Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Drury Street Bike Park - Closing for Renovations

Options
124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 389 ✭✭'68 Fastback

I walked past yesterday and could see site hoarding around the racks. So not yet i think.

• Registered Users Posts: 955 ✭✭✭site_owner

Is the bike park back up and running yet?

the dublin cycling campaign update is just that its "nearly there" so not open yet but light at the end of the tunnel

• Registered Users Posts: 9,760 ✭✭✭Effects

Great to see that it's got a workstand, tools and a pump there now.

Took a few photos today, the work stand is available to use already.

The rest looks basically finished

https://imgur.com/gallery/G20A6rm

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,831 ✭✭✭Annie get your Run

Is this completely out of commission for bikes or is there still a place to safety lock your bike there at the moment? I have a course to attend in Anguier Street tomorrow and this looks like the closest safe place to leave the bike for the day.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,995 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

Is this completely out of commission for bikes or is there still a place to safety lock your bike there at the moment? I have a course to attend in Anguier Street tomorrow and this looks like the closest safe place to leave the bike for the day.
    On the ramp to the left and on the floor to the left above the ramp there are spaces but it can be difficult to get a spot.

On the ramp to the left and on the floor to the left above the ramp there are spaces but it can be difficult to get a spot.

Thanks WA, I don't suppose you know of anywhere else, I presume Brown Thomas don't have bike facilities or even Stephens Green/RCOS?

I've always managed to get a space. Even on busy days.
    Maybe a few minute wait but there is usually some coming and going.

If it's overcast like today a lot of people won't cycle too.

There are also loads of new Sheffield stands appearing round the city if you just need a few hours parking and have a reasonable lock

site_owner wrote: »
    I've always managed to get a space. Even on busy days.
    Maybe a few minute wait but there is usually some coming and going.

If it's overcast like today a lot of people won't cycle too.

There are also loads of new Sheffield stands appearing round the city if you just need a few hours parking and have a reasonable lock

Should have just checked with the place I'm going tomorrow, apparently they have small car park in the back and I can lock my bike there :o.

I rang Qpark to ask them about Christchurch and Stephens Green and the guy seemed to think that there'd be no problem locking my bike in there although they don't provide it a service and it would be 'at your own risk'. Interesting to know I guess.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,079 ✭✭✭buffalo

Official re-opening: http://www.dublincity.ie/upgraded-cycle-parking-facility-opens-drury-street-car-park
    Brendan O’Brien, Head of Technical Services, Dublin City Council said “This new facility meets a clear demand for safe, secure cycle parking. It shows what can be done in a multi-storey car park. We would welcome other car park operators approaching Dublin City Council with proposals on how they could provide similar facilities.”

Dublin City Council is already looking at other facilities that are suitable for providing such parking and they hope to develop more facilities to compliment this one in the near future.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Dfe9e0fXcAA7vr8.jpg:medium
    Dfe9e0ZXUAADGLF.jpg:medium

• Registered Users Posts: 9,450 ✭✭✭Macy0161

Is this up and running again now? Do you have to be early to get a spot? Have a meeting 10ish in the city centre later in the week, and would rather not bus it...

• Registered Users Posts: 24,995 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

Macy0161 wrote: »
    Is this up and running again now? Do you have to be early to get a spot? Have a meeting 10ish in the city centre later in the week, and would rather not bus it...
    Yes - it opened about a week ago. Plenty of spaces when I used it last Thursday morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,450 ✭✭✭Macy0161

Just to update - used this this morning. Absolutely brilliant facility. About the only criticism I can muster is that the sensor light kept turning off on me as I got organised both locking up and unlocking, and that's very very minor.

Advertisement