Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tracker and the Gardai

• 13-12-2017 3:52pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 475 ✭✭

Can I ask what people s opinions are for taking a bank to Court for Theft
    Having had some redress recently in the tracker Mortgage scandal from a bank.
    I feel that the 10 years of suffering are not enough to justify what happened.

Their failure to solve this issue at the time and deny that anything could be done about it robbed me of a lot of lifestyle expectations and wishes I could not fulfil.

Has anyone tried this route?
    As I do not trust the bank in question and have no wish to sign any of their documentation.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,069 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

A garda told me years ago when I had a theft that to take it to court you had to prove that they " intended to deprive you of your property on a permanent basis ."
    This is very hard to prove in court as they could just claim that it was a mistake or a wrong interpretation of a circular etc.

I think you'd be wasting your time persuing it this way.
    Maybe seek legal advice.

Advertisement