Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chris Froome tests positive for Salbutamol

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,275 ✭✭✭koutoubia

velo.2010 wrote: »

Froome is still scheduled to appear on BBC SPOTY tonight, with a live interview from Majorca.

Wonder will they refer to him as a Kenyan?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭WoollyRedHat

Disappointed they didn't play 'Inhaler' by Foals before introducing him.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,263 ✭✭✭robyntmorton

That answer was so rehearsed you could picture Dave Brailsford behind the camera with the cue cards.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,638 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

This is great to see.

I love it when cheats are found out.

Now, if only we could get a failed test from a certain middle distance runner.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,166 ✭✭✭TheRiverman

That answer was so rehearsed you could picture Dave Brailsford behind the camera with the cue cards.

So rehearsed and so fake.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 724 ✭✭✭JK.BMC

Just watched Froomey there now- eyes flickering to his right when talking about his great achievements; then as soon as he is asked about the 'adverse finding' he stares intently at the camera, wide eyed and really sincere.....

Ah the ould pop-psychologist in me can say he is spoofing! Pretending he can remember how tough it was to win the double then pleading with us to believe that he is clean and suffers from asthma sumthin' terrible... honestly....

G'way outta dat.....!!!!

JK.BMC wrote: »
    Just watched Froomey there now- eyes flickering to his right when talking about his great achievements; then as soon as he is asked about the 'adverse finding' he stares intently at the camera, wide eyed and really sincere.....

Ah the ould pop-psychologist in me can say he is spoofing! Pretending he can remember how tough it was to win the double then pleading with us to believe that he is clean and suffers from asthma sumthin' terrible... honestly....

G'way outta dat.....!!!!

"On mature recollection":rolleyes:

SPOTY for Mo Farah. I wish they gave it to Froome. Watching them take it back would have been hilarious.

SPOTY for Mo Farah. I wish they gave it to Froome. Watching them take it back would have been hilarious.

Froome pulled the plug :)

And Mo Farah wins the gong for SPOTY!

Ah Tis wonderful!😨

Do BBC release the final standings on the 12 nominees. Purely from a statistical perspective I would like to see how he fared given the recent shenanigans. Something really interesting in that Wiggins won the overall thing in 2012 but 4 time Tour champ Froomey doesn't get a sniff of it.
    Maybe it's the Kenyan thing.... ?

• Advertisement

Ah Tis wonderful!��

Do BBC release the final standings on the 12 nominees. Purely from a statistical perspective I would like to see how he fared given the recent shenanigans. Something really interesting in that Wiggins won the overall thing in 2012 but 4 time Tour champ Froomey doesn't get a sniff of it.

"Sniff of it"Steady :D

Ah Tis wonderful!😨

Should be on BBC Sport website later. Will be interesting to see.

"Sniff of it"Steady :D

'I didn't inhale, yer honour'

• Registered Users Posts: 3,010 ✭✭✭velo.2010

Farah was 33-1 before the result. There's been a few surprise winners over the years. I'd imagine there was a push within UK Athletics to get members/running fans to vote for him. That motorcycle guy finishing second probably benefitted from a similar campaign with his fans.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,245 ✭✭✭check_six

Farah's not exactly a safe choice either though because his reputation has taken a number of blows over the years with missed out of competition tests and coaches who have come under intense scrutiny.

The votes:

Mo Farah: 83,524 votes
    Jonathan Rea: 80,567
    Jonnie Peacock: 73,429
    Anthony Joshua: 73,411
    Adam Peaty: 63,739
    Lewis Hamilton: 60,627
    Chris Froome: 47,683
    Harry Kane: 18,759
    Anya Shrubsole: 15,237
    Bianca Walkden: 13,962
    Johanna Konta: 7,591
    Elise Christie: 6,504

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 6,848 Mod ✭✭✭✭eeeee

Well that's depressing

nee wrote: »
    Well that's depressing[/QUOTE

The 8 men finished ahead of the 4 women.

I'm not too depressed myself but it wasn't exactly the most vintage year. And Froome was far from being the worst it seems.

As Eamon Dunphy might say: Dats democracy baby!

and PS - Froome got more votes than all the women combined.... :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,010 ✭✭✭velo.2010

No runaway winner as such (no pun intended). Half a million votes in two hours shows its not quite the popular voting contest they would have you believe. Easily open to a group pushing for one of their own to win.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 whiteknight12

Well that's depressing

Nearly as depressing as our own charade with James McClean

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 6,848 Mod ✭✭✭✭eeeee

Well that's depressing[/QUOTE

The 8 men finished ahead of the 4 women.

I'm not too depressed myself but it wasn't exactly the most vintage year. And Froome was far from being the worst it seems.

As Eamon Dunphy might say: Dats democracy baby!

Well it's a lot more complicated than that, but I won't go into it as that would bring the thread off topic.
    and PS - Froome got more votes than all the women combined.... :)

Yup, not a happy result.
    Nearly as depressing as our own charade with James McClean

I have no idea who that is :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 246 ✭✭Urindanger

The votes:

Mo Farah: 83,524 votes
    Jonathan Rea: 80,567
    Jonnie Peacock: 73,429
    Anthony Joshua: 73,411
    Adam Peaty: 63,739
    Lewis Hamilton: 60,627
    Chris Froome: 47,683
    Harry Kane: 18,759
    Anya Shrubsole: 15,237
    Bianca Walkden: 13,962
    Johanna Konta: 7,591
    Elise Christie: 6,504

Whatever about Joshua not winning, but coming 4th? Who's cornflakes did he piss in. Same with Hamilton only coming 6th.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

It still could happen. Taken from Farah, handed to Froome.....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,099 ✭✭✭morana

Urindanger wrote: »
    Whatever about Joshua not winning, but coming 4th? Who's cornflakes did he piss in. Same with Hamilton only coming 6th.

as stan collymore pointed out the people that did well were all in sports that are on free tv

• Registered Users Posts: 815 ✭✭✭1bryan

there's something a little more than unsettling about seeing Froome posting instagram stories from the Sky training camp in majorca. It seems like he's treating the whole thing as a joke. I've little doubt he's 100% sure he'll get away with this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,881 ✭✭✭terrydel

Jesus Froome's interview on that rubbish last ngiht was awkward, truly cringeworthy stuff. I almost felt sorry for him, almost!
    And then hes beaten by a guy with even more questions against him, you really couldnt make it up.

Well it's a lot more complicated than that, but I won't go into it as that would bring the thread off topic.

Yup, not a happy result.

I have no idea who that is :pac:

No idea who James McLean is? Aside from the fact he plays for the international soccer team, how you can have missed the annual furore over his commendable decision to refuse to bow to poppy facism is beyond me.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,450 ✭✭✭Macy0161

Only reading the Sticky Bottle article on the David Walsh article. To me, is Froome in big trouble if his defence is that he's taking bigger doses after races, rather than regular doses at intervals during the race? They're basically saying their not taking it as intended!

Well he kept glancing to his right for something! Someone was feeding him the answers. Could well ahve been that capret bagger Brailsford.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭pelevin

I hear Brailsford is arguing that Froome wasn't even at the Vuelta and the bus driver will swear to it.

Advertisement