try fluffing out and combing the cotton as well as this really helps with wicking.

• Advertisement

It was 2.5mm, yes I fluffed the cotton going into both wells. It was tight in the coil.

It was 2.5mm, yes I fluffed the cotton going into both wells. It was tight in the coil.

Try going up to a 3mm coil and aim to get the gotten very snug instead of tight to aid with wicking.

Got myself some kantel A1 26gauge and made a 3mm 10 wrap coil and even got the wixking right, I think. I'm running it at 16.5 watts.does that sound high? Plenty of vapour but flavour I think could be better. Would 28 gauge help with flavour and would it run at less wattage.

Sorry fogot to mention it came in at 1.3 ohm

Sorry fogot to mention it came in at 1.3 ohm

Aim for 0.8 to 1.0ohm and use the 2ml tank. I get massive flavour. 16 watts is about right imo. I still get very good flavour with the bigger tank, but the 2ml is def better. Don't have the cotton to thick or long. Length should be barely touching the base of the wick channels and not too tight in the coil. Obviously remove the skins from the cotton and prime well.

Aim for 0.8 to 1.0ohm and use the 2ml tank. I get massive flavour. 16 watts is about right imo. I still get very good flavour with the bigger tank, but the 2ml is def better. Don't have the cotton to thick or long. Length should be barely touching the base of the wick channels and not too tight in the coil. Obviously remove the skins from the cotton and prime well.
    Think I've got this sorted, found steam engine online and put my coil details in and it was saying to burn at 23w. Currently at 22w and it is vaping, wickng and tasting better. Yes wicking can be testing at times but think I'm getting there. I think the 28 gauge wire will be better suited.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,029 ✭✭✭youcancallmeal

I pre-ordered the berserker mini from 3fvape and it shipped today, looking forward to trying it!

I pre-ordered the berserker mini from 3fvape and it shipped today, looking forward to trying it!

Been keeping an eye out to see if I could get any discounts on the mini and forgot to check 3Fvape :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,029 ✭✭✭youcancallmeal

Venom wrote: »
    Been keeping an eye out to see if I could get any discounts on the mini and forgot to check 3Fvape :(

You can get it on fasttech for about $26 with discount code MAP but I think their dispatch date is 31st Dec? I paid $28 for it on 3fvape

I ordered a 3rd 24mm yesterday. May take you a few hours to get used to the tight draw, but stick with it. I love the smooth vape from it so much that even my 1.0ohm Ego one coils feel a bit harsh now.

Oh, and bottom fill it. Top fill is a right pain in the ass.

Easily my fav vape now. Awesomeness.

• Advertisement

You can get it on fasttech for about $26 with discount code MAP but I think their dispatch date is 31st Dec? I paid $28 for it on 3fvape

Cheers mate that code saved me a bundle :)

Top fill is ok when you do the upside down thing.i find the 2.5mm built coils work better for wicking as it is a bit less for juice hole. I'm just using cotton pads. is there better wicking material or are they more or less the same.

Advertisement