Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Burritos in Blanch

Options
  • 13-12-2017 7:58pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭

So, with the Boojmobile heading for the hills tomorrow. I'm wondering is there anywhere in the d15 area that delivers burritos etc? Can't see anything on Just Eat or Marvin so said I'd try asking here.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14 G.G.Smiley

I can't help with your question but just wanted to say I find it amazing there's no Burrito place in the entire of Dublin 15.
    You can't walk 10 minutes in the city centre without passing 3 - 4 of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,250 ✭✭✭ongarite

Spice bag rules the roost in D15

• Registered Users Posts: 6,505 ✭✭✭daymobrew

More than once I've cycled into town from Carpenterstown to buy from Boojum.
    One year, after doing a mid week duathlon in the Phoenix Park, my warm-down involved cycling to town to bring home some Boojum burritos.

It would be great if they opened up in the area.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,694 ✭✭✭ciaran76

There was a place in Coolmine last year but wasn't great. I looked it up there and it seems to be gone now.
    It was called Nachos 2 Go.

• Registered Users Posts: 224 ✭✭eimsRV

Lets Eat In (available on Just Eat) have a limited selection of mexican food, one is a beef burrito. Haven't tried it myself

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,753 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

Would there be a solid market for burritos in Dublin 15? It seems to be popular with hipsters and students who congregate in or near town but would suburbanites go for them?

Just sayin'

• Registered Users Posts: 4,070 ✭✭✭muckwarrior

JupiterKid wrote: »
    Would there be a solid market for burritos in Dublin 15? It seems to be popular with hipsters and students who congregate in or near town but would suburbanites go for them?

Just sayin'

Would make a nice alternative to the 795* Asian restaurants

*May be an exageration

• Registered Users Posts: 3,004 ✭✭✭Pat Dunne

JupiterKid wrote: »

Just sayin'

Loads students in Blanch IT. Plenty of Hipsters and Sudo-Hipsters in D15.

*May be an exageration
    :)

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,753 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

When I did my J1 in San Francisco back in the 1990s I discovered and fell in love with burritos. Boojum is definitely the best burrito place on Ireland.

BTW I'm 42, and definitely not a hipster lol!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭DoozerT6

Not D15, but not too far away - Saburritos in Liffey Valley? Upstairs in the food hall.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,399 ✭✭✭fletch

*May be an exageration
    Yeh...whats with that...we have Wagamamas, Diep, Mao, Blue Elephant, Camille, Ginzeng, Thai Garden...I'm sure I've probably left a few out.
    I'm not complaining as I love Thai but I don't understand how there is the market for so many.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,070 ✭✭✭muckwarrior

fletch wrote: »
    Yeh...whats with that...we have Wagamamas, Diep, Mao, Blue Elephant, Camille, Ginzeng, Thai Garden...I'm sure I've probably left a few out.
    I'm not complaining as I love Thai but I don't understand how there is the market for so many.

That's not even including all the Chinese (great bunch of lads) takeaways. So yeah, I'd be surprised if there wasn't a market for one decent burrito place.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,201 ✭✭✭ongarboy

fletch wrote: »

You're only listing the Asian chains! As the other poster said, there are countless one off Chinese takeaways. Ongar alone has 3 Asian takeaways in its village yet no chipper, never mind a burrito bar...I like Asian but what's the D15 obsession??

• Registered Users Posts: 2,677 ✭✭✭PhoenixParker

I think the market on d15 is mostly takeaway not eat in. Asian and Indian travels well. Burritos don't

• Registered Users Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

I think the market on d15 is mostly takeaway not eat in. Asian and Indian travels well. Burritos don't

Burritos spots don't do takeaways - maybe the odd one on Deliveroo. There's a niche for a burrito place in the SC or Village (or both).

• Registered Users Posts: 2,677 ✭✭✭PhoenixParker

Burritos spots don't do takeaways - maybe the odd one on Deliveroo. There's a niche for a burrito place in the SC or Village (or both).

That was my point. Takeaways do well in Dublin 15, sit down places don't. Burrito places are sit down places so they don't do well in D15.

I agree the SC could definitely use a burrito place. It could do with a much better range of food options generally.

Advertisement