Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Comelit 8241l

Options
  • 13-12-2017 3:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,675 ✭✭✭

I'm using a Comelit 8241l entry kit with keypad which is set up with a 4 digit code (followed by E) to open my gates.
    It seems to work fine most of the time but occasionally, entering the code won't have any effect. The red LED flashes when numbers are entered but when the E button is pressed it just flashes again. When one or two more numbers are entered, it flashes twice (as if signalling that an incorrect code has been entered, even though the code is only 4 numbers long).
    It's as if the keypad is expecting a longer code to be entered.

Anybody got any ideas what the problem is...I don't really want to have to reprogramme it in weather like this!

OR is there a way of resetting it so it's "expecting" just a 4 digit code?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,546 ✭✭✭kub

There is an issue with one or more of the numerical buttons on it.
    You could be drawing on a lot of issues here if you replace that module yourself.
    I would advise a replacement, but a code change could sort this as well, get onto who ever installed it originally

• Registered Users Posts: 2,675 ✭✭✭exaisle

I installed it myself..

I'll pop in the supercode and try a new code not using any of the existing numbers and see if that does the trick...

Well....that was informative. I learned two things:

Firstly, it's p1ssing rain out so standing outside trying to programme a new code in is not to be recommended.

Secondly, entering "0" and "E" didn't cause the red LED to come on and stay on even though it flashed when I entered each.

I suspect a new keypad is required...

exaisle wrote: »
    Well....that was informative. I learned two things:

Firstly, it's p1ssing rain out so standing outside trying to programme a new code in is not to be recommended.

Secondly, entering "0" and "E" didn't cause the red LED to come on and stay on even though it flashed when I entered each.

I suspect a new keypad is required...

Welcome to our world :D, I was working on one last night in the rain, just a code change and i did not notice it was raining until i got back in the car and had to turn on the wipers.
    Does your one have traditional buttons?
    They have a newer model out now with just a touch pad so wear and tear should not be as much of an issue with that one.

Mine is like this one:

com8241i.jpg

• Advertisement

Hmmm....tried it this morning. No joy.

Input 0 then E...no joy....then out of desperation I input E then 0..and wonder of wonders, I got two flashes (I think) of the red LED.

Then I tried the code and it works....

So...if it's not broken....don't fix it!

Ah you already have the touch one, I was about to suggest you power it down and up again but i see you got it sorted, well done.

Advertisement