Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GPU for Adobe illustrator / Photoshop

Options
  • 13-12-2017 5:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hey guys , building a PC for basic adobe work, mainly illustrator, looking for a GPU thats cheap and reliable, i was looking at the 1050ti to maybe pair with my Ryzen 3 1300x, that a solid choice?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Narwhal Dave

Yeah, for Basic Purposes like adobe, Any GPU above that wont make a major difference, unless going big, i do the same type of work,i bought a GTX 1060 6GB, after owning the 1050ti and it was a waste to be honest, there was no difference in performance at all, so dont even bother going up one for a 1060 3gb or 6gb, for what your doing that should be fine, my worry would be that processor, going for something like a ryzen 5 would have been a good idea, however for a budget build, it should be alright, the 1060 i believe is geared toward gaming, so if you plan on gaming with it at all, spend the extra bit of cash on the 1060! :) hope this helped mate

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Your GPU is only used for a few actions (such as filters) so spending a lot is usually a waste. 1050 sounds goods.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,401 ✭✭✭lewis

CupMan wrote: »
    Hey guys , building a PC for basic adobe work, mainly illustrator, looking for a GPU thats cheap and reliable, i was looking at the 1050ti to maybe pair with my Ryzen 3 1300x, that a solid choice?

I built my PC for Photoshop use and such and I choose the 1050TI and I find it handles PS very well.

Can`t complain.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,706 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

I'd recommend 1050 Ti for the extra 2Gb VRAM over 1050; not 100% certain it's needed but could be more useful in future.

Advertisement