Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

smart meters...

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,327 ✭✭✭Antenna

humaxf1 wrote: »
    Hi

Has anyone scanned around 420MHz and above lately? Full of continuous digital hash. Discovered it a few years back .

Are you 100% sure there are such transmissions on those frequencies, or is your scanner just getting images of strong signals elsewhere.

TETRA base stations make this type of sound on an analogue scanner:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2F41kOYjZqs

and are quite likely the strongest signals of any kind in your locality. Many common scanners will be afflicted with multiple images of this on other frequencies outside the TETRA band.

(BTW I once tried an old cassette walkman near a TETRA base station and this sound was being picked up in the background of a tape being played)

Likewise scanners can have images of mobile phone basestation signals (with their own distinctive sounds) blowing through on other frequencies on a typical scanner, even on VHF frequencies (depending on scanner).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 865 ✭✭✭humaxf1

I hear what you're saying but I don't think so. Tetra is 25khz spacing wheras what I'm hearing is continous with no gaps. If there were images up that high, doesn't say much for the tuning of the network.

Frequency range ties in with comreg document.

Advertisement