Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Drury Street Bike Park - Closing for Renovations

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,079 ✭✭✭buffalo

site_owner wrote: »
    isn't the stillorgan park and ride about 200m away? and 7 times the size? and available immediately?

Yep, and in heavy use already.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,995 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

Balls... I forgot to get my lock. Probably been cut off by now
    Barriers are in place now but there’s still dozens of unclaimed bikes and locks inside. No alternative parking yet and every rack and lamppost in the immediate vicinity is occupied.

• Registered Users Posts: 955 ✭✭✭site_owner

i'm just hoping i can get through the next 2 weeks without my bike being stolen :/

• Registered Users Posts: 32 geb

Still large number of unclaimed bikes and locks inside on Sat 6th.  Notice said that everything being moved after Monday 8th. This might change when they see the amount of bikes that have to be shifted out to some compound in Cherry Orchard?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,442 ✭✭✭LollipopJimmy

I tore in Sunday night and got my lock, still at least 70 bikes there some nice machinery too

• Advertisement

any sign of the temporary parking space being ready for monday?

site_owner wrote: »
    any sign of the temporary parking space being ready for monday?
    I was speaking to one of the car park staff and another council employee there and neither seemed to think there would be any alternative temporary parking. :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭guile4582

anyone got an update on this, can I park at Drury? looking to park in town tomorrow evening (a very rare thing for me and my bike!!) ...#paranoid

guile4582 wrote: »
    anyone got an update on this, can I park at Drury? looking to park in town tomorrow evening (a very rare thing for me and my bike!!) ...#paranoid

Limited parking available in there on the ramps

Limited parking available in there on the ramps
    :confused:

I tried that a few weeks ago and was moved swifty along.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 6,848 Mod ✭✭✭✭eeeee

There are a load of bikes in there still, I was wondering if I could sneakily lock up in there for a few hours...
    Knowing me though that would be the exact time they do a clean out.

:confused:

I tried that a few weeks ago and was moved swifty along.

I was in two weeks ago and there were bikes along the ramps and signs saying 'temporary bike parking

• Registered Users Posts: 1,141 ✭✭✭Doctor Bob

I used it last night. Temporary bike parking - with, as mentioned, signs saying as much - on the ramps, with some parking left in the old space in front of you as you come in. Mind the floor, though- builders' debris littered about the place.

I was in two weeks ago and there were bikes along the ramps and signs saying 'temporary bike parking
    Good stuff. There were no signs the last time I ventured in.

is it tight on spaces? if i get there and have no where to park, am pretty screwed..i've something on by Henry street but reckon this is the only safe place to park me pride and joy

• Registered Users Posts: 1,141 ✭✭✭Doctor Bob

I arrived just before 8pm on Tuesday and there were plenty of spaces. If you're arriving in the early evening it might still be busy from daytime use.

The original wall to the side has been demolished and it looks like the bike park will be extended into what was a lower floor.

oZBceprh.jpg

Doctor Bob wrote: »
    I arrived just before 8pm on Tuesday and there were plenty of spaces. If you're arriving in the early evening it might still be busy from daytime use.
    Arrived around 5pm this evening and there was only one space available. Several bikes were locked to the car space railings (which I'm sure won't go down well with the operators).

• Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Any idea if it would be full on a friday evening around 7-8pm? and what time does it close at?

i was in last friday night, at around 8.30pm there were loads of spaces.
    its commuters mainly using it i expect.

its open until 2am iirc but might double check with the security, i'm usually gone by 12.30.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 6,848 Mod ✭✭✭✭eeeee

Used to close at 1am, don't know what it's like now mid revamp

nee wrote: »
    Used to close at 1am, don't know what it's like now mid revamp
    It moved to a 2am closing time a while back.

When I'm on the soup run it does be open at 1ish anyway and has been recently

• Registered Users Posts: 2,245 ✭✭✭check_six

Does anyone know what the latest status of the Drury St bike park facilities are?

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

check_six wrote: »
    Does anyone know what the latest status of the Drury St bike park facilities are?

They were painting the lower segment last week, no racks were moved back in at that point.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Anyone had a peek of late?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,990 ✭✭✭68 lost souls

Parked the car in there on Saturday, not much progress that I could see.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,450 ✭✭✭Harrybelafonte

The whole area was boarded up last week so no progress would have been visible. I’m in it now and it looks almost ready. Looks great tbh.

The whole area was boarded up last week so no progress would have been visible. I’m in it now and it looks almost ready. Looks great tbh.

Looks great eh? that makes me suspicious

will there be a charge i wonder haha

• Advertisement

Hopefully no charges, but maybe they will use the clean slate to start removing abandoned bikes more regularly. From the amount that were taken to the depot it seems like a lot of bikes were abandoned. Space was at a premium in there so it needs to be done.

Maybe once a month tag every bike that's there on a Monday morning, any bike that still has the tag on a week later could be removed to the depot

Advertisement