Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pans for induction

• 13-12-2017 7:35pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,825 ✭✭✭

So we got this induction cooker, which I love, adore, want to marry.
    Most cookware we had are compatible with it.

There's only one thing I'm struggling a bit with to find: decent yet affordable smaller sized pans.
    I have a big one, I'll get a wok soon, I have a cast iron griddle and a normal cast iron. But I need one or two smaller ones for cooking sausages or frying eggs when I don't wanna use the big one or a cast iron, basically doing quick small tasks.

Any suggestions anyone? :)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,675 ✭✭✭exaisle

Yeah...Tefal Titanium Pro. It has usable frying diameter of around 18cm.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,825 ✭✭✭LirW

I want something even smaller and preferably not nonstick. I mean I might come back to one non-stick.
    I currently have one stainless steel pan from Ikea and I love it like crazy, it's an amazing pan.

I really struggle to find affordable pans only, something that doesn't come in a set.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,185 ✭✭✭dee_mc

TK Maxx usually has a good selection of induction-friendly pans at reasonable prices.
    I have a really nice Tefal one that unfortunately doesn't sit quite flat so doesn't connect on 3 of the 4 rings which is a pain - worth setting the pan on a flat surface before you buy to check this, it's more common than you'd imagine!

Thanks, that's some really good advice there!
    Cooking veteran here but induction rookie and I'm lucky enough that all mine sit well.

Will check TK Maxx out the next time. I also saw a few induction friendly frying pans at Aldi, the ones with the mottled coat. Does anyone know if they're any good?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,185 ✭✭✭dee_mc

I've had a couple of the Aldi ones and they're fine from an induction point of view but if you use Frylight (cooking oil spray) the coating doesn't last pissing time

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,483 ✭✭✭✭Alun

I've had to replace all my pans recently too for the same reason, i.e. switching to induction and am very impressed with Circulon for the nonstick pans. Expensive but very good and have a lifetime guarantee.

In my limited experience so far, an advantage of induction is also that the heat seems to be distributed more evenly especially for larger diameter pans like frying pans so hot spots in the middle are avoided which I think is the reason many of my nonstick pans in the past have died prematurely.

• Registered Users Posts: 990 ✭✭✭LostinKildare

The Ikea pans come in several sizes. They are great, and great value.

http://www.ikea.com/ie/en/products/cookware/frying-pans-woks/

The small pans are made from Aluminium and not usable for induction. Also ikea pans are quite big and I had non-stick from them before and that's the only cookware from Ikea I really hate. The Stainless steel ones are brilliant though.

LirW wrote: »
    The small pans are made from Aluminium and not usable for induction.
    Not necessarily. You can get pans where the main body is made from aluminium for lightness but they have a base attached to them that makes them suitable for induction hobs. My big Circulon chef's pan is like this, for example.

I'm talking about the Ikea ones here. I hate their nonsticks while I adore their Stainless stees cookware. I'll have a look at the Circulon pans.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 622 ✭✭✭Deise Musashi

https://www.nisbets.ie/kitchenware-and-knives/cookware/pots-and-pans/frying-pans/_/a33-4?q=%3Ap_brand%3Ade20buyer&sort=match-rate-desc

De Buyer Mineral B Steel Frying and Blini Pans, Induction ready and non stick without teflon (just season correctly).

280mm down to 120mm

dn899_y_frying-pan.jpg

dn904_y_de-buyer.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 222 ✭✭Ted Plain

I just bought one of those little De Buyer pans from that nice, new Nisbets shop on Moore St. myself. Perfect size for a single fried egg. Only €11 or so and it looks like it will last for years.

I also cracked my induction hob last week. Looks like I'll have to replace it.

Ted Plain wrote: »
    I just bought one of those little De Buyer pans from that nice, new Nisbets shop on Moore St. myself. Perfect size for a single fried egg. Only €11 or so and it looks like it will last for years.

I also cracked my induction hob last week. Looks like I'll have to replace it.
    Wow, never knew Nisbets now had a normal shop ... must visit soon!

Advertisement