Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Air BnB insurance

Options
  • 13-12-2017 5:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Hi,
    I wonder could anybody help and give advice on insurance companies who cover houses as part of Air BnB- would be grateful for any advice as need to sort house insurance asap! Many thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭glen25

Hi,
    I wonder could anybody help and give advice on insurance companies who cover houses as part of Air BnB- would be grateful for any advice as need to sort house insurance asap! Many thanks.
    I do airbnb in my house and have House insurance with Allianz. It’s not a special policy as they cover a certain number of nights B&B per month as part of the standard policy. If you are full every night of the month it’s prob a bit different. But they definitely cover occasional bed and breakfast guests. Airbnb also have insurance for hosts & guests - check it out.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,826 ✭✭✭✭L1011

This isn't a consumer issue

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Rivervillage

L1011 wrote: »
    This isn't a consumer issue
    My apologies I just wasn't sure where to put it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Rivervillage

glen25 wrote: »
    I do airbnb in my house and have House insurance with Allianz. It’s not a special policy as they cover a certain number of nights B&B per month as part of the standard policy. If you are full every night of the month it’s prob a bit different. But they definitely cover occasional bed and breakfast guests. Airbnb also have insurance for hosts & guests - check it out.
    I appreciate that - will check them out tomorrow. A lot of insurance companies don't seem to want to cover it.
    Thank you for your help

• Registered Users Posts: 902 ✭✭✭Cows Go µ

If it's a standard house (ie not in a subsidence area, under 100 years old etc) then I think Allianz is the only company that do Airbnb. If it's non-standard then I think Kidd Insurances do an Airbnb policy but I don't know what kind of restrictions they have.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,678 ✭✭✭Selik

Allianz do it for me on my apartment. Was around 120 per annum. I think they're one of the only companies that do it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,926 ✭✭✭davo10

• Registered Users Posts: 1,805 ✭✭✭ballyharpat

I'm with Chrome insurance, when I was insuring, they said there is no change to my policy. Ireland is one of the few countries where Airbnb covers anything that has happened due to a tenants negligence, and I have claimed from them without a problem. I do Airbnb from my principal residence.

Advertisement