Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New boiler needed in Windmill Clonsilla

Options
  • 13-12-2017 6:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7

My plumber has just informed me that the boiler in my apartment has been destroyed by limescale and needs replacement. Has anyone else had this problem? How much did you pay for boiler&installation? Did your plumber suggest any less extreme/costly solution?thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,490 ✭✭✭amtc

If you need someone I have a very reliable contact who has replaced both mine and my parents boilers during the year.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Frenchlass

I have a plumber thanks but would be very interested to know how much you paid. I've been quoted between 1600 euro and 2200 euro, depending on model.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,490 ✭✭✭amtc

1500 to 1800. (I needed some radiators moved so was higher).

Clonsilla is renowned for lime scale. My mother has been trying to grow hydrangeas for years to little success.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,648 ✭✭✭✭beauf

I could be wrong, but I think the older areas are supplied from from Wicklow, the newer from Meath. Its the Meath supply thats got a lot of limescale.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Frenchlass

that's very interesting re water supply @ beauf! Boiler is only 10ish years old.. vey annoying to have to replace already!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 22,648 ✭✭✭✭beauf

Showers, boilers, kettles etc. Only way to avoid is to install a water softener.

Advertisement