Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Balbriggan Drogheda street toward Peter&Pauls Church

Options
  • 13-12-2017 11:06am
    Registered Users Posts: 2

As you walk right of clonard street past Aura Beauty and fannings you begin looking right to left, you see that this street that needs refurbishment it is unfortunate that so many buildings are idle, empty not serving a purpose, this no doubt the reality of the downturn, businesses closing down because rent has to be paid and they do not have the customers to pay rent and wages, it is awful how everyone's life has been effected by the downturn in the economy and the rise in monies that working people have to pay to the government because of there mistakes that is how i see it. Back to the main street, looking at old Tesco and many former independent businesses that are now closed all of the buildings are being left to rot decay, this section of our town definitely needs refurbishment, revitalization, it would be great to see new life been breath into all of these buildings.

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

Welcome to Boards spmonroe :)

Mod note:I've taken your post out of the very old thread and started a new one with it for you. When threads haven't had new posts in a long time we start new ones instead.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,254 ✭✭✭LeoB

Couldnt agree more more with the op.

Balbriggan is a great town but the heart has been ripped out of it. It need refurbishment ok but how do you get people to use the area again?

Build some houses in nearest available site so people might actually walk that way again instead of heading to Millfield or out of town. I dont know if there are many sites around but unless it is regenerated with houses people I dont think will gamble on opening a shop or business.

With more houses planned for Balbriggan it would certainly make the town look more attractive if something could be done between the Square and say the Sail in garage. The main street in Rush has a similar look around the Skerries Rd corner but hopefully 2018 will see something done.

Advertisement