Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

River Suck

Options
  • 13-12-2017 2:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭

Hi Folks,

Whats the fishing like this time of year on the River Suck, will be up over the Christmas and wondering what the fishing is like... From Castlerea to Athleague?... might take a wonder over to the lakes around Strokestown/Elphin also...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 683 ✭✭✭gumbo1

I was due to fish a stretch with the Leinster Pike Angling Club last weekend but it was cancelled due to high water and bad road conditions. Might be best to stick with the lakes!

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭wiseoldelf

Thanks gumbo1, might be a better option alright, hopefully the stands won't be flooded

• Registered Users Posts: 1,251 ✭✭✭twin_beacon

Im afriad the suck is in flood at the moment, it will probably be out of action for christmas too.

Thanks twin_beacon.... christ I don't know what I bother with the annual permit, only fished the suck twice this year and three times it was flooded... might head over to Elphin lakes, to Lough Cloonahee or Lake Na Blaithí... .

would you know where is best for Tench and or Perch? Will be mostly looking for pike, but would like to catch a tench....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,010 ✭✭✭kildare lad

wrong time of the year to be after tench....wait till april or may next year

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26 RockyRory

the suck could be the best pike river in the country only for those munchers keep killing all the pike. i never had a good session there. always cleaned out before i drove down west.

Yeah I think Athleague and Ballyforan have gone downhill rapidly the last 5 years or so that I've been fishing there.... I usually fish now the lakes over Elphin and surrounding areas.... only from shore though... but have had good results...

Advertisement