Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

City to be twinned with Portlaoise??

Options
  • 13-12-2017 8:13am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,194 ✭✭✭

I've just discovered the newest mini roundabout in town! In front of St. Lukes' car park. What was the reason of putting it up there? It disrupts the flow, I reckon, as most of the cars going in and out town, not into the hospital.
    I agree, some find it as a solution but why it's the only thing I see happening in town as a so called traffic management?
    This place needs a proper public transport to put more cars off the road. Just thinking of myself, when I want to go a longer distance or short on time I take the car but if there was some bus, going here and there, I'd happily take it. Or would my pushbike but no joy when the roads are busy.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 118 ✭✭Plague Maiden

Those people that complain about Portlaoise's roundabouts, how many of you used to drive around the town regularly before they were all there?

I do raise a smile eveytime I see a new one but at the same time I can't think of a single one I'd remove. You can zig zag the entire town while only occasionally relying on the courtesy of other drives, which is quite useful at at time when courtesy is at a premium.

• Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭Mankbag

padyjoe wrote: »
    I've just discovered the newest mini roundabout in town! In front of St. Lukes' car park. What was the reason of putting it up there? It disrupts the flow, I reckon, as most of the cars going in and out town, not into the hospital.
    I agree, some find it as a solution but why it's the only thing I see happening in town as a so called traffic management?
    This place needs a proper public transport to put more cars off the road. Just thinking of myself, when I want to go a longer distance or short on time I take the car but if there was some bus, going here and there, I'd happily take it. Or would my pushbike but no joy when the roads are busy.

Sorry, dude - you're overlooking the fact that this is Kilkenny and the authorities here want to put more cars ON the roads and streets, not off them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,194 ✭✭✭padyjoe

I can't think of a single one I'd remove.

Nothing wrong with roundabouts but getting too many lately. And the roads are shrinking too, more air, please! ;-)
    Mankbag wrote: »
    Sorry, dude - you're overlooking the fact that this is Kilkenny and the authorities here want to put more cars ON the roads and streets, not off them.

That makes sense, mate, quite plausible explanation!

Advertisement