Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wireless, self monitored alarm system advice

Options
  • 13-12-2017 1:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭

Hi

I've read through several pages of threads including the HKC V Siemens post
    https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057394782
    (which I'll admit to finding confusing and am none the wiser after it!) but am still not sure of who to contact/how best to go about getting a good alarm system that's wireless, allows for self monitoring and doesn't cost a bomb.
    I've also checked the supplier listing on page 1 but some of the websites aren't very modern and so its hard to see what systems they have.

I'm based in SthDub and would like to get either the oft mentioned HKC or GSD systems. I've gone on to the GSD site and submitted a request so hopefully they'll send me a listing of installers.

But if anyone on here has a recommendation for installers of either of these systems, please PM me.
    Or if you have any advice for these systems for a total alarm newbie and not very tech-savy boardsie, please hit me with all you've got!

thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 250 ✭✭fguinan

jay0109 wrote: »
    But if anyone on here has a recommendation for installers of either of these systems, please PM me.
    Or if you have any advice for these systems for a total alarm newbie and not very tech-savy boardsie, please hit me with all you've got!

thanks

To save raising an identical query I am in the same position... would also appreciate any reccomendations!

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

As an installer my recommendations for these type of systems would be Siemens Vanderbilt or GSD

Both of these have many options for self monitoring with free options for monitoring over IP to multiple paths with GSM/GPRS back up etc.

My advice is get a few installers out to do a survey & give you more information on the different offerings.

GSD have a good selection of installers now so I'm sure they will put you on the right track. Most good installers would be familiar with Siemens Vanderbilt range also.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭jay0109

GSD have recommended 2 installers and so far 1 has got in touch with me.

Advertisement