Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Switching to PTSB from BOI

• 13-12-2017 2:47pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 974 ✭✭✭

PTSB offering to offset all daily banking fees by paying it's customers up to 5euro a month via 10c cash back per debit card transaction.

Sounds great. Seems like BOI is trying to charge me for something every time I get a statement from them.

Anybody here made the switch? Just seem like a friendlier bank.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,239 ✭✭✭physioman

jme2010 wrote: »
    PTSB offering to offset all daily banking fees by paying it's customers up to 5euro a month via 10c cash back per debit card transaction.

Sounds great. Seems like BOI is trying to charge me for something every time I get a statement from them.

Anybody here made the switch? Just seem like a friendlier bank.
    Am one of their older customers so was on the old free banking service where just had to have 1500 pass through my account a month. Can't be faulted. Website fine and fulfils my needs. Never understood why people stuck with the likes of boi when banking can be done for free or at a cheaper monthly rate.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 974 ✭✭✭jme2010

physioman wrote: »
    Am one of their older customers so was on the old free banking service where just had to have 1500 pass through my account a month. Can't be faulted. Website fine and fulfils my needs. Never understood why people stuck with the likes of boi when banking can be done for free or at a cheaper monthly rate.

Yeah I forgot about their simple rule of just having 1500 lodged and not 3 grand sitting there at all times like other banks.

Feck ya anyway BOI I'm off.

• Registered Users Posts: 358 ✭✭noel100

You have N26 and revolut (which is getting it's banking license) transactions are free revolut also has the function of exchange rate at market rate no commission except at weekends. Instant notification on phone when you spend.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,736 ✭✭✭Delta2113

Stupid paying at least €20 per year to BOI for a Current Account that you can get for FREE elsewhere using one or more providers e.g. EBS, Revolut,N26.

Advertisement